2022 Cardinals MLB Game 6 thread – Friday, April 15 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 6 thread – Friday, April 15 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:10 p.m.
    LHP Steven Matz (0-1, 21.00) vs. RHP Freddy Peralta (0-0, 6.75)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Update: Based on Wednesday’s rainout, Miles Mikolas will start this game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hope Mikolas can turn in a good performance for us tonight. I am going to assume with Peralta on the mound that Nootbaar will probably get his 1st start of the young season?

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuning in for this one. We were watching the Reds/Dodgers game late last night and saw the Doyers plate six runs in the last of the 8th to break open the 3-3 tie.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Lars Nootbaar (L) DH
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

God willing, I just might be manning the PBP throttle for this one. Or, after a rough one last night, I just may be kicking back in the easy chair, while game threading it with all of you fine folks here at The Cardinal Nation. Just Pepsi Cola for me tonight. I don’t even want to think of Wild Turkey after last evening……and not even any variations thereof. There will be no mention of “wild” pitches tonight….. let’s refer them as “primitive” pitches for tonight only shall we? And the following goes especially for posters such as Rat and Wooster. No calling the umpire a “turkey” tonight…. no matter how badly they screw calls up. Let’s go with “rooster” instead. And who knows, maybe their last name will be “Cogburn” anyway.

Have a really good feeling about Mikolas tonight. I think he handcuffs these Brewers en route to a 6-3 Birds victory.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I came out about $30 ahead on my weekly allowance to myself this week. As a result I went out to Lakeview, the Amish restaurant north of town that sits on the lake, and ate my late lunch. Whilst there I feasted on not one, not two, not three, not four, but five (5) Catfish Fiddlers. Along with mashed potatoes, brown gravy, noodles, and dressing. Along with a big bowl of vanilla soft serve ice cream. Including buying myself a Cherry Pie to bring home. And there was a really hot Amish gal named Emily that works there. She was my waitress today..:)

I am going out on a limb and call this one a 7-3 Redbird winner tonight with Pauly Poo Goldschmidt getting off the schneid and lauching not one, but two wangers tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A din-din fit for a king, Rat. What royalty could ever turn their nose up at not 1…..not 2…..not 3….not 4……..but 5 fabulous catfish fiddlers? Sweet eats Rat!

Pretty basic din-din here. Culver’s double mushroom burger, onion rings, Cole slaw, 2 scoops of chocolate and a root beer. Wooster, Bling, Mr. Perkins, So_Cal, BicycleMike, Cardinal In France or stlcard25 should be weighing in soon.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t need to read that after the leftover catfish the other night. I haven’t been the same since.

Real baseball fans know that tonight will be the Nooty and Ed show.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had some very well marbled NY strip steak grilled up this evening, baked russets, and corn, plus some homemade applesauce. I had family come over so it wasn’t a game day meal per se, but it hit the spot. Now I’m just settled in for a Good Friday evening relaxation session.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you, Bling. Just imagine this din-din duo. Five catfish fiddlers and enough Wild Turkey to choke a horse. If that doesn’t put you on the 15 day DL, nothing will.

Wow, love your din-din, stlcard25!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nooty walks and the bases are bulging with Birds with 2 outs in a scoreless 1st inning.

Bader rips a liner into center and that will plate a deuce.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Good for you Harrison. My goodness was that a welcome sight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hammer in the house!

Bader swipes 2nd without a throw.
    Now Knizner lofts a wounded quail into right and that’ll bring home a couple more Birds….4-0 .

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

What’s good my brother??

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Well. This is rather encouraging.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Soda just looks like a player

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On cue Sosa rips it into left for a hit…..he smoked that baby.

Edman couldn’t check his swing and that’ll do it for St. Louis in the 1st…..but oh what a 1st frame it was….4-0 Good Guys as Milwaukee prepares to take their first swings of the evening.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Just a regular day off for PDJ or……..

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

And I agree that he just looks like a player. I really like his swing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think PDJ may be getting plenty of rest here soon, Hammer.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas finds America’s Dairyland to his liking as he’s 4-1 lifetime in Milwaukee, with a most impressive 1.92 era. And he sets the Crew down in order in the 1st. You really couldn’t draw up a much better 1st inning game plan if you’re the Cardinals.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I do too man. He has not looked good and I love what Sosa brings to the lineup. He had a very respectable OBP last year and seems like he has some legit dog in him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jackie Robinson was traded to the Giants, but retired instead to take a corporate job. He died at age 53…. getting this from the Brewers feed……

Now with Carlson at 1st, Goldy blasts one off the right field wall for a double and Carlson will score with ease….5-0 with no outs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peralta may have 100 heaves by the 3rd inning as he already has logged 50 with one out here in the 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Arenado laces a single to left that will plate Goldy and it’s now 6-0 Birds. Let’s not let off the throttle until we’re up 12.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow that was a good looking swing from LN.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.