2021 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Thursday, June 24 vs. Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Thursday, June 24 vs. Pirates

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Stpcard
    Participant

Free

It’s pure comedy now. Can anyone honestly think this team can win 3 games in a row at any point the rest of this season.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Not looking probable. I don’t want to think like this, but maybe the best thing for the organization would be a continued slide rather than a minor resurgence that allows us to look “competitive” in the worst division in baseball

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow at this team. Embarrassed by the lowly Tigers in 2 straight now this?? Is this a talent thing? A locker room thing? Dahell is going on??

colhusker
    Participant

Free

This team is so damn awful. The Tiger and now the Pirates putting it to them. This team has possibly one major league outfielder on the roster and this offense is setting baseball back 100 years. Just putrid.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’re obviously veering towards being sellers vs buyers next month. I love Yadi, but I think it would only be right to give him the opportunity to play with a real contender for the remainder of the season. Forget about Carlos, DeJong and Carp, as no team in their right mind would pony up anything of value for their services. Let’s play the kids, have some fun and look forward to ’22.

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

21 games in June runs scored
    9 once
    8 once
    7 once
    5 once
    4 twice
    3 three times
    2 six times
    1 three times
    0 three times

70% of the time they score 3 or less. How can a person w any intelligence not think the hitting coach is an issue that needs to be addressed.

David
    Participant

Free

What does it have to take. Get rid of Schildt and I 100% guarantee you will see a difference within a week on both offense and defense.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are so many issues ownership has to deal with. Not sure you can throw this all on Shildt – I do not agree with all his moves. However, he did not construct this roster, cannot say he is responsible for all the injuries and he did not decide to bring back the hitting coach (brought back for a third year after he had failed badly in his first two years).

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wondering DeJong would benefit from a stint in Memphis to work on his swing? Does he have any minor league options left?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals have never really been sellers the last 25 years. Some say the Pham trade was selling but I think he was moved for other reasons. The Cardinals usually stand pat or a make a few incremental moves.

Is this the year we finally sell? I will believe it when I see it. Besides the only tradeable assets we have are young players we would want to keep. I predict we will stand pat at the deadline and slog our way to a 80 win season.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

64Cards, totally agree this should it be blamed on Schildt! It is mistakes bu those above him that have caused this! He may lose his job over it but until Mo and his bunch go I’m afraid we may be stuck in mediocrity for awhile!

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

80 wins might be a tad optimistic, slog or no slog. To get there means they go 45-43 the rest of the way, which is looking more difficult with each passing game.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

pretty pathetic.Time to take out the trash and find some of these guys new places to try to play.CMart is awful.DeJong is lost at the plate.Gant is getting a reality check.Time to do somrthing to shake up this dead ballclub.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

6-17 now on this run. I think the Pirates have too big of a lead for us to catch them but if the Cards can continue to stay hot anything is possible.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

” The game in general and us specifically, we’ve forgotten: Oh, by the way, you’ve got to get on base.”

That was Shidlt post game saying something intelligent. But it is hopeless. They are talking about outlawing the shift so if guys miss the launch angle they can still get on base some. ‘No fair, they are standing right where they know I will hit it’. Such is the game right now. Cardinals are the poster child.

DeJong lived off the homer a week and nothing in between thing for a good while and the organization played right along. Of course they are all power happy, that is what pays off. Nobody is going to damage their metrics by trying to slap singles up the middle.

Nobody has cigar chompers looking for a kid with a nice inside out swing who can let the pitch come in deep, with an internal timing mechanism and short level swing. Never mind it worked for 100 years. Move out the Joe Kruzels and Chris Maloneys and anyone else not sufficiently on board with the wonks and their spew.

It was 33,000+, a sea of red, showed up to watch garbage ball. My co-worker who thought he heard that Chris Carpenter has not been hitting lately probably had a good time at the game. All is well.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We rank last in obp in the NL and 28th in mlb, so captain obvious Shildt has a point.

Here’s our top 5 for the season:

.352 Carlson
    .333 Sosa
    .327 O’Neill
    .320 Goldschmidt
    .317 Carpenter

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB league average OBP is .314

14NyquisT
    Participant

The only positives at this point are the menus that some guys share with us. Who put this team together? Who signed what turned out to be lousy players for big money. Who traded for the underachievers of this season? Who is responsible for having very little depth in the system that is now being exposed by having some key players hurt and not having a backup plan. Gee, take one guess.

The talent we are looking for is playing for other teams while we can’t find enough pitchers that even a sub.500 team put out there. How is that so?

The outfielders that we kept have fizzled out. Having to bring up Nootbaar?…. he wasn’t even on anyone’s radar in the Spring. Maybe he can solve one of the many problems that this team is facing right now.

The biggest problem now is putting a reliable and consistent rotation together. But forget in-house for now… and now is when we need help. And please forget about CMart…. it used to be a 50-50 chance of him pitching well now its about a 30-70 chance.

Changes upstairs should be a priority… and about as high as you can climb. Mo needs a change of scenery.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.