2021 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Tuesday, May 18 vs. Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Tuesday, May 18 vs. Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP John Gant (2-3, 1.83) vs. RHP JT Brubaker (3-2, 2.58)
    BSM+ // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Are we going to start all of our games at 6:45 this season? Or just until school is over for the summer and then go back to 7:15?

I prefer the 7:15. The Reds start their home games at 6:10 so I can usually watch their first three innings before tuning in to our beloved Redbirds.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And in regards to the just completed San Diego sweep……I think we can take comfort knowing that from August 19, 1927 to August 22, 1927 the New York Yankees lost four (4) straight games. They lost four straight to Chicago and Cleveland. Two teams that won 70 and 66 games on the year and both finished well below .500.

It happens.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I take little solace in your ’27 Yankee four game skid comparison, Rat. I’m hesitant to call SD’s squad this past weekend their “B Team”. I think “B- team” or even “C team” may be more accurate. And it wasn’t just losing those 3 games that stung…..it was how they lost them. I’ve seen two-bit prizefighters who were paid to lay down, put up more resistance that what our Cardinals did this past weekend. Let’s hope it was just one of those baseball rarities that inexplicably spring up every now and then. Hopefully, that’s the case because we’re all stuck with these guys. With the possible exception of RatsBuddy switching team allegiance to Cincinnati one day, I don’t envision anybody else here jumping ship.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not blaming C-Mart because anybody can have an accident. But if C-Mart hadn’t hurt himself, with the way he was pitching, we would have had a much better chance of winning the Friday night game. Then, with the momentum this team had going, who knows how the rest of the series might have gone?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

The problem is, every once in a while we are obliged to play a good team. And good teams have a tendency to blow holes in ours. If only we could spend the season playing the Pirates and their ilk. Perhaps we ARE their ilk?

Oh well, we’re still in first place after all. How bad can it be.

Rah Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How much longer will Cardinal home games start at 6:45? Will they revert back to 7:15 once school is over?

And not to worry Pugs, I will NEVER jump ship over to the Reds.

The Doppler Radar shows some wet stuff in the St. Louis area as I am typing this. It appears to be heading north and then more green stuff popping up just south of St. Louis. Sure hope we get this one in.

Not sure I can comment on din-din as the diet starts today. Maybe a salad and a small steak, or perhaps a Lean Cuisine. An apple or a grapefruit maybe for dessert. Plus I am down in the back and it hurts for me to just move around at times. Doubtful any jogging starts today either.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully they never go back to 8:15. 7:45 is way way better for those of us in the Eastern time zone.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill is a big loss. He’s been hitting the ball very well lately. It seems like this is how his career as gone…as soon as he gets some momentum, he gets hurt. This one happened on the play where the SD guy kneed him in the head too, I presume? I thought that play was iffier than the Machado slide on Edman.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

How long is Dejong out?

Will it be the Justin Williams show again?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. J. Williams (L) LF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. John Gant (R) P

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I wish they’d start at 6:10. I work a swing shift. When I’m on days I can watch and still get to bed at 9-930, evenings doesn’t matter but still prefer 6 and listen on the radio, and midnignts I like when they are on the west coast, can get a few innings at home before work and the last 3 innings on the radio at work. But over all I prefer 6:10 start. I go to bed early when on “normal” hours.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader all the way up to batting 6th!

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Well you can’t really bat 7 and 8 6th because their really 7-8 hitters in the order. So Bader gets a push.

B2B starts for Sosa. You think we’ll see him more moving forwardm Is this is audition?

1982 willie
    Participant

Nice to see sosa get a start here. He may not end up doing good but at least he gets a shot.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A dangerous game, as Pittsburgh smells blood in the water after the Cardinals weekend 3 game debacle in San Luis Obispo….San Diego. The fashion in how the Cards lost and who they lost to are perfect accelerants for a possible extended losing streak. Forget that it’s the Pirates we’re playing, as this team has the ability to kick a team while it’s down. I wrongly predicted my last two baseball games. This has not occured since July of 2014. I haven’t lost 3 straight since May of 2004. So you can pretty much take it to the bank that unfortunately, the Pirates will will tonight’s game. I’m calling it 6-5 Bucs despite a big night from Dylan Carlson.

I’m rooting for your 6:10p start times, Cardinals667. Be great for you to see all of the game.

Your Lean Cuisine/grapefruit din-dins are pretty darn boring, Rat. Next you’re be putting out the flames on your Palma cigars. Learn to live a little once again .

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Williams is currently 8th on the club in GS and PA’s. The IL time of O’Neill and Bader has given Williams an unexpected amount of playing time.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

I wonder if we could get the Rockies to trade us Trevor Story for Carpenter and Dejong? We basically got Arenado for Gomber so maybe…..

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Arenado might just work out okay. Need to bury the bucs this series, so that’s a good start.

Rat, you might want to forget about the pitching/hitting machine and invest in an elliptical instead. I bet we’re about the same age and the back/joints can be finicky with running on hard surfaces. The elliptical is like running on air, so you rarely need a day off because of soreness. If you like an evening workout you can enjoy a Cards game while you give that ticker a workout.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Edman ropes a single to left to drive home 2 more runs, now 4-0. It might’ve been a loopy rope.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Edman probably could’ve made it to third easily on the Carlson single, but holding at second shows how much he understood that situation (2 outs and Goldy coming up).

1982 willie
    Participant

Well gant got out of that. Was thinking how low his pitch count was but he got it back up there a bit.

1982 willie
    Participant

So far so goof. Lots of hits, sosa doing well. See what can happen when you give a guy a chance.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.