2022 Cardinals MLB Game 74 thread – Saturday, June 25 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 74 thread – Saturday, June 25 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (5-5, 2.64) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Brendan Donovan (L) LF
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That lineup needs to be changed. Donovan and Gorman need to switch places. And even though the announcers were talking last night about how great Yepez is I will believe it when I see it.

Din-din today will be a ribeye steak in the air fryer, some jumbo crinkle cut french fries, a Mt. Dew, and a piece of Banana Cream pie from the Amish restaurant. All about the time of 1st pitch in this one. Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch along with a 7×50 Palma Real cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And, on a good note last night, at least we didn’t lose any ground. Milwaukee lost to Toronto 9-4 at County Stadium. And yes, Front Row Amy was in attendance last night.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree Rat. Donovan should bat 2nd. It is common sense to put your best OBP guys in front of the big bats. This recent trend by the analytical geeks of having a power bat hit 2nd is nonsense. Whitey Herzog would have told them where to stuff their spreadsheets.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Speaking of OBP. Our three speedy defensive outfielders not looking so good. 7th,8th, and 10th on the team. They are also 7th, 8th, and 9th in average. 5th, 6th, and 9th in walks. Maybe WAR says they are tearing it up. I’m not seeing that. How many more years do they get before we go get an above average hitter to boost this offense. Maybe Carlson steps up. Gonna be a lot of nights like last night until then.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Arenado is fun to watch. You can say that about a lot of middle infielders. Not something you say about third basemen very often.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’d feel a lot better with a coupla more runs. C’mon Cardinals, don’t let up now. Rah Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just got here. Great to see 2 runs right off. Mikolas should be able to hold em down but its been going the other guys get a stray dinger with somebody on lately. Our last inning ab Goldy could off walked but swinging at pitches low outside. Just take the strikes.Let em walk you. Checking on game day. Need some more runs.
    Din-din will be that steak I never cooked.Marinated it last night to keep it going.
    Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gorman don’t want no meatballs!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Carlson with a big double. Arenado scores Donovan to second.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

OK boys and girls. It’s time foe a BIG INNING!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yepez a flyout, Bader a called third strike, and Noot a strikeout, Two lob. Rally killed.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Oh Zut! So much for the big inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Shoulda sent the runner on Yepez flyout. We’re not exactly an offensive juggernaut.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Constitutional amendment suggestion: any time a team has men on second and third and nobody out and fails to score, the hitting coach and manager are each automatically fined $5,000.

I think I can get bi-partisan support on this one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

You’re gonna break the team. They’ll have to taje out loans CIF !

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Another opportunity to pad the score slips through our fingers.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We kind of need Donovan up in the order right now, but I am liking the idea of him there at 5th in th middle of the order behind the boppers. He could grow into that nicely. We need a high OBP guy up in the 2 slot though.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

The big boys are doing their job today but the little birds are just fluttering!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just hadda happen didn’t it? 3-3.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

WHY!!!!!! He fouled off how many pitches to that side of the field!!! You knew he was trying to pull it!!!!

WHY WHY WHY…. Throw that pitch. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gee- that was a real surprise. Tied from behind with 8 lob.Not pitchings fault. Score some runs.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Not Gio’s fault they are asking him to throw 40 pitches and go 2 innings instead of having more than 3, now 2 with Cabrera out, pitchers that can get outs. The Cubs are terrible and I’d take Wick or Martin or definitely Effross or Robertson over most of the Cardinal relievers.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.