2021 Cardinals MLB Game 68 thread – Wednesday, June 16 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 68 thread – Wednesday, June 16 vs. Marlins

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With a runner on second, none down, Carp moves him over.

With a runner on 1B and one down, Carp walks and again moves the runner into scoring position, Yadi gets the glory RBI.

Sometimes “good things” need set up first.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

RatsBuddy said:

Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, green beans, noodles, fish, cherry cobbler, ice cream, sweet tea….yum yum!

I’ve been meaning to ask you, Rat….. how’s that strict lean mean low calorie diet of your’s doing? I know you’re only a few weeks into it, so you certainly have been careful of what you eat. Keep up the good fight!

Sweeps vs anybody at anytime and at any place is a sweet thing….unless you’re playing Detroit or Miami at home. Joshing……maybe our boys are poised to rattle off 13-15? Cannot wait until next year when we get to see Gorman and Libby up with the big club. Too bad Gibby never had the opportunity to see Libby pitch.

1964Cards taking Tennessee by storm. Nashville may never be the same if 1964Cards gets his mitts on some of that pure southern uncut moonshine.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Late getting to the box score tonight. It seems Oviedo did what was needed, quality innings. Alcantara pretty well shut down our offense. A nice win though. The Marlins games drew 24,000+ all three games. I had expected larger crowds. I’m thinking the next homestand against Pittsburgh and Arizona is not likely to be a better draw but we will see.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

deGrom strikes out 8 of the first 9 Cubs. Then leaves with shoulder soreness. Cubs might catch a break. Currently the Mets lead 5-1 heading to the 5th.

Stay tuned……

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s now 6-1 Mets in the 6th. Plus Boston is leading Atlanta 6-3 in the 5th. Maybe – MAYBE – we might be catching Atlanta at just the right time.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs still trail 6-1 in the 8th. And Atlanta has jumped out in front of Boston 7-6 at Fulton County Stadium.

Going to light up a cigar or two and finish watching the Cubs/Mets then turn over to the Phillies and Dodgers. Might be a good pitching matchup at Dodger Stadium tonight as it’s Wheeler and Kershaw.

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I have always subscribed to the theory that if you can score at least one more run than your opponent you will win most of your games.

14NyquisT
    Participant

On Oviedo:

Really reminds me of a latter day Mike Torrez.

Good call Bike. His start last night is what I’ve been waiting for. His mound presence is great and I expect him to be in the rotation mix for years to come. He could become a #2/#3 in ’22. Hudson isn’t a slam dunk on his return.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s see if Ovideo can do it against a good team before he is anointed a rotation mainstay. Miami’s lineup is not exactly the 27 Yankees.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years