2021 Cardinals MLB Game 97 thread – Thursday, July 22 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 97 thread – Thursday, July 22 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (5-5, 2.87) vs. RHP Adbert Alzolay (4-9, 4.59)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If it wasnt for a miracle we’d be going for the series sweep in this one. But with a win tonight you cant complain about taking three out of four – not from any team. Including the ’62 Mets. Hopefully Kim can keep putting 0’s up on the board and the offense can finally get it going.

Din-din today will be a thick center cut rib chop in the air fryer, a couple ears of Aces High sweet corn, a glass of water, and a piece of apple crumb pie. Then later tonight me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for the game. Along with two or three cigars.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Rats I’m glad Kims up for us pitching tonight. Lookin good for us.
    I’ m makin cube steak w brown gravy, mashed poes and peas tonight. Your dinner spread looks well balanced! Like switching your carb to desert and we love fresh sweet corn- gotta get some!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, here’s hoping we can eke out another one tonight. I doubt we’ll be able to count on Rizzo to help us again. Oh, hell with eke, let’s show some big stick for a change and whomp these guys good.

Din-din tonight was good old beef stew like Mom used to make, salad and iced tea. A few raspberries for dessert.

Rah Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman, Bader, Sosa, that’s excellent speed at the bottom of the order.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Even KK runs very well

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If our pitchers do not knock anyone unconscious and nobody gets thrown out by a mile on the base paths I will leave my bag on the couch no matter what. I am that kind of guy.

din-din is leftovers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice din-dins one and all, gentlemen. Though I am tiring of Rat’s choice of beverage lately. Lose the H2O and live a little, Rat! Din-din my way was Red snapper over a bed of Minnesotan wild brown rice, jumbo shrimp cocktail, baby red potatoes, banana cream pie and a tall glass of 7-Up to wash her all down with.

If we don’t pelt these guys tonight I’ll be hornswoggled…..not exactly sure what that word means, but it sure sounds good. I’m calling it 7-2 Good Guys with Dylan Carlson continuing his 2021 coming out party by ramrodding a long one into the St Louis night.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

My latest contract gig has me working in an office again, and I am on the way home so I will find out what we are munching down on when I get home.

Hopefully Kim keeps up the audition for a sale next week, although with a slight uptick in the club’s fortunates we will likely do neither any buying or selling.

After two straight blown saves, let’s hope it does not come down to that tonight and we see a 7-2 final, with the home club crawling over the .500 mark. Chicago can then finalize the deal to send Bryant to San Diego, and maybe package a few other boys in blue to contenders.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Carlson hits a solo HR to make it 1-0 Cards, game now in the 3rd…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Game on!

This series has certainly signaled Dylan Carlson’s 2021 coming out party. He’s going to put up some absolutely ridiculous numbers the rest of the way. Should be fun.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carlson is starting to square up. He got robbed on that lousy called strike last night too – that should have been a BB.

So did-din was sloppy joes, fries and baked beans. We also did the water thing as the beverage. No beer until tomorrow evening, which might be at a local brew pub depending on the food truck selection.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sloppy Joes rock! Haven’t had them in ages. Thanks for the din-din tip, BicycleMike.

Birds on top 3-2 heading to inning #6. Dylan Carlson has stolen the show thus far, going 3-3 at the dish with 2 doubles and a dongaroo.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad we’re pitching Helsley tonight. Need him next inning too.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bader and ONiel with circus catches tonight!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sosa just got beaned in the head- still conscious…

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Sloppy Joes on toasted buns with French Fries Yum-yum!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy draws a walk in the 7th to load the bases for Arenado, who then flies out to end the inning. Cards lead 3-2. With the walk, Goldy is 0-2 with two BBs, likely ending his hitting streak.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Mc Farlands been good but I’m really liking Helsey lately Euro

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wooster, I’ve always liked Helsley. He will be nasty when he ties it all together. That double edged sword called potential can be fleeting for a pitcher though.

Good inning for McFarland, thanks to his best friend, the 6-4-3.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards need to bring 8 men to the plate in the 8th to give Goldy another crack to extend his hitting streak. Or, they need the cubs to score a run in the 9th so they get more at bats. One of those sounds very good. The other, well I hope Goldy’s streak ends.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reyes in for the save, and gets Rizzo to ground out for the first out. Can we finally have a ho hum 9th?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I don’t wanna see us batting in the 9th. Hopeing Reyes ends this one in the 9th. I really like Goldy but not that much. Lets wrap it up now!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reyes couldn’t resist giving at least one free pass, but otherwise a routine looking save.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years