2022 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G2 DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G2 DH)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I wonder if Pugs will be in attendance in Milwaukee? I bet he will be down there with Front Row Amy. Soon it will be Front Row Pugs.

Rat, didn’t you know Pugs moonlights as Bernie Brewer when he’s not doing PBP here?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Mikolas starts the inning with 98 pitches.

Castillo ….his 2-2 pitch should have been called a strike. But Mikolas comes right back and whiffs Castillo swinging on a dandy breaking ball.

Ho Park flies out to Bader in shallow center field….just 4 more outs for the no-no.

Chang strikes out swinging.

Cards 9
    Pirates 1

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I know what not to say Euro and I’m not saying it either- but everybodys thinking it

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha! Good one, Euro Dandy, but FRA (that’s “Front Row Amy” to the layman) is a bit too old for good ole’ Pugs here.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Cards in command through 8. How about a quick 3 up, 3 down bottom half so we can get to the real excitement. Come on offense, swing at the first pitch.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Is that pic Amy?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Donovan has really been impressive. He hits like we thought Dylan Carlson would.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

115 pitches for Mikolas. Do they dare send him out for the 9th?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Say what, Wooster? And yes, that’s FRA, who is too old for Pugs.

Pugs is a former mentor to Hugh Hefner.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8. Bednar on for Pittsburgh.

Edman lines a shot that’s speared for the out by the 2nd baseman Marcano. Boy I’d love to see the off the bat velocity on that ball.

Donovan throttles a drive deep to right …and it bangs off the wall and Donovan has himself a double.

Goldy on 3-2 walks…..he almost went around on a ball way wide of the zone.

Gorman hits a high fly ball into straight away right field and it’s the center fielder Suwinski drifting way on over to hog the fly ball….you don’t see that very often.

O’Neill grounds out to short

Cards 9
    BUCS 1

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Here we go boys and girls…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

He has a “Wainwright” curve ball going tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Let’s get this no hitter shall we?

Perez grounds out to the 3rd baseman Donovan, who with the shift was playing at short. Two more!

Marcano …3-0…now 3-1…..now 3-2….flies out to Carlson in fairly deep right field. Miles at 123 pitches now.

Mitchell….2-2……one more strike…..bounces it just foul by inches down the 3rd baseline….Cal Mitchell hits a drive to fairly deep center…..Bader’s on his high horse racing back and it’s just inches over his glove and there goes the no-no…..I thought Bader was going to track it down, but it was not to be. If he could have dove and caught that ball it would have been clearly etched in all of our memories forever and ever

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Can’t believe Mikolas caught so much of the plate on the 3-0 pitch to Marcano. And then he came back and got him!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

One to go!!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where’s the umpire’s wide strike zone on this at bat to Mitchell? Mikolas could use it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ugh. It’s insane how lucky guys are on the last out of a potential no-no at times.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

What!!?? 8 and two-thirds!! Are you kiddin’ me!! I thought Bader was going to get that. Man…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Now let’s see if we can hold on and win this one. 😀

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Is cussing allowed here? I’ll throw in a fiddlesticks for now.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

What!!?? 8 and two-thirds!! Are you kiddin’ me!! I thought Bader was going to get that. Man…

Not to mention 2 strikes. Plus the ump squeezed on the first pitch (not that the rest of the AB would’ve gone the same way if he’d called it a strike).

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! Cussing is allowed here under these rare circumstances, Euro.

Miles exiting the game, with Packy Naughton looking to close this one out. He induces a grounder to 2nd to end it. Even though we won 9-1, I still feel…..not so great. Oh so very very close to the no hitter…..those hurt when they aren’t completed to a happy conclusion.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s 10 games over .500 for the Cards now. It’s a nice number to have, but man you’d have loved to see Mikolas finish the no hitter. You have to think he will need to recover some before his next start.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Packy gets the final out. Lot of laughs down there – what can you do? Well done MM!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thinking that too on recovering. I would think they will give him an extra day or two.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years