2022 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Monday, June 13 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Monday, June 13 vs. Bucs

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A couple of Pittsburgh base hits has Pittsburgh thinking big things here in the top of the 5th. Runners on the corners with just one out… maybe we should stay with the action shan’t we?

Hayes drills a base hit to right to make this a 2-0 Pittsburgh ballgame….. Reynolds stopping at 2nd base.

Chavis throttles a high deep drive to left center field and nobody wearing a full Cards uniform is going to catch this one….long gone and it’s 5-0.

Vogelbach lines out to Carlson in center.

Castillo grounds out to Donovan at 3rd base …nice fielding play by the rookie.

Pirates 5
    Cards 0

Thompson with 92 pitches….we will not be seeing a 93rd.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Once again the St. Louis offense is non-existent. You can chalk this one up into the Loss column. Time to get a bite to eat and get ready for the Reds game at Arizona.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5.

Knizner grounds it up the middle where Chang fields it….and from the seat of his pants throws it hard and accurately to Chavis at 1st base for the out….wow that’s a highlight reel play if I ever witnessed one. And I’m not sure if it’s just my imagination, but has Chang fielded every darn ball that the Cards have put into play tonight?

Edman strikes out.

Gorman flies out to Chang in center who had just switched positions with Reynolds…..ah ah ah….only joshing, it’s Reynolds catching it in center field to retire the side.

Pittsburgh 5
    St. Louis 0

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Donovan just wears out the opposite field. You can’t shift on him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarland pitching for St. Louis in the 6th.

And T. J. sets the Bucs down in order.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And I’m totally bummed!!! My entire inning cannot be posted. It was such a beautiful inning to report and when I hit the Post button, a little note in pink comes up stating that my post cannot be created at this time….or something to that effect. This is not the first time it’s occured…..very frustrating, especially with an inning such as this. I keep trying to post it, but the same notification comes up.

Anyway, Carlson with the big 3 run homer and we’re tied at 5.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy with a solo shot…..6-5 Cards in the 7th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards get just the one and it’s 6-5 Birds heading to the 8th. Am I the only one here tonight?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos retires the leadoff Pirate in the 8th and then he gives way to Genesis (properly pronounced “Hen-a-sis”) “Cabby” Cabrera.

Cabby strikes out Vogelbach and induces Castillo to pop out to Goldy in fair territory to retire the side.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Cabby needs to bring the good stuff tonight.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Need to tack on a couple and get Cabby outta there. Lot of bball tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh Cabby brought the primo stuff with him tonight…..looks like it’s just you and me onboard here, KsCardFan.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson living and playing large tonight as he drills a leadoff double to open the Redbird 8th.

Then Knizner lays down a nice sac bunt to 3rd base and then Chang, who was covering 1st base, somehow muffs the easy throw from his 3rd baseman and it’s 7-5 Birds on the E-4…..or would they score that E-3? Wow we need a ruling, but I think they’d score it E-4.

Cards get just the one fortunate run, compliments of the normally sure handed Chang and the Cardinals will float a 2 run advantage into the 9th inning.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Knizner is scuffling. Herrera is tearing it up at Memphis. maybe time here before long to swap em out. I don’t see Yadi playing but 3-4 times a week going forward in the heat.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Dan and Brad need to quit bragging up Helsley. Black catting him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley on to close matters out for St. Louis.

Suwinski lines out to O’Neill in deep left field and that ball was hit with authority, as Suwinski was really dialed in on that Helsley fast ball, but fortunately it was in Tyler O’Neill’s area code.

Cal Mitchell strikes out swinging.

Michael Perez flies out to Bader in center.

Your fine final score:

St. Louis Cardinals 7
    Pittsburgh Pirates 5

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well thats a winner! Good night for Goldy and most of the team. Was our night. Bullpen was good too.
    Only caught the last couple innings Pugs. You were not alone. Had Arabic in my keyboard again. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I get that error message alot to Pugs. It’s quite frustrating. Glad you persevered under such trying circumstances. Like the old saying goes…..”During times of crisis great men will rise…” Like John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missle Crisis.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well wasn’t able to watch, youngest had a softball tourney game. Nice to see our team fight back after falling behind. I always hate tournaments especially for young kids. Coaches and parents get crazy. Our team isn’t good and our youngest isn’t either, haven’t worked too much with her cause I know zip about softball and really the only reason she plays is to be around the other kids. But crazy stuff happened. She got hit by a pitched ball. Went to first. Well it was a dead ball. I guess the coach at first told her she could go to the dugout and get some ice and they used a pinch runner. Which seems the human thing to do cause it was a pretty fast pitch and she was upset. Well the other coach argued they couldn’t pinch run cause they all bat the full lineup, no subs. I’ve never tried to play so callous with the rules in baseball even when we battled the lineups. If somebody got sick or hurt, we had no issue with running someone else. They also tried to say cause she ran off field during dead ball, she should be out. The ump tried to stay out of it and let coaches work it out but they couldn’t so he let it go which was right thing to do. Also had a rules issue I wasn’t aware of with a past ball and a play at plate. The batter stepped out of the way but the catcher ran in line towards the batter who was away from plate and not in between plate and catcher. I actually think she thought the batter was the runner. Anyway cause contact was made, the ump called the runner out. In between innings last I asked him if that was a judgement call or a hard fast rule and he said it was a rule. I looked it up and sure enough he was right. But it seems absurd cause you could just instruct the catcher to go out of the way to make contact batter and get an out every time cause this girl would have been safe regardless, it wasn’t close. I figured if a good attempt was made to get clear out of way, it would be ok but no. Other stuff happened but that’s enough of my story for now if any care to read. I know it’s a long one.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Twas 8 up, 8 down for the Big Three. A thing of beauty. And nobody threw more than 12 pitches.

Speaking of Redbird relievers…when pitching from the pen this year, Packy Naughton has a 0.00 ERA in the majors (6 innings) and 1.84 in Memphis (14.2 IP). So it appears the Cards may actually have a quartet of trustworthy relievers. Make a deal for some solid Oriole or Oakland reliever, and once Jack Flaherty returns this could be a fairly imposing staff — or at least above average.

Baltimore by the way currently has 7 relievers with at least 10 innings and a sub-2.75 ERA. (Okay, Krehbiel is on the DL. But 6 are still healthy.)

We need a reliever, Mo. They got more than they can handle.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

And the lineup saves our bacon.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank you…..thank you very much, Rat. I’m sure there wasn’t one amongst us who didn’t unintentionally extend an inspirational first pump towards the heavens with your wonderful John F. Kennedy quote. After the ballgame, I started reflecting back onto recent occasions where the system here would not accept my post. And no, profane word(s) were not the root cause as I’m well aware of Brian’s stringent and unwavering community ethics standards. I believe the cause has something to do with the length of time it takes to create your post. Last night’s Redbird 5 run uprising inning was quite lengthy, so maybe that caused my post for that inning to be rejected? The last time that the system wouldn’t accept my post occured when I started my post but then stopped for about 20 minutes to field a phone call. Last night’s post blockage was especially brutal because our 5 run comeback was so riveting……and I do believe by PBP accounting of the action just may have been my finest ever……and then to see it just washed away was very frustrating. But the important thing was our Cardinals wondrous come-from-behind victory. And Willie, we loved your story about your daughter’s softball trials and tribulations last night. One thing is evidently clear……you should be the one whom rewrites that league’s rules & regulations handbook, Willie……and it needs to be done asap.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years