2022 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/10 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 3 thread – Sun 4/10 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    LHP Steven Matz (14-8, 2.82 in 2021) vs. RHP Bryse Wilson (3-7, 5.25 in 2021)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also Bally Sports Southeast and Southwest Plus

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I assume Pujols will once again be on the bench with a righthander going in this one? Plus it looks like another righthander in the Monday afternoon game as well. Wonder when we will see Albert in the batters box again?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Let’s go now boys. Energy now boys. Let’s see what the lefty FA has now boys.

Dickerson again at DH or give Nooty a start?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you may see nootbar get a dh chance or a start though I’m not big on lots of lineup changes when you are Winning. Though I would prefer pujols. Personally I think Dickerson would be better for situational pinch hitting.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need a win here or risk looking up at Chicago’s cubbies in the standings come Monday morning. But that’s not going to happen, as both our Birds and Milwaukee should come away with victories today. What’s on tap for din-din today you may ask? How does breakfast for dinner grab you? Three medium poached eggs over two pieces of white toast(melted butter on top), crisp bacon, hash browns with onions, French toast and coffee.

Rat with a perfect(6-2 Cards) prediction before yesterday’s action. I’ll try to duplicate Rat’s marvelous feat by calling it 7-5 Birds today, with Dylan Carlson finding the cheap seats with a towering 2-run blow. Cannot wait until Thursday afternoon when our boys come here to America’s Dairyland to commence a crucial 4 game series.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Corey Dickerson (L) DH
    6. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Tommy Edman (S) 2B

fyi, when I post lineups it is from baseballpress.com
    No idea what their source is.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I’m fine with that lineup. Need to get the DH spot producing a little more though.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry not having called the action on any games yet this year, gang. But not to fret, they are a coming. I angrily cancelled my mlb-tv subscription when it looked as if we were facing an abbreviated regular season. I tried reordering last week, but somehow am still not getting the games. The wifey correctly handles all of these matters and she returns from Canada this coming Wednesday, so she’ll get me back in the PBP saddle lickity-split upon her return.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, it’s a good thing the Redbirds are heading to Milwaukee next weekend as the weather is going to cool off here in the midwest. Highs late next week around 50.

And my din-din today is going to be meatloaf which is in the oven now. Along with some DelMonte sliced potatoes and green beans. Then going to have a piece of cookies n’Cream pie and a bowl of Country Vanilla ice cream for dessert. Whitey Herdog will once again be on the couch, forging her way towards the vittles in eager anticipation. Then after dessert a 7×50 Palma Real cigar. And after that 7-5 St. Louis victory it will be time to watch the Masters, the back nine from Augusta, along with another 7×50 Palma Real cigar.

All in all, it will be quite the day. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the fact that late tonight it will be an episode of Barnaby Jones and another, yes, another 7×50 Palma Real cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re truly living the dream, Rat!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am going with a ham and turkey club on toasted cheese and jalapeno bread with salt and pepper krinkle chips and organic green grapes. All washed down with a tall glass of diet mountain dew.

I think we will have a nailbiter at Busch today with the Cards pulling out a 5-4 victory. Look for Corey Dickerson to be the hero.

Later tonight I hope to knock out a few episodes of MASH.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Matz is a big dude. Fastball hitting 96? Promising.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Let’s go Paulie. Need this dude to start hitting.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just finished a lovely roasted guinea hen with baked potatoes and grilled tomatoes, ending with some rice pudding, just in time to watch that terrific first inning, 3-0 after one. ! Rah Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neil with a great hustle play. Like seeing that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matz getting into a little trouble here, bases loaded, one out

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Oops!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll have leftover catfish nuggets from the church fish fry last Friday.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking at matz for my first time. He seems ok but he doesn’t have like amazing stuff. So if he isn’t hitting his spots and varying his pitches, he’s going to get hit. I’m not sure if he’s a number 3 starter myself but it is one game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t see the first two innings, but he doesn’t look good now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

OK, Matz stopped the bleeding with a nice K, now our offense needs to man up. Crooked numbers.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The cows are coming home. You can get him out now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6-3 in the fourth with Woodford coming in, hopefully not with a bucket of gasoline.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow. Less than encouraged by Matz today. The wheels came off very, very quickly.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well it was time for matz to go. Just not getting the ball down enough. I would have pulled him after leadoff hit. Hopefully Woodford can spin some magic here and not let them get any more but in a bad spot here.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years