2022 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Monday, June 13 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 62 thread – Monday, June 13 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    LHP Zack Thompson vs. RHP Mitch Keller (2-5, 5.26)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On Sunday Matt Carpenter hit two homeruns and a double. He went 3-4 and is now hitting .333 on the year. Yet I am still glad he’s gone. Sounds like he needed a change of scenery. If he wins a world series with the Yankees this year I will be glad for him.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Now we have a four game series with the Pirates at home. Milwaukee has a three game series with the Mets in New York at Shea Stadium this week. We better make some hay these next few days.

r/Esteemed Rat

14NyquisT
    Participant

There is one sentence in Marilyn Greene’s Card notebook today. Conciuse and spot on.

The team cannot continue winning with the pitching in the shape it is in. This is a front office problem. The lack of depth that many saw at the beginning of the season is rearing its ugly head for the second consecutive year.

Will Flaherty’s return be the solution? Apparently the FO is betting on it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Flaherty and/or Matz will help. But I think the FO is also banking on Liberatore being a serviceable option, which may be too much to expect for a rookie. As this year is unlikely to result in a World Series run, I’m ok with that because I think it’ll pay dividends for the coming years, when the team should have a very nice core with Goldy, Arenado, Edman, O’Neill, Carlson, Gorman, Yepez, perhaps Burleson, Walker, Winn, Donovan, Herrera, and Flaherty, Libby, Matz, Hudson, Helsley, Gallegos, Hicks, and perhaps McGreevy or Graceffo as pieces to build around.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I see you didn’t include Bader. Do you know something that we don’t know or was it just an oversight?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel like Bader not be in the long term plans, as he’s got one year til free agency. But it’s possible that he’s the CF the next 4+ years. So perhaps he should be included, especially if I included and older reliever like Gallegos and question marks like Flaherty and Hicks.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Uh……Who thinks Goldschmidt will be part of the core for the “Coming Years?”

He turns 35 in September. If we get another couple of good years out of him that is realistically about all one can expect.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy has two years left on his contract after this one and he should be fine. He is currently the best player on the team. It wouldn’t be surprising to see come kind of drop off but people have been predicting that ever since he got here and it hasn’t happened yet. I am more concerned about Arenado actually. He has five years left on his deal and hasn’t lived up to expectations in my opinion. I am not saying he has been bad but the expectations were very high.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s definitely not an absolute expectation, but some guys age unusually well. Look at Adrian Beltre as an example. I could see Goldy being valuable at 37-38. The question for him now seems to be…can he do enough to become a Hall of Famer? He’s at 53.5 WAR. If he can get 10 more, he could get consideration.

Arenado is at 47.2 and is 4 years younger. You’d think he would have a shot, too.

I would also wonder, if they can win a Series in St Louis and finish their careers there, any chance they could go into the Hall as Cardinals?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pretty much a bad defensive squad

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

The three rookies have really lengthened the lineup.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why are we seeing so much of Knizner? I figured he would catch about 30% of the game so far this year. Seems like he is in the lineup all the time.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Youngest got a softball game late so won’t even bother recording this. Got to get sleep with these hot temperatures.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Seems to be Knizner’s job now and prove it’s his before a longer look at Herrera. Molina also seems in worse shape this year than the last few.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. The crafty 6’2 26 year old righty from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Mitch Keller, who sports uni #23, will be center stage for Pittsburgh’s Pirates this evening.

Edman bounces one out to Chang at 2nd, he’ll scoop it on up and toss it on over to Chavis at 1st base for the out.

Gorman on 2-2 goes the other way and blisters a base hit to left…..101 mph off the bat.

Goldy on 3-2 walks.

Arenado raps it hard on the ground to Castillo at short who nicely backhand flips it to Chang at 2nd for one and the throw to Chavis at 1st will complete the inning ending double play

Cards 0
    Pirates 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Castillo with a solo shot to propel Pittsburgh out to an early 1-0 lead.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2.

O’Neill strikes out swinging.

Donovan on 3-2 goes the opposite way as he laces one on the fly about 10 feet inside the line in left field….Marcano scoots on over to pick it up and his throw to 2nd….. won’t get him on a very close play. Donovan just barely avoided the tag and surprisingly Pittsburgh will not have the replay booth give it a glance or two.

Pez pelts a low line drive off the pitcher Keller and it goes right to Castillo at short who’ll throw Pez out at 1st base while Donovan lands safely over at 3rd base.

Carlson lines a shot….that the 2nd baseman Chang spears for the out.

Pittsburgh 1
    St. Louis 0

bccran
    Participant

Where’s Bader tonight?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3.

Knizner is certainly due as his last one hit in twenty eight attempts will attest to…..and on cue he lines it into center field for a base hit

Edman grounds it right up the middle where Castillo is positioned…..gloves it and steps on the bag for one and his throw to Chavis at 1st will be tardy…..and Chavis looks to be in a bit of physical distress as he’s perched on both knees and looking straight into the dirt right next to the 1st base bag…..he shakes it off and stays in the game.

Gorman flies out routinely to Suwinski in right.

Goldy raps a hard grounder up the middle that Chang dives and smothers but he’ll have to put that one momentarily into his hip pocket…. infield single.

Arenado flies out to Reynolds in deep right center field.

Pittsburgh 1
    St. Louis 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The rookie Thompson looking decent thus far thru 4 complete…..the Castillo solo shot being his only significant blemish. 58 pitches now as this half inning comes to a conclusion.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well apparently bader is 0 for7 vs this pitcher but mainly cause marmol wants him to play in both games tomorrow

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4.

O’Neill pokes a little liner past Chavis at 1st and out into short right field for a hit…. Suwinski sprints quickly in to glove it to hold O’Neill to a single….. Suwinski could have actually taken his time as Tyler slipped rounding 1st base and landed smack dab on his keester….a few audible chuckles can be heard….. possibly from his own dugout, or was that from Chris Rock who is in the house this evening while proudly wearing his Cards cap?

Donovan grounds it out to Chang at 2nd and with O’Neill running on the play, his only viable option will be to 1st base where he elects to save some mileage on his throwing arm and take it to the 1st base bag himself….where he just barely touches the base before Donovan…..he may rethink that option of his the next time.

Pez grounds out to Chang at 2nd with O’Neill scampering on over to 3rd base

Carlson dribbles a slow roller out to Chavis behind 1st and he’ll underhand feed his pitcher at 1st base to retire the side.

Pirates 1
    Cards 0

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.