2022 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Saturday, June 11 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 60 thread – Saturday, June 11 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright vs. RHP Hunter Greene (3-7, 5.40)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Once again the offense is non-existent. What is wrong that they can’t score runs? The Reds gave them this game with their errors in the 1st.

Better get this figured out in a hurry. Milwaukee is struggling right now and they need to figure out a way to get some offense and get a little bit of a lead on the Brewers.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The brewers aren’t any better than us, not saying a lot but it’s not like we are having to chase the dodgers down. A little hot streak would be nice though

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the mound for the Reds. Which one will we get?

With the righty, I hope they go with Gorman (LH bat) at DH and Donovan (LH bat) at 2B. Edman should be the full-time SS at this point.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) DH
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Brendan Donovan (L) 2B
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Harrison Bader (R) CF

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is the varsity squad I think. With Adm on the mound we should turn the Reds into hamburger.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hunter Greene is more than capable of shutting anybody down. As a result I expect our offense to once again be non-existent today. Wainwright better be on his game or this one will fall into the loss column and we will fall out of 1st place.

I am going to call this one 3-1 Cincinnati. And Milwaukee has lost seven in a row.

Din-din today will be some round steak in the air fryer, a baked potato, Mt. Dew, and a piece of Cookies n’ Cream pie. Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one along with a couple of cigars.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well campers, today is the day, the day our pretty birds awaken and transform themselves into vicious pterodactyls and savage Redlegs on sight, biff, bam, boom. I’m calling it 9-1 with Gorman and Arenado showing particular hunger. The Reds will salvage one run only because Joey Votto will insist on mashing a far too late round-tripper into the bleachers to ruin Waino’s seven scoreless innings, Rah Cardinals!

On the gastronomic front I shall momentarily consume some chicken livers cooked in olive oil with shallots, sage and parsley, then flambe with Armagnac, accompanied with French fries and a salad. After a couple of innings, I’ll return to the kitchen for some strawberries.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks to the Brewers epic losing streak we find ourselves in first place. That is good news but I think most of us know that our roster as currently constructed won’t stand up to the big boys (Dodgers and Mets) in the playoffs. Thankfully our big deadline acquisition is just around the corner. (Flaherty)

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Almost feeling like we’ve backed into first place. Kinda like taking your cousin to the prom. But I’ll take it. If we don’t get rolling again we may not be there long. Personally I’d like to see some team play on offense. Challenge the defense on the basepaths. Challenge the throw to home plate. Move guys over with sacs and bunts. Get things moving. Give Waino some support. Go Cardinals!
    Din-din will be home made huge hamburgers with melted cheese and tomatoes- home made french fries and some baked beans. Yum-yum!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe din-din will be a salami with a couple taters on the side.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, three strike outs in bottom of the first, so much for the top of our order.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

NA pulls one past 3rd for a leadoff double. O’Neill with a K, he has to get the runner over to third there where a fly drives him in. Donovan walked after a 10 pitch AB. Nice job. Carlson fly to left not enough to advance the runner. Yadi flied out, so leadoff double wasted.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Really? If O’Niel had bunted Nado over instead of striking out on a ball we would still be playing and be up by a run.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats what happens when you fuddle—- around abd aren’t agressive on the base paths

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now down 3-0 middle of the third. Waino getting slapped around some. So far 3 singles, two doubles plus a BB and HBP. Pitch count is 52. No really hard contact, but hard enough.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And we go down meekly in the 3rd. I’ll give it one more inning before I find something else to do with a Saturday afternoon. Wainwright hardly had a chance to sit down.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Work schedule has been crazy the last 2 weeks and haven’t had a lot of time to watch, but I just got in from taking care of the yard and ready to watch some baseball finally. I’m sitting down to a 3-0 deficit I see, and more Gorman and O’Neill K’s, but happy to finally be watching again. And the work schedule is back to normal this week so I should be back to watching regularly.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Someone needs to tell Dan and Brad you don’t have to fill every bit of air with talk. It’s like they are just talking to each other.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I specially liked their enlightening conversation about Santa Claus and what they got.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Darn shame we couldn’t have made more of that bases loaded situation.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Another opportunity to score un fruitful.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Verhagen doing what he does best. Got to find some Pitchers. This is what you get shopping at Dollar Tree.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

We just insist on putting in this verhagen guy to give up some runs in a tight game. sigh.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Wittgren next. He gave up on this game early.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years