2021 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Saturday, July 17 vs. Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 92 thread – Saturday, July 17 vs. Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (4-5, 3.11) vs. Anthony DeSclafani (10-3, 2.68)
    FOX Network // KMOX

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think it’s a more than safe bet to insert Kim here…..matter of fact, I’m calling it official.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the top of the lineup I’d like…

O’Neill
    Carlson
    Goldy
    Arenado

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I disagree jj. Carlson is hitting .233 vs. righties on the season. Also factor in his .167 BA for July. Besically, he is stinking it up. And he has turned into the whiff king. If we want to have any chance at pulling this out, put whoever is not ice cold up in the order.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea I think putting edman back up in top spot makes most sense unless you want to put carp in which I never thought I’d say that again. I know Carlson is still young but top of the order guys have high expectations regardless of how long they have played. Carlson just looks like he’s lost at the plate right now.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I agree with Willie. Put Edman back at the top.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Differing opinions is the enjoyment of a forum, for me. Glad we can be civil during it bling.

If you want the “not ice cold” guys at top of the order, I’d suggest you could start with the 3 players who have a 4 digit ops for July; Goldschmidt (1.072) DeJong (1.041) and Carpenter (1.038).

I’d prefer Carlson high in the order, as an investment in his future (just leave him alone), rather than Carpenter, who I see as a dead end after the season.

If you still see us as contenders, who is hot, and who is not, does matter, I agree.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Carpenter always seemed to like the one hole. At thos point why not give it to him for 10 games and see what he does with it…if he stinks it up, well, so have Edman and Carlson…

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Until we are eliminated from the playoff race,we are contenders.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Like going to the Gasthof buffet every Wednesday and expecting a good meal, Rat?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Hell, let Bader lead off, hit the pitcher 8th put Carlson 7th and Dejong 9th.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Like going to the Gasthof buffet every Wednesday and expecting a good meal, Rat?

Exactly Pugs! That’s why most people tell me I am insane. But when they have those catfish fiddlers I dont mind being a little insane. And the sweet potatoes are pretty good too.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

May God be my judge, one day I’ll be joining you for a Wednesday lunch at the Gasthof, Rat.

After about the 6th inning tonight, my attention will turn directly south-west. Huge game for my Milwaukee Bucks. Wish them well, gang

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

din din tonight is the food drug park. We have two little grand kids along so probably the hot dog truck. Proper ball park fare. Inside at the canteen they have a selection of beers. Down at the end, past the zeifelwanagenburgers, alfalfa pinecone stouts and creme de mint pale ales, one can find an Anheuser Busch lager. Lonely and forgotten.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Chicken livers, french fries and a salad, finishing with a Magnum double chocolate. Afraid that’s all I can offer tonight.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Organic cheese pizza, a bunch of large green grapes, diet mountain dew, and for dessert two chocolate mochi ice cream bars

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jumbalaya for me!!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow. I hate to see Yadi let one through like that. The Fox announcers called him on it. Scored a WP on Kim but wasn’t.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now a second one got past him. No harm this time. Not much movement either time as far as attempting to block it. Not Yadi like at all. I guess the funk hits everyone.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice, Carlson leadoff double and Goldy two run shot. Can’t remember the last multi run homer.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy has been very hot the last month. Good to see it continuing.

Kim might be a decent trade chip if Mo will pull the trigger.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Then the defense messes up and now we’re only up 3-1 with two on and 1 out…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

After Hesley renews everyone’s interest in the game, Cabrera comes in to calm things down again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years