2022 Cardinals MLB Game 5 thread – Thursday, April 14 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 5 thread – Thursday, April 14 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

4:14 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (0-0, 4.91) vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff (0-1, 17.18)
    BSM // KMOX
    also BSSW+

Update: Based on Wednesday’s rainout, Adam Wainwright will start this game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Just wondering out loud here…….Did I read where our very own Pugs is going to be in attendance for this one?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hope to see Sosa get some playing time. DeJong has hit a couple of balls hard, but has too many holes in his swing for my liking. He does play good D. Just think Sosa has more upside.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You heard correctly, Rat. I have tickets for the entire series, but probably will only be attending the Thursday and Saturday games. My luck when attending Cards games in Milwaukee is almost unbelievable, as our boys seldom lose when I’m in the house. One of the most beautiful homers I ever witnessed in person was a game at Miller Park about 8-10 years ago, when Waino tagged an absolute monster shot to center. It wasn’t the distance, but rather the exit speed off the bat…..purely epic stuff. So since I’ll be in the house tomorrow afternoon, I won’t be on this thread during the game. But…….I should be riding bareback and high in the PBP saddle come Friday.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Depending on who you believe, the Crew is either good or pretty good, and we are playing in their park. This should be a good test of where we stand here in the early going.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We saw how Corbin Burnes pitched last night in Baltimore, after a lackluster performance last week in Chicago. Unfortunately for our Birds, a relatively similar outing from Woodruff can probably be expected today. Runs will be at a premium.

And in the din-din department, we need a few posters here to step up to the plate with some distinction. We don’t have to worry about RatsBuddy, as he’s always consistently dependable with a wide array of din-din delights. But other din-din darlings such as Bling and Cardinal In France, have started the ’22 campaign a bit shaky. Bling has a fair excuse though, as Mrs. Bling has been out of town and thus out of the kitchen. Now that she has returned, I find it unlikely that we’ll be seeing many reports of catfish nuggets over a bed of beets from camp Bling. And the King of din-dins (Cardinal In France) has been mysteriously quiet. And we need others to chip in as well. The only poster I do not think we’d ever hear a din-din revelation out of is Cranny, who has vowed never to participate. I’m so confident that this will hold true, that I would like to extend the following vow…….if Cranny should ever give us a din-din post, I will do one of two things in relatively short order. Either I will streak down the 3rd base line with one out in the top of the 7th inning at a Cards game in Milwaukee, or I will send both Cranny and Stlcard25 a sports memorabilia package that will knock their socks off.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With Pugs in the house for a couple of games it sounds like we can expect at least a split in this series. That means if we can take just one of the “no Pugs” contests the series is ours.

That park is a good one to hit in, so I expect we will see some crooked numbers put up. Time for Goldy to get a couple of bombs in his stats column, and maybe Albert can crank #681. I might be wrong on this, but if Albert connects for 21 this year (highly unlikely), I think it puts him in a tie with Stan for the franchise leadership, or right around there.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Beautiful sunny day here in the greater Milwaukee area today. Temps should be riding near 50 degrees, but boy are the winds a howling. The roof will most likely be shuttered tight because of these raging winds. If left open to the elements, today’s game might make last night’s Memphis-Charlotte game look like one of those Gibson-Jenkins pitching duels from the sweet 70’s. Din-din for me is my patented ballpark barrage consisting of two dogs with sauerkraut, onions and yellow mustard, waffle fries, large pretzel and large coke.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din today is a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some Bush’s baked beans, the last piece of cookies n’cream pie, and a bowl of french vanilla ice cream. All whilst I watch the 1950s sci-fi thrilled “It! The Terror From Beyond Space” on my DVD player.

50 degrees in Milwaukee? Good thing they have a roof.

And I agree, it’s time Sosa got into a ballgame. It’s obvious DeJong is going to be given every opportunity to win or lose the starting SS job. I assume Memorial Day might be the time where it will be re-evaluated.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Alas, Pugs, I fear I have nothing to offer on the din-din front tonight. Spent the day at the hospital with Madame CiF who had an eye operation, then returned home where we merely warmed up some leftovers – Leftover guinea hen pot pie, as it turns out, a leftover of a leftover. Yoicks!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

And I’m still kinda liking this lineup. It’s the pitching that can tighten a tiny knot in the stomach. But as they say, it’s early yet.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just got notification from the wife that in order to maintain sanity she had to take 2 1/2 yr old and 6th month old for a drive to get them to sleep. I will likely pick up a pizza or something when the end of the work day comes round about 5:30 so the missus doesn’t have to cook and minimize dishes.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mlb trade rumors reported Cards discussing multi-year agreement with O’Neil but doesn’t list a source. That would be nice

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Just heard the 4:14 start time is because Milwaukee is celebrating an anniversary today on their home opener and the Milwaukee area code is 414, the date is 4-14, and they are starting the game at 4:14

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Hope we win 4-14. In honor of Cranny, I will take some fresh cranberries, mash them with my feet, ferment the mash for a week, distill it into low-alcohol wine, and mail it to his investment management office.

For myself, I don’t do weird fruit, so I think it will be an avocado, tomatoe, mozzarella, toasted pignoli, and sesame seed salad, with a bit of sesame oil.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill extension…
    3/24mil or 4/40mil seems like an appropriate base offer. These extensions following a career season can get expensive.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Alright now boys!!! Let’s get a little energy going now.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Where is Front Row Amy?????

I bet she’s with Pugs!!!!!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I’m liking the lineup too. Got some new players this year too. Good to the offense going early. Not many lefty hitters though but its been that way for quite a while. Not sure about our pitching yet. Starters haven’t been going very far and middle relief hasn’t really set me at ease. Slow trickle of giving up runs isn’t gonna do it? Guess I’m making shrimp alfredo or scampi tonight for din-din, Go Cardinals!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Man, we had to get something out of that. Just can’t strand three with this guy.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Redbirds trail 4-0 after five innings. Need to get something going. Woodruff pitching well today.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stole that base on us pretty easy. Hate to see that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And it leads to a run on that can of corn.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well haven’t got to watch but we didn’t show up offensively or pitching wise . Kind of disappointed with waino there. They havent really been scoring many runs lately so was expecting better out of him. Still got time for offense to pick it up but not looking good now

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.