2021 Cardinals MLB Game 72 thread – Sunday, June 20 at Braves (Game 2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 72 thread – Sunday, June 20 at Braves (Game 2)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:08 p.m.
    LHP Kwang Hyun Kim (1-4, 3.72) vs. TBA
    ESPN // KMOX

Update: Due to Saturday night’s game being moved to Sunday afternoon, both contests will be seven innings.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Happy Father’s Day TCN friends. I will be going to 9 Mile food truck garden in Affton to celebrate. Busch beer BOGO, game on the jumbotron. Hope it doesn’t rain.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I flipped a garbage can lid and it said the Cardinals will split today.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Cards win a double-header in Atlanta today 4-2 and 5-2. Make sure you tune in.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee finally won a game in Colorado so they pick up a game on everybody. But the Marlins downed the Cubs again by the score of 11-1. And the Padres win their third straight over the Reds 7-5 in San Diego. Fireworks in the 1st inning as Votto and Bell both get ejected. Votto was arguing a 3rd strike on a check swing. Replays showed he clearly swung. Not sure what the problem was unless the umpire(s) said something to him.

Just one winning streak is all we need. 7 or 8 in a row. Maybe 11 out of 12. Then we would be in high cotton in this division.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is funny how certain teams have other teams number. The Cubs have been blasted by the Marlins the last two days (and swept 2-0 in the playoffs last year). We are 6-0 against the Marlins this year yet only 1-5 against the Cubs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

14, nice prediction but the guys misunderstood and scored all 9 predicted runs in the first game. Now what?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) RF
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Edmundo Sosa (R) 2B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Kwang Hyun Kim (L) P

Lets hope Sosa and DeJong don’t go 0fer the double header. Sweep would be great.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In this series’ opening game thread, I said this 4 game set had “split” written all over it. But can I be believed? I was on an 18 year run with predicting games that would have made Jimmy the Greek stand up and clap. But I haven’t been able to pick jack for about 3 weeks now. Have I lost it for good? I think not. Bet the ranch and all of the cattle within it’s furry confines on the Cards completing the sweep….. I’m calling it 6-5 Good Guys.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Let’s get a good one outta KK. Keep the bats hot.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Getting baffled by Cy Smyly😀? We’re better than this ….I pray.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I see on gamecast Kim is out. 47 pitches.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Shildt thought bringing in a pinch hitter with a .394 OPS with nobody on and two out was optimal to letting Kim pitch

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One does not have to be Nostradamus to predict that either Kim has a problem or Shildt does.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Genesis Cabrera aka “Cabby”, is in fact the real deal.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Dejong has the Carp look. He is lost at the plate.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are we playing 9?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

No Pugs two 7 innings games. 2 hits in 2nd game? Our guys BA’s must be sinking! Lotta funk!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Wooster. Since they had the extra delay in between games, they should have gone the distance(9)…..unless we had the lead after 7.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

they should have gone the distance(9)

Pugs if you sold bags of balls and you found out people would pay the 9 ball price for 7 how many would you put in the bag?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Off the subject but I need some info, FAST. I need to know where to stay in St. Louis. My oldest daughter and my youngest daughter, my niece and my daughter’s friend are going to St. Louis on a bachelorette party. They are going to a game on Friday and plan to stay Friday night and Saturday night. Looking at one of 3 locations: downtown, Forest Park and Chesterfield. I know Chesterfield is a drive from the stadium but they are looking at other things that they could do in one of those areas.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

0 fer 14 bling, for Sosa and dejong, 6 k’s.
    We did avoid Carp starting, there’s that.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Forsch – they probably want to stay downtown for the most activities

If you have Hilton points, tell them to stay at the Hilton St. Louis Ballpark

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Thanks, LA.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Splitting a doubleheader is like taking a bath in tepid water.

Wallowing in 3rd/4th place is like eating oatmeal without milk.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years