2021 Cardinals MLB Game 84 thread – Saturday, July 3 at Colorado

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 84 thread – Saturday, July 3 at Colorado

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Far as nogowski, he was always a limited player, wasn’t going to get a lot of chances. If he was more flexible, might have got more. I just don’t like moving bader up. He was hitting great last time before they moved him up and bam just like that he went into a funk. Apparently nothing really got jump started last night but i was at holiday world so don’t know how their pitching was.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we still got a shot, Dejong at third, edman at second here in 9th. Carlson up.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh well. Maybe we can still split. Not really a good thing but better than losing the series.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Well 10 out of first in the division and 7 out of the second wildcard. This one might just about be in the books in the coming days. May be time to sell what they can.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Between piss poor roster management / construction, misevaluation of talent (both ways), and a rash of injuries; it ain’t looking good for 2021.

Still, there is half a season to go but it feels like the wheels have come off and it looks like 2016 when we finished second in the division but 17 games back of the Cubs. Even that team won 86 games….

2013 seems a lifetime ago.

There is absolutely no reason to think this is even a .500 team at this point.

David
    Participant

Free

Starters 1B- Muncy 2B- Frazier 3B Guerrero Jr
    SS- Tatis Jr OF- Trout, Brantley, Martinez.

Pitchers: DeGrom, Ohtani, Lynn, Bieber,
    Flaherty.

Manager: Schildt

If this were our team… I believe we’d still have the same record. Cardinals need to figure it out or this will be a reoccurring theme every season

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are going to be in an obvious position of being sellers. It’s a position where fantastic deals can abound. But one big problem exists with our Cardinals. Can the powers that be in St. Louis be trusted not to get royally fleeced? 30 GM’s must be licking their chops at the prospect.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Far as nogowski, he was always a limited player,

Like we would know. Sold off Adolis Garcia and now he’s a center fielder. We will see what Pittsburgh does with him in AAA.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nogowski was limited in that he can’t play multiple positions. That’s what I meant. If someone needs a first baseman or a designated hitter, he could be fine.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m using this thread because its the day we acquired Justin Miller. Hardly a whisper about him. Miller pitched in five games for WAS…. they won 4 of them. Now with the Cards he has pitched in 13 games and the Cards only won 2 of those games. The Nats gave up on their good-luck charm….. is he now a bad-luck guy….? if you believe in that sort of thing. I just find it strange.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I think it probably has more to do with the situation of our games when he comes in.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years