2022 Cardinals MLB Game 72 thread – Thursday, June 23 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 72 thread – Thursday, June 23 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:10 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (5-3, 3.31) vs. RH Jason Alexander (1-0, 2.42)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudson looked really good last time out. Hope we don’t have hangover from last night. Travel day too. Lets win this one
    Din-din will be shoulder steak, baked po and bricolli florets.
    Go Cardinals!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yepez is playing LF again???

Jeepers, he’s flubbed two flyballs in the last week. Flyballs that a good high school player could catch. Let’s hope Kenny Hudson can make pitches to keep the Brewers from hitting any flyballs to Yepez.

I will probably miss the first 2-3 innings as I will be out on the John Deere mowing the yard. Then later tonight I am planning on attending my first Dubois County Bombers summer league game tonight down at League Stadium in Huntingburg. “There’s no crying in baseball!” – Tom Hanks

r/Esteemed Rat

Edit: I agree gscottar. Gorman and Donovan should be flipped in the lineup.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would rather flip flop Gorman and Donovan in the batting order but oh well.

I am starting to wonder about the Noot experiment. He had is Bo Hart/Jeremy Hazelbaker moments last year but it appears reality has set in. He seems overmatched this year. Maybe by me saying that he will go 4-4 today.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I would rather flip flop Gorman and Donovan in the batting order but oh well.

Couldn’t agree more!

As for Nootbaar. He’s definitely got some talent, but struggling this year. He was rushed up last year out of necessity. He was drafted in 2018 made it to AA in 2019, missed 2020, even spending time in AAA this year he only has 52 games and 180 PA in AAA. But I also believe his time with St. Louis could be numbered as the need for pitching is there and Burleson is waiting in AAA. But then again Nootbaar plays much better defense than Burleson and Yepez and they may not move him.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Yepez is playing LF again???

If you can hit they will find a place for you to play. His bat has to be in the lineup. Is he better off at 1B or DH? Clearly. But Oli must want to DH Arenado today, meaning Yepez has to play LF. A lot like Allen Craig was. He wasn’t much of an OF at all, but he wasn’t playing 1B with Pujols and his bat was too good not to have in the lineup. Start him, give him 3 AB’s, defensive sub late.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Would prefer to see Sosa at SS and Edman in left today. Put Yepez in right and send Noot back for Woodford. Otherwise trade or release Woody and Sosa they are wasted talent. They apparently are not in the plans. Isn’t fair to them and players below them.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hopefully when O’Neill returns the LF situation stabilizes. Yepez has an “Ozuna” like look to him out there.

No way we can win this one going against Alexander. Old Pete is one of the best ever! Oh wait, it’s Jason Alexander – wasn’t he on Seinfeld? Hopefully Keith Hernandez sent us a scouting report on him.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Keith only knows Jason is a chucker

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Wow. There’s the first break. That was bad.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Sosa hasn’t done anything to deserve to play more, not like he’s hitting. Sosa is no more than Aledmys Diaz to me. Nothing wrong with that, there is a role for that and a chance to make a good living and decent MLB career of it. Sosa isn’t going to be a consistent MLB starter. And Edman doesn’t need to be in the OF. He’s the SS and shouldn’t be moving elsewhere.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Sosa has had his 15 minutes of fame also. It is only a matter of time before PDJ’s contract brings him back to STL. Sosa could be sent packing since he is out of options.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I know there has been lots of talk about getting rid of DeJong, but I really think his contract is going to prohibit that. He has the ability to play 2B and 3B, and play by far mostly 3B in the minors. I wondered if they would include Sosa in a trade to beef up the pen, and bring DeJong back up as a utility IF.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Is easy to say Sosa hasn’t done anything to deserve to play more. In all fairness he wasn’t been given consistent at bats. I’m not saying play Sosa over Donovan. Never said he was a starter. Just saying this is a day I think defense is more important than offense. What has Noot done offensively? So waste Sosa’a ass on the bench or get rid of him? What’s the better option?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What has Noot done offensively? So waste Sosa’a ass on the bench or get rid of him? What’s the better option?

It isn’t an either/or thing. They could both be goners before the season ends.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Today was an either or. Sosa at 3rd, Donovan in LF, Yepez in right….vs Donovan at 3rd, Yepez in LF, Noort in RF. Which defense would you prefer?

And that play is your first example. Maybe I’m wrong but I believe Sosa makes it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Arenado has to be the DH today then I would go with Donovan at 3B, Bader in CF, and Yepez in RF. I think Yepez’ bat is more important than Sosa’s glove.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I would agree with Yepez offense vs Sosa Defense. I said Sosa defense vs Noot’s offense. Noot is in the lineup today. Not Bader. I had Yepez in my lineup. Then Noot makes a good throw showing us both up.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, I don’t like the idea of having Arenado and Bader off the field on the same day. I would probably choose Sosa over Noot if that are the only options.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In every series so far with the Brewers this year, the Cards have lost the first game, won the next two and lost the finale. It’s looking like this will continue the pattern.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson doesn’t seem to have it today. Looks like a bullpen day.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like I said, I bad mouthed Noot and he has a good game. I need to do it more often I guess.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Probably gonna see Wittgren today. Needed Dakota to be on today. Noot shut me up too, now the rest of the offense needs to kick it in gear.

carp4cy
    Participant

Free

That is mostly Sosa’s own fault. He gets hurt / Covid or something nearly every time he starts to make a little bit of traction. In between that he seems a make a lot of bonehead plays for the amount of time he is on the field. It shouldn’t matter how many ABs you get – you still should never miss touching 3B in MLB. A successful utility player Has to always be ready and dependable, not someone you have to make excuses for not getting enough playing time affecting their readiness.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.