2022 Cardinals MLB Game 48 thread – Monday, May 30 vs. Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 48 thread – Monday, May 30 vs. Padres

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    TBA vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Leading candidate appears to be RHP Packy Naughton (0-1, 2.89)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I believe it’s the righthander Nick Martinez that will be on the hill for the Padres.

And Manny Machado has not played the last two games for San Diego. I wonder what’s up with that?

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Elbow. He is should be back tomorrow

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Machado has a case of tennis elbow.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope Arenado finally gets going and starts to contribute like we all hoped when we traded for him. Imagine how much better we would be if both Goldy and Arenado were hitting the ball well.

I am going to call this one 6-4 Cards today. I’ll be lucky to catch the 1st pitch because I have to get the push mower out and do some trimming and then get the trimmer thing out and do some weedeating. Then got to pick up some sticks and then take the rake and get some grass seed planted down by the highway where they removed my gas meter last fall.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Brendan Donovan (L) RF
    9. Harrison Bader (R) CF

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hmmm. Just finished a nice plate of scampi grilled with parmesan and lemon on a bed of brown rice, and a crisp salad. After a couple of innings I’ll slip into the kitchen for a bowl of Haagen Dasz vanilla ice cream covered with strawberries.

Well, the offense had a quiet day off Sunday. Perhaps they’ll be ready to go to work today. Rah Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman hit one off the wall and thrown out going into second. Good defensive play. I couldn’t tell if he dawdled at the plate admiring the drive, but I don’t think so.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Mr. Packy is lookin’ good so far.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy looking good through 2 but it won’t be a deep start. We need somebody to go more than 5. A couple somebodies.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

din-din will be scallops in garlic butter brought home from a restaurant last night. Corn on the cob and ceasar salad.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

In all the commentary I’ve missed why it is that Naughton can only go one time through the lineup. Any help for me?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He wasn’t a starter in Memphis. middle relief type work, a couple innings.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy went 2.1 IP. Pallante allowed the inherited runner to score but that was all.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

I’m limited to listening on the radio today. Ricky gave all the credit to the defense regarding the throw out of Gorman. Ricky is always drunk on the Kool-Aid so if there was any dawdling at the plate it could easily be ignored.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I missed all 3 of our runs. Honey-do list.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pads with a Pitch-com malfunction delay. Pitcher had to switch out his in cap unit.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sacks jammed no outs, Goldy popped out and NA GIDP. Thats a middle of the order fail.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If you’re the St. Louis Cardinals, you couldn’t ask for a much better situation; 5th inning…..leading 3-1……bases totally juiced….. nobody out…….with Goldy coming to bat…… followed by Arenado……then Pez. But one major problem ensued; Pez never got to hit, compliments of a Goldy infield pop-up and a twin killing. Anytime you have the bases loaded to the gills with nobody out, anything less than 2 runs has to be considered as a wasted opportunity.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards with a delay for a double pitch-com swap out. Bat boy had to run out units for pitcher and catcher. Then they had to make sure they were set to the right language. More tech to go over the side.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can imagine what the geezers of the time thought about the first bull pen phones. Probably “over the side with it”.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Cronenworth one out double (blooped the other(left field) way) has San Diego thinking seriously about scoring a run or two here in the 6th inning. But Neil Pallante whiffs Kim and then gets yanked……very nice effort today by Neil. It’s Giovanny Gallegos getting the call in an inning(6th) that he’s pretty unfamiliar with. Let’s pick up the action shall we?

Nola pokes a soft liner into left and that will easily score Cronenworth…….3-2 Birds.

Grisham …..oh no! That’s not the Wave our fans are doing is it? I thought that went out of style at about the time the movie “A League of Their Own” was released. Grisham pops out to Arenado at 3rd, but boy it was a bit of an unsettling adventure as the sun was giving the Cardinal 3rd baseman fits.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pallente went 3.1 IP. Gallegos allowed the inherited runner to score. One of the announcers wondered if they might try stretching Pallante out.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its only a matter of time before somebody hacks those pitch com things.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi impersonator: “Meatbal right down broadway”.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.