2022 Cardinals MLB Game 161 thread – Tuesday, October 4 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 161 thread – Tuesday, October 4 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Today’s game thread baseball trivia questions come with a bonus of a fun fact that unfortunately was never allowed to indeed become a fact…

1. Who is the only Big League player to ever lead his league in BA in both his rookie and sophomore year? Hint; I’m dead certian that James Bond preferred his martinis to be shaken, but not sure about whether he liked an extra olive…

2. The power duo of Aaron/Mathews hold the all-time Big League record for HR’s hit as teammates with a total of 863. Who are the two power duos that place 2nd and 3rd in that category? No hint on this one as it should be relatively easy.

Bonus fun fact…Don’t know exactly why I thought to look it up and take a tally, but if fate had not interceded and Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina would have remained Cardinal teammmates, that future HOF duo would now hold the record in the aforementioned category of power duo with a total of 879 HR’s…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

DeJong with a hit. Save that baseball!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I will go with Pedro “Tony” Oliva on number one, and hmmm, Mays & McCovey on 2.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Pujols does it again. Seems like every hit he gets ties the game or puts us in front.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

OK guys, don’t stop now.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

And the rain keeps falling – 6-3 and counting. It’s getting close to 2 a.m. and ol’ CiF is heading for the feathers.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Come on Oli, wake up already. Just stow away Hudson until 2023. Oli’s got the birds flying high as a lead balloon, primed and pumped for playoff action. Almost choosing to be embarrassed by Pittsburgh 2 days before launch is probably not the best approach.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Would Ruth/Gehrig be one of the duos?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…WINNER! Tony Oliva won the AL batting title in both his rookie and sophomore seasons in ’64 and ’65. Oliva is also the only Big League player to lead his league in hits in his first three seasons. Mays/McCovey is also correct. That HOF power duo tatered-up a total of 814 times as teammates to place 3rd in that category. Nice work! I would have thought that the duo that places 2nd in that category would be the easiest to guess. Care to venture one?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

forsch31…WINNER! The iconic Yankee power duo consisting of Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig place second on the all-time list of total HR’s hit as teammates with 859 HR’s. Them’s lots a taters..

1982 willie
    Participant

Judge finally hit 62.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good grief, I come home from din din and we’re getting our head handed to us. Maybe Hudson could go back down and learn to hit.

Went to a fancy Chinese place and had to use chopsticks. You can imagine how that went, but the chow was pretty good.

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t know. I know these games don’t mean anything but if we stay this down and lose in the wild card series, going to be lots of questions. We just aren’t very sharp at all.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Yeah, these games are mundane and don’t mean anything, but there comes a point where you don’t want to be embarrassed.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like a couple guys are pitching their way off the postseason roster now. It would be nice to have any momentum at all entering the playoffs, but it doesn’t appear that will be the case.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Paul Dejong is on fire…must have been reading all the comments last night. Heck, he’s over .160 now. On the KMOX broadcast they were talking about Eddie Rosario as a “you never know what can happen” thing.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This inning would be a good time for our MVP hopeful to pad his stats a bit.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, tie ball game. I hope that the bats stay alive, although there isn’t much left on the bench at this time.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Still 7-7 as we head to the top of the 8th.

I bet Aaron Judge feels like the weight of the world is off his shoulders now. Cranking #62 on the last day of the season. It’s like….”WHEWWWW!”

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley exits the game with a blister…that’s not good timing at all.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I was debating on Ruth/Gehrig as well on the homers, but only wanted to submit one guess.

Tony Oliva was a terrific hitter, and would have been better but had bad knees. Another 1964 rookie, Rico Carty, was similar. Great hitter – bad knees.

‘64 was a banner year for rookies. You had those two, plus Tony Conigliaro, Richie Allen, Phil Niekro, and our own Mike Shannon. Probably forgetting a few as well.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Meanwhile Stratton is trying to give this one to his old club. He has been a disappointment for us, although maybe not a lot was expected.

Another guy that lacks command.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Newman pinch hitting. The kind of guy you hate to face in this situation. Will likely make contact.

Popped up – DeJong almost misplays it! But catches it for the third out.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Popped up – DeJong almost misplays it! But catches it for the third out.

You really need a sense of humor while watching these last couple games. However, what makes me laugh tonight will make me cry or scream Friday. Just further reinforces for the playoffs that Yepez shouldn’t play in the field and DeJong shouldn’t play. Sure, let Yepez bat though, he just got the go-ahead RBI.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, a win is a win. I will be in attendance tomorrow, so hopefully the Cards can get win #94. I think I read that they’ve never finished with 94 wins before.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.