2021 Cardinals MLB Game 8 thread – Saturday, April 10 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 8 thread – Saturday, April 10 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

Webb Webbing! Can’t get the schmuck out he’s suppose to get out.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

And walks the other guy.

This dude has been a pile of dogs*** pretty much ever since we got him!

1982 willie
    Participant

I’m sorry the video clearly showed williams behind the line. Yea he was a little too close but he was behind til after it hit him. The fact that that call isn’t reviewable is absurd based on everything that is reviewable. Baseball is a joke when it comes to reviews. Balls and strikes, no, pretty much everything else should be looked at.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Webb is a bum! Who couldn’t see the meltdown coming from this clown?

1982 willie
    Participant

I loath webb, why is he still on team. It’s just good luck when he gets through an inning unscathed and I started this before he gave up these runs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he was victimized he has my apology.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree with what you said 1982Willie. However, it would not have been an issue if William’s would have been well off the line like you are taught as a kid. He has struggled at the plate, was given a gift by Hura and then makes are very bad base running mistake.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It wouldn’t have mattered blingboy. Webb would’ve pissed this away!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Basically we have the same guys in the top half of the order who have been getting it done still trying to get it done and the same guys in the bottom half still not getting it done. Hope we can pull it out but I have to run.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

No righty out there to face Hirua?

1982 willie
    Participant

Oh I agree 1964 about the players responsibility but why the heck even have replay if you can’t take a look at that. The umpires is to the side of the play so he doesn’t have the best angle. From the video you can clearly see him behind the line though true he may have barely came down on it after jumping but it’s pretty clear he jumped towards the infield but the ball had already hit him. Though with some of the reviews I’ve seen, they probably wouldn’t have overturned it. Now this inning just got worse. Webb and miller, two guys particularly webb who should be sent packing after game.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Willie.

Time for a rally Redbirds!

1982 willie
    Participant

While I do think our offense is lacking in areas, I don’t see the cards making big moves there. We could be better off finding some better lefties than webb and miller. I think there are some good pitchers that we can get that would improve our bullpen, any hitters would probably be about as hit and miss as we got.

1982 willie
    Participant

Keep that shoulder up there arenado,

1982 willie
    Participant

Something I see with even great hitters is the tendency to try to get under high balls. Just stay on top and hit it hard somewhere even if it’s on the ground.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well dejong 3 strikeouts, team at 6 so he has half the total.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

pdj goes down like a windmill again.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ten run rule?

1982 willie
    Participant

That was weird. How did the ball do that. So crazy. Just goes to show you may see something new at a ball game any time.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Lol and are we paying Miller to mop up?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I’m kind of like the announcers. Probably best to save woodford til tomorrow. But this game might go 5 hours if we leave miller out there.

1982 willie
    Participant

Not bad a nice long shot by dean, too bad our bullpen was horrible for the most part. But at least we aren’t quitting.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Is it just me or does it seem like Goldy takes an awful lot of first pitches right down the pipe?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Nice try by Williams but his glove got in the way.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gamecast shows Williams, who was on 3,B struck by batted ball. Supposed to be on the foul side of the baseline there, but ok, I remember my first day ever playing this game.

You occasionally see a runner on 1B getting pegged, but I don’t remember ever seeing it with a runner on 3B. Maybe Williams skipped the Spring Training review session on baserunning 101.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years