2021 Cardinals MLB Game 97 thread – Thursday, July 22 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 97 thread – Thursday, July 22 vs. Cubs

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a well played game. We are really a Jekyll and Hyde bunch. Hopefully, Kim will be back next season.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hat-tip to Carlson with 3 extra base hits.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well it was a great night at the ballpark. Biggest crowd of season so far and I was part of that.carlson and arenado had good games, especially Carlson. Kk pitched pretty good and relief was great. Bader not so great at plate but he had an unbelievable catch and even oneil has a pretty good one. Can’t wait to come back on two weeks.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Boom. Over .500.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad you had a ball at the ole’ ballpark, Willie. Stay safe….Chicago fans….kind of an amusing little tidbit. Over the years, I’ve been to many Packer-Bear games. In both GB and Chicago. Anyway, I’ve seen many fights between Packer and Bear fans. Amazingly, only once did I see a Bear fan get the better of a Packer fan. I have no idea why Packer fans are clearly better fighters? It just doesn’t make sense. Once outside Soldier Field, I came upon this lady Packer fan who had this Bear fan in a headlock and begging for freedom. The guy was a pretty big lug too. I arrived after it initially started, but the guy next to me said that the Bear dude had taken a swing at the lady and just clipped her chin. He said she immediately slammed the guy to the concrete. So Willie…..if you see any Packer apparel on your way to your car, be on your best behavior.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No such problems tonight. Though there was some cub fans right in front of us but they had kids so I couldn’t really diss then much though I think raising kids to be cub fans is parental abuse but oh well. They were typical cub people though. They kept taking other people’s seats I guess cause they felt they were entitled to more room than their tickets allowed. People would come to their seats and have to ask them to move. I mean really. Overall a great night. They did a cool thing in the 7th inning stretch. They had a old video of jack buck singing take me out to the ballgame wearing a cubs hat and doing an improv of Harry Cary. It was great, I thought the world of jack buck, he was true cardinal red.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I see this morning we went for the eke again sted of the big stick. But a win is a win. Keeps us on the good side of .500. Hats off to Carlson. Nice to see him breathing again.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have been to Wrigley many times, although not in recent years. Wore Cardinal red. Rode the red line train packed with Cubs fans. Hung out in the watering holes around Wrigleyville. Never had a bit of trouble. Never observed any trouble between fellow Cards fans and the locals. We did walk into a brawl in progress coming out of the Briar Street Theater about a mile down Clark Street from Wrigley but it had nothing to do with baseball.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You have to consider yourself lucky to win when you only get 5 hits. They gave us 5 walks to go along with the 5 hits, but none figured in the scoring. But we only gave them 3 hits and 3 walks, one of which scored.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We dont play the Cubs again until September. They might very well be a different looking team by that time.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently TJ McFarland has zoomed past Andrew Miller on the depth chart. I thought using McFarland to protect a one run lead in the 8th inning was gutsy but it worked out.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Especially considering McFarland’s Cardinals debut fiasco. Limited choices though. Can’t use the same few over and over.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller is always available but Shildt doesn’t trust him. It is telling that McFarland has passed him by.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years