2022 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Saturday, June 11 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Saturday, June 11 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

O’Neill doubles and Gorman and Arenado score. 4-3 in the last of the 8th now, still batting!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

They’re alive, Dr. Frankenstein!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Washington leads Milwaukee 4-1 in the last of the 3rd in our nation’s capitol.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Is it just me, or did it make really, really good sense for Tommy Edman (7th inning with men on the corners and one out and a 3-1 score) to drop down a safety squeeze? Instant run if the ball is fair, and maybe an infield hit — Tommy is very fast and batting from the left side, infield NOT playing in. Even if Edman is thrown out, it’s a 3-2 game with the tying run moved over to scoring position.

Or are safety squeezes not in the “modern metrics” playbook that Ollie Marmol allegedly adheres to so strictly? I know Tommy can bunt. I have seen him bunt.

I probably wouldn’t do it in the 8th inning, as outs are getting so precious. But the 7th? Different case. And again, this isn’t a pitcher bunting. It’s a very fast player, from the left side of the plate. Sigh.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Unbelievable. I can see why the Reds are in last place.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Holey moley! A walkoff!

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Reds beat themselves yesterday and today.

I don’t think Marmol has ever squeezed. Mo might have told him no?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

That was fun.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

A two out walk-off homerun by Tommy Edman in the last of the 9th! Cards win 5-4! All of this after Molina hit into his 3000th doubleplay to just about kill a rally.

Washington still leading the Brewers 4-1. Milwaukee might lose their 8th in a row. A long ways to go in that one though.

Could we be in 1st place by 1.5 games later today???

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Yepez goes the other way which has been very uncharacteristic for him. Maybe Pujols talked to him about it today? Extends the inning to Tommy for his walk-off. I think that was the only opposite field hit today.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Its a winner! Unlikely but we did it! I’m with you on the safety squeeze and had no problem with O’Niel trying to steal third. Nothing ventured-nothing gained. Don’t know about having Molina hit righty on righty in the 9th either? But what do I know? Go Cardinals. Congrats to Waino too.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Brewers are getting crushed again today, now trailing 8-1. Gotta love it!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

We would be already 1.5 games up if our manager hadn’t lost his mind Tuesday.

VerHagen still blows!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess we could just use Cabrera, Gallegos, and Helsley every single day and see how that works. Eventually someone else in the bullpen has to get some outs.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“I guess we could just use Cabrera, Gallegos, and Helsley every single day and see how that works. Eventually someone else in the bullpen has to get some outs.”

Yup, well said, gscott. Now if only the manager had someone of quality to go to fortify his bullpen. Nothing crazy, nothing special. Just someone who, say, had a major league ERA in the 3’s this year, and also a major league ERA in the 3’s over a full season last year. If only he had someone like that….

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

It’s not just the pitching. The offense has to hit for the team, not for themselves. The pull hitting mentality is killing this team. Goldy and Donavan are the only 2 hitters going the other way. Nothing worse than a one dimensional hitter as far as offense is concerned. You face a good pitcher and it makes it even more difficult.

I look for Oneill to start going the other way now that his timing is back and for him to start hitting some HRs.

bccran
    Participant

Bader removed from game for “lack of effort”.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Maybe that’s what Jake Woodford is being punished for. For the past ten weeks. Effort problem.

I didn’t see the entire game. What did Bader do/not do?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee within a couple of runs. 8-6 Washington in the top of the 9th.

UPDATE: Final now, 8-6 Nationals. Cards up 1.5 games!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ZTR
    Participant

Free

What the hell?

Molina never runs anything out.

Oh well.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I didn’t see it, and Marmol wouldn’t say. But something about not running hard on a flyout that the fielder was chasing, not camped under.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Bader didn’t run hard on a fly ball to center to end the fifth and then walked, with little purpose, to center field for the start of the sixth. “He’s our energy guy,” said Marmol, who apparently didn’t see enough energy on this play.

P-D

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Bader flyout 5th inning
    This video from mlb doesn’t show more than a hint.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Had to record game and watch today. Not much offense til late and the reds helped us a bit but that’s what happens when you don’t prioritize defense. Far as bader thing, that’s bull crap. Molina, pujols, arenado, goldy the other day when he got thrown out running home while turning around and watching the center fielder picking up and throwing the ball to catcher, all players or a situation who dont run out plays. Heck marmol himself not putting helsley back out there for the tenth inning costing us a game. I dont remember him sitting out a game. Just a horrible manager. How about sitting oneil for getting thrown out at third in the game today. He already had something similar happen this year. Maybe talk to the player, not try to embarrass a player if you see an issue. Or treat everyone the same and expect the same of everyone else including himself.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years