2022 Cardinals MLB Game 54 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 54 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 2)

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

A win is a win. We’ve won two of these games. If we happen to win tomorrow night it will be gravy.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa owes Donovan a steak dinner for saving the day.

We need to win tomorrow night to win the series.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah we had to win that one twice. Was starting to think “Murphys Law” was in effect- If somethings going to go wrong it will happen at the worst possible moment. Can’t single out one guy its team sports. You either win together or lose together
    Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Well had to record game but finally got to watch it, some observations. Pallante was ok but I’m not sure he’s a starter. They left verhagen in too long. He did good first inning, should have been satisfied with that. Sosa missing the bag is something that can’t happen at this level. Donovan was awesome. I’m wondering if goldy is going to go into a funk here now. Unfortunately that is what tends to happen, things tend to even out. Nice to see when the mistake by Sosa was made, our guys responded in the 10th. That pitcher was kind of weak but you still have to take advantage of it. Nooty misplayed a ball there in right, not hitting well at all, he should be heading back to the minors when other guys come back up. Hopefully yadi is ok, seemed to have same issue Dickerson had. I hope not too many games are on fox, those announcers are horrible. Have looked a little ragged against the cubs but what else is new. we win tomorrow and it will be a decent trip to Chicago though the only real good outcome would be giving the no good bums a thrashing every game but I’m not sure we have that kind of passion against the cubs anymore.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lot of hard contact vs Pallante, especially from RHB’s. DP’s salvaged his outing. So far he’s having a reverse splits season.

Donovan is as important to this club right now as Edman. When Carlson and O’Neil need a roster spot, look elsewhere.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was thinking the same thing … who moves out when O’Neal and Carlson return? Noot and who else? Donovan, Gorman and Yepez are all contributing.

How much longer do they stick with McFarland?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The doubleheader yesterday left me believing Marmol and Sosa couldn’t be more bought in.
    Marmol just went off and I loved it.
    Sosa was wearing his mistake in agony until he could see the relief of us winning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice post, JJ. Luckily for Sosa his misstep……..or should I say “no-steppy on third basee” didn’t cost us the ballgame. I was mad for about 30 seconds, but then I quickly forgave Sosa. Sosa didn’t start cussing and tossing his hat into the dirt. The look on Sosa’s face said a thousand “I’m so very very sorry’s” that you couldn’t help but feel horrible for him. I knew nothing whatsoever about Sosa’s personality prior to that base running gaffe. But now it’s as plain as that Wrigley Field 3rd base protruding out of the ground, just waiting to be touched, that Edmundo Sosa is a real decent man.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We can assume Sosa is in favor of the larger bases they are talking about.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good one Blingster!

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.