2022 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G2 DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 64 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G2 DH)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    LHP Matthew Liberatore or RHP Miles Mikolas (4-4, 2.93) vs. TBA or RHP JT Brubaker (0-6, 4.60)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I assume Mikolas is starting Game 2?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Nice to win Game #1. Me and Whitey Herdog missed it but we will be on the couch for Game #2 along with a couple of cigars. I hope Mikolas can give us 7 innings in this one. Plus I hope the offense shows up early and we jump out to a lead.

Din-din today was a Subway Steak & Cheese, some baked beans from the deli, and five chocolate chip cookies from Subway. Along with a Mt. Dew. And my new refridgerator arrived today. My LG fridge went on the frits last week and I couldn’t get anybody to come fix it. So I splurged on a new one.

After Game #2 tonight it will be time to watch either the Reds at Arizona or the Angels at the Dodgers. And another cigar or two.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Coolio…..any pics of the new fridge, Rat? I gave up on your Subway sandwiches years ago, as they’d load my sandwich up to the gills with lettuce and peppers, but terribly skimp you on the meat. Firehouse Subs are pretty good in our area.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had work so missed first game, nice win and some good pitching. Let’s go for two here

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well looks like we’re getting our rout…..7-0 Cards with St. Louis still batting in the 2nd. Goldy with a two run shot and a three run tater. Edman too with a dinger, while Mikolas has held them hitless thru 2.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not going to be able to watch vh this game either, softball game, but top of lineup is smacking right now, goldy having a heck of a day

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope your daughter has a hitting day like Goldy is having today, Willie. 7-0 Cards going to the 3rd. I’m actually not watching this one as I’m presently away, but am following it on CBS sports when I can.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

That Goldy guy is pretty good….. unbelievable run he’s on!

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Kudos to Marmol for giving Tommy Edman the afternoon off. Certainly looks fresh tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Through just 4 innings, the top 3(Edman-Donovan-Goldy) in the order are 8-9 with 7 rbi and 3 taters. We’ll l win a lot of games with numbers like that won’t we.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just arrived back home to catch the end of this gem. Miles totally having his way with Pittsburgh thru 6 innings and it’s 7-1 Good Guys.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope we sweep the Pirates. The next seven games won’t be easy. Three at Fenway against the Red Sox and then four at Miller Park against the Brewers. If we go 3-4 in those seven games that might be acceptable.

I wonder if Pugs will be in attendance in Milwaukee? I bet he will be down there with Front Row Amy. Soon it will be Front Row Pugs.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

What’s with that big gold chain Mikolas wears? I know guys do that, but whenever I played competitive sports I never wanted any kind of jewelry or decoration on. I wanted to make sure I could do anything without a fluke thing where something got in the way.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6. Banda dealing for Pittsburgh.

Knizner hits a little popup in back of 1st base and it’s Chang backpedaling a few strides to haul it in.

Edman lines out to Castillo at short…..I think that’s Castro…..having just arrived home, I haven’t even had time to study the lineups yet.

Donovan rips a liner into left for a base hit.

Goldy on 3-2 blisters a shot right back where it originated from and nearly decapitates the pitcher Banda in the process…. luckily for Banda the ball did miss hitting him and ended up out in center field for a hit…. Donovan stopping at 2nd.

Gorman lofts a fly to short left…. drifting over near the line where the left fielder dives and does not come up with it….2 runs will score on the Gorman bloop double and it’s 9-1 Cards.

Pez

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, you just can’t pitch to Goldy now. Career year in the making. Looking like the younger version in Phoenix.

His stats from the all-star break last year until now have to be incredible.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Gorman with a seeing-eye double makes it 9-1.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Donovan’s opposite field skills are very impressive.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re in the 7th and Pittsburgh has yet to pick themselves up a hit.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The first two Pirates send Bader about as far back into center field as one can go before running out of real estate…..both caught.

No-hitter still intact for Mikolas thru 7.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Danny Mac not saying it on the broadcast.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Danny Mac not saying it on the broadcast.

What’s to say?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

98 pitches. Don’t do it Marmol

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thought Albert had one there.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7. Heath Hembree center stage for Pittsburgh.

Carlson walks on 4 consecutive bad ones.

Albert drills a shot to center that spells trouble for Pittsburgh….. Suwinski back to the wall and he has it for the out. When the ball left Albert’s bat, the sound of the bat and both the crowd’s and Albert’s reaction all pointed to that ball ending up as a souvenir for some lucky fan out in the outfield bleachers, but it was not to be.

Bader strikes out swinging at one in the dirt.

Knizner flies out to left.

Cards 9
    Pirates 1 (but still no hits)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years