2022 Cardinals MLB Game 44 thread – Thursday, May 26 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 44 thread – Thursday, May 26 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (5-3, 2.87) vs. LHP Eric Lauer (4-1, 2.16)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Brewers down the Padres again on Wednesday afternoon at San Diego by the score of 2-1. The Brewers went into San Diego and won two of three. Remember folks, the 2nd to last week of the season, in late September, we have six games out west. Three at San Diego and then three at Los Angeles against the Dodgers. I’ll take 2-4 on that six game trip right now and be happy.

But remember, with the way the cancelled games and season played out, we finish with six straight games against the Pirates. Three at home and then three at Pittsburgh. Way too early but my gut feeling is that we will need to go 5-1 in those six games.

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Early season ‘moment of truth’ series for the Cards.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, this weekend should be telling.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the lefty on the mound, I am curious what the lineup will look like. Pujols will be in there at DH, but with no O’Neill or Carlson, our outfield is now strangely LH-centric in Dickerson, Nootbaar, and Donovan. I bet they go Sosa/Edman in the middle with Nootbaar in RF and Yepez in LF. Sort of a bummer to have Donovan and Gorman on the bench, but it’s difficult to put Donovan in the outfield with Yepez, as Pujols has to play vs. the LH starter.

For the RH pitchers, we could go a number of directions – bench Sosa for Gorman, Donovan in RF/LF, Dickerson, Nootbaar

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

We need our best players on the field to play the Brewers, especially with Carlson & O’Neill out. We’ll see what MO’s calculus says about this when we see the starting lineup.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

There’s a big pile of green stuff down around the Springfield area as I type this. Not sure when it will arrive or if it will arrive in the St. Louis area. Might be fortunate to get this game in tonight. And we might see a delay or two as well.

Din-din today is a couple of center cut rib chops in the air fryer, some bread & butter, Mt. Dew, and a bowl of chocolate ice cream. The Cubs and Reds are playing this afternoon at Crosley Field so I will probably tune in to that game. Rain here in SW Indiana so I won’t be able to mow until tomorrow at the earliest. And rain is forecast for tomorrow too.

On a good note, it looks like the weather is going to cooperate for the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday!

r/Esteemed Rat

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Don’t forget about the Blues

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s been cloudy all day. Not white fluffy ones. Gray. Sprinkles now and then.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

With the lefty on the mound, I am curious what the lineup will look like. 

I suspect Edman, Goldschmidt, arenado, Pujols, Yepez, Bader, Dickerson, Knizner, Sosa.
    If Molina is activated then I’d expect him probably 6th and everyone moved down since that’s what they like to do for whatever reason. But we’ll see shortly.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Yadier Molina (R) C
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Brendan Donovan (L) RF

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I was pretty darn close.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Hicks to the IL with a forearm strain too.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

According to what the Doppler Radar shows this game will be lucky if it’s played. And very lucky if there are no delays.

What is up with Hicks?

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Forearm. He has the same thing O’Neill has lol

Seriously though, we now know it doesn’t matter rest wise if he pitches every 5th day or if he pitches more often in the bull pen.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Hicks IL
    Fernandez and Herrera to AAA
    Molina, obviously, reinstated
    Whitney and Woodford recalled

Woodford going to start in Hicks place?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford going to start in Hicks place?

There is no obvious alternative.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t be so sure, Woodford isn’t stretched out like Rondon. We will get an idea of Woodfords role if they use him from the pen. If we get a rain out doubleheader this series it really gets mangled up.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at the out-of-town scoreboard today. The Reds squeaked by the Cubs today at Riverfront Stadium by the score of 20-5.

And the Matt Carpenter-led New York Yankees are scoreless in the 1st at Tropicana Field against Tampa Bay.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just saw that about Carp- had to chuckle. Good luck to him. I guess you never know. Voight did ok with them.
    Din-din tonight was garlic chicken w/ potatoes, cauliflower and green beans. A premade birds eye type frozen meal and it was really good. Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m late tuning in, glad to see we are only behind by 1. My wife’s on a trip so din-din is Chinese. Door Dash should be here any minute.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Funny hearing Danny talk to highly of McCutchen and I know a few people who would say the opposite. One worked in a capacity for the Phillies in 2020 and said he was a complete turd to the staff (clubbies, cooks, other staff). Said Arrieta was one of the most respectful people to all of them and the one that always got me was that Harper was always very polite to the staff.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I’m in late too, parents in town and went and had dinner with them. Home to watch the rest now though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Albert couldn’t come through there. Still drove up pitch count though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well waino gives up another run. He just isn’t on tonight. Cardinals going to have to break out the hitting sticks. Sooner rather than later too, hader is primed.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years