2022 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Wednesday, April 27 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 17 thread – Wednesday, April 27 vs. Mets

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Cards667
    Participant

Free

Why is everyone ready to run Gio out? The guy has been one of the best relievers in baseball the last 3 years and had 1 “bad” outing enhanced by a fielding error and his own mental lapse and people want to replace him? 2003 Gagne on May 12 went 1/3ip, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 runs. In 2007 Mariano Rivera had back to back outing on April 15 with 2/3 ip, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 R then April 12 with 2/3 ip, 3 H, 2 R. And then April 27 with 1/3 ip, 3 H, BB, 4 runs. And a 2.23 ERA after April 27.
    I really like Helsley and have believed in him. But they have to have set up and versatility that Helsley can bring. I think Gio will be just fine and Helsley has a chance to be a really good setup with Whitley. I’m way more worried why Brooks is there and if Wittgren and Cabrera will have enough command to be as effective as they can be.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallegos will be fine, I’m just not sure he is our 9th inning guy. Or at least we use different guys. I don’t think using the same guy all the time is for the best if you have others that can step up. A great day far as bounce back. So close to taking two out of three. Hopefully we can carry this momentum forward. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on dejong but Sosa probably should see more playing time at short..while matz Definitely struggled, I like how he battles and kept the game in check. At least we didn’t have to go to bullpen earlier. The umpires didn’t do a good job at all, their pitcher should have got tossed though to be honest I didn’t think it was that close. I understand these guys are all throwing super hard but these players need to man up a bit. Overall I thought the cardinal players had reacted pretty good til arenado. The Mets they all are cry babies. Especially that big guy. Kind of sucks to be that big but be that whiney. Just wasted, God should have given me that size.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Just watching replay as was working during game. How Lopez can buzz a guys head and stay in game and the Cardinals lose two guys. Lopez is a d-bag and should have watched the end of the game in the shower.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I love Gio and he’s been awesome but he’s never shown the stuff Helsley is showing this year.

Helsley is untouchable right now.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Four doubles and a triple, power returning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m surprised there wasn’t more chat here on yesterday’s little skirmish. I have just one thing to say about it. If I were thrown in a cage and was forced to fight one New York Met, any New York Met, but me and only me had to pick him. I would not bat an eye in pointing at Pete Alonso to hop in that ring with me. I really dislike saying bad things about people. Both my mother and grandmother never said one bad thing about anyone…..at least not in front of we kids. But I’m breaking rank here…..Pete Alonso is a true blue putz.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stubby Clapp’s body slam of Alonso reminded me of something from the WWF in the 1980’s.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure does, Scotty. Trying to think here of MLB players who have been embarrassed on the real field of battle. Ryan vs Ventura springs forth first. Back around the turn of the century, a fireballing cubs reliever, who’s name eludes me, opened up a serious can of whoop-arse on a Reds player. There have been others.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cabrera accepted his suspension since he probably wasn’t going to pitch tonight, anyway. Arenado is appealing so he can keep playing in the interim. He is probably hoping it is cut to one game.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Only the MLB is to stupid not to give a head hunting idiot pitcher any kind of suspension just giving the green light for pitchers to intentionally throw at hitters heads how stupid can they be!

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years