2022 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, May 4 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, May 4 at Royals

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

When opportunity knocks,,,

will Arenado knock … again?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

He does!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The crafty young Cuban, Bolanos, inherits a very troubling situation with the bases crammed with Cards and Arenado looking him smack dab in the eye.

Arenado drills a base hit to right center!….in come Paulie with Edman now nipping at his heels….7-0…..Goldy made his way around to 3rd on the play and boy did Arenado smoke that liner to right.

Albert pops out to Lopez at short and both runners will have to stay put.

Carlson taps a slow roller right back to Bolanos and he’ll underhand his throw over to O’Hearn at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 7
    KC 0

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, can’t say Waino didn’t get run support today.

1982 willie
    Participant

It’s amazing the runs we have with so few base hits. But we will take them while we can

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

One, two, three,

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7

O’Hearn grounds one down to Goldy behind the 1st base bag and he’ll feed his pitcher with perfection for the out.

Merrifield raps a ground ball down the line at 3rd and Arenado is right there for it and he’ll fire it across the diamond to Goldy for the out

Witt Jr. grounds out to Edman at 2nd and I don’t think Harrison Bader has even totally made his way out to take his position in center field just yet….what a quick inning. Waino went into the inning with 83 pitches under his belt and exited the 7th with only a total of 90.

Cards 7
    KC 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader & Yadi with singles here in the top of the 8th has the Cards looking to inflict further misery upon the Royals with just one out. Let’s stay with the action shall we? Bolanos, the crafty Cuban, still pitching for KC.

PDJ lofts a fly out to straightaway left field, but with Bader at 3rd, Benintendi won’t even contemplate a throw home….8-0 Birds.

Edman – on 3-2 Tommy walks for the third time today.

Goldy – on 3-2 Goldy walks….and this affair is turning into a walk-a-thon…..gotta love that. Bases now bubbling over with Birds with 2 down.

Donovan grounds out to Lopez at short.

Cards 8
    Royals 0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Another 0-4 for Pujols.

Anybody else see the writing on the wall?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Ten. That’s a nice round number. Like it. Goes well with zero. Another nice round number. Rah Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very nice seeing the GG(that’s “Grey Ghost” to the layman) popping in on a rare but welcome appearance on a game thread.

And our newest esteemed poster, stlducks, with just one post today……you can do better than that, stlducks!

Last, but certainly not least, Osuagec was in attendance at this game in KC today…… hitchhiking all the way from central Oklahoma, just to see his beloved Redbirds throttle the Royals. I think the experience will be worth it for you, Osuagec…… except for that lonely hike home. Who knows? With a little bit of luck, maybe Rat’s hot Amish waitress will be cruising on by your stadium there in KC, on her way to visit her dear aunt in Tuccumcarri, New Mexico and she’ll see your Cardinal hat on and your right thumb out and pull right on over. Stranger things have happened…..I think.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

With Tommy Edman’s 3 walks today his OBP is up to .419.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman’s BB% this season is now at 13.8%
    Matt Carpenters career BB% is 13.4%

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman is doing something I didn’t think would be possible for him to do. If he can maintain it, that’s a heck of a feat. Well done to Tommy and all his biggest fans.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank you……thank you very much, stlcard25. I’m Tommy E.’s biggest fan. And I do believe that GameCard just may rank #2. Now we just need 7 more just like him and we’ll win 105+ games a year for the remainder of the Roaring 20’s.

osuagec
    Participant

Free

I guess I need to try to figure out a way to go to more games. 😂

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey, wait just a minute. I’ve been Tommy Edman’s biggest fan from the very beginning, way back when this forum was thick with doubters. You may need to reorder your fan rankings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Edman’s official Top 5 fan list:

1. Pugs
    2. GameCard
    3. Cardinal In France
    4. stlcard25
    5. (Tie) Wooster & The Hammer

858booyah
    Participant

Free

What writing Rats?

He’s now being used as he should be. The OPS was .769 heading into the day. He wasn’t going to Hit 20 homers and OPS .850. He should only PH and start against lefties. That is it! We’ll be lucky if that OPS is around .720 and he hit double figures in homers.

Believe me! Team has bigger issues than Albert Pujols.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols will be ok if used properly but sometimes Marmol gets a little greedy and throws him out there against RH pitchers which is not good. Of course Dickerson hasn’t done much either so our DH production against RH pitching is a problem.

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.