2022 Cardinals MLB Game 44 thread – Thursday, May 26 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 44 thread – Thursday, May 26 vs. Brewers

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards trail 4-2 after five innings. Wainwright is done, almost 100 pitches.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The brewers have really got a solid pitching staff. We are going to have to work better at bats if we want to win or even split this series.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Somebodys going to have to get a hit eventually. Glad they only have 4 runs since they have 10 hits so far.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy dinger!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Starting to see some bad tendencies with yepez. Trying to pull everything. Everything in the air. They are giving him the whole right side. If they are pitching you away and leaving the whole right side open, go that way.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie The same problem Carp had- couldn’t hit it to left field even if it was empty. A good hitter should be able to place it enough to move somebody over. That was with bases empty though. Nados been hot or cold lately at the plate. Goldys been hot. Sometimes Edman too.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

The savior is 0 for his last 6 with 5 K

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman may not be ready for prime time. Can’t lay off or catch up to high heat. Certain pitchers he may work against but not those that can throw hard and can hit the top of the zone.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman was never going to save this team offensively. He’s struggled initially at every stop above rookie ball, so this is not even remotely a surprise. It was predicted by everyone who knew even a smidge about his game.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lotta hoopla about Gorman coming along. Gonna take time just like everybodyelse. KO on 4 pitches. 3 on the edges of the zone. All 4 the same pitch 90mph fastballs. Better learn how to hit one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I thought Hader was supposed to be gone on leave. Are they sure this is him and not some clone?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a moment where yepez all or nothing approach could work

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that’s the ballgame. At least it was competitive.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep not a blowout but not a cigar.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Already see a series split or losing 3-4. Which is sad!

Gorman, Yepez and Donovan are all rookies with limitations. Gorman especially has alarming K rates in the Minors. Yepez has power but is limited position wise and Donovan is showing some versatility. I’d bet on Yepez and Donovan sticking before Gorman. Maybe adjustments will be made.

One observation. Palante went 3 innings. Only 44 pitches but we this a signal or did we just burn him the next 2-3 days.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gorman fact check:

His current line with St. Louis is .263/.364/.386/.732 for an OPS+ of 115. Seven strikeouts in six games.

Only his power has yet to show. Only those who came in with unrealistic expectations are concerned.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank you for that, Brian. He’s actually performing far better than I thought he would when called up. If he had that line at the end of the season, I’d be thrilled and expect huge things from him in 2023.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Test. I have been having computer problems this morning.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman’s line vs. teams with a winning record (almost half his PAs): .000 .100 .000 .100

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman’s line vs. teams with a winning record (almost half his PAs): .000 .100 .000 .100

Is this a stat that you find meaningful at this point? That’s a serious question.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Parsing six games worth of data? He can be a superstar or a bust. Choose your favorite split.

I like the 4-2 record of the team when he plays.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since Brian thought Gorman’s line was meaningful at this point (see above), I thought Gorman’s line vs. winning teams would also be meaningful. I guess not.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Gorman played right into the Brewers’ hands. They know how to pitch power hitting rookies who like the ball up.

Pujols can still get to the high fast ball better than anyone, past or present that I can think of.

I agree, Yepez was doing so well too. I think they were feeling desperate because the manufacturing wasn’t working anymore and everyone started cheating for the HR. Even Goldy was caught looking with 2 strikes. They weren’t able to steal bases and get guys into scoring position and when they did the pitching prevented them from scoring. It was a good game when you consider what is at stake.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years