2021 Cardinals MLB Game 35 thread – Sunday, May 9 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 35 thread – Sunday, May 9 vs. Rockies

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Got it done. Great game.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Boy that was a sphincter tightener!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fuentes is my friend!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs rallied in the last of the 9th but fell a run short. 6-5 Pirates your happy final. Baez bounced to 2nd with two outs and the tying run at 2nd to end it.

Milwaukee came away with a 2-1 win in 10 innings at Miami.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Our club is off to a good start, but it seems like we have played a fairly soft schedule so far.

Most games are against sub .500 teams. But then some of that is due to us beating teams more than they are beating us.

I look forward to seeing how we fare on a west coast trip, and in more games against the Cubs and Crew. I still think those Reds will be better as well.

Matheny’s Royals looked good early, but have come down some the last week or so.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am optimistic about the season largely because of how the top of the order has come together. I think the relief pitching will smooth out as we go along.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

13-4 during the 17 consecutive games is good reason for optimism. We went into the 17 games in a row as a 8-10 club in 4th place, 3.0 games back.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My single biggest concern going in was whether Carlson would make the jump from AA to MLB without a major setback. He seems to have done it so far, and I see no sign of any problem cropping up. They aren’t figuring out how to get him out, or he isn’t failing to adjust to whatever they may be trying. It is early, as they say, but so far so good.

The second concern was whether a leadoff man would emerge. Edman has that handled.

The other concern was the outfield in general, with Mo’s dog and pony show. O’Neill has done well enough, so I am less concerned about that. I hope he can become a guy to move up in the order.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals have the best record in the NL.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weekends are for sweeps, I guess. I’m glad the Cards were able to take care of business against the Rockies. A road trip to Milwaukee and San Diego will be a stiffer challenge, but hopefully the new found offensive aptitude and the solid starting pitching will continue.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Going to both Milwaukee and San Diego this week will be tough. At this point I would take a 3-3 road trip and be happy.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I still think that the Cardinals are using this year to let the outfield sort itself out and that ’22 is when they hope to make a big splash.

If they do anything other than make the playoffs this year I will look at it as a bonus and, while annoying, it won’t be too tragic if they don’t.

In ’22 we are probably looking at Hudson replacing Wainwright and K really pushing if not replacing Molina. Those two cannot keep the wool pulled over father time’s eyes forever.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Going to both Milwaukee and San Diego this week will be tough. At this point I would take a 3-3 road trip and be happy.

Or to paraphrase the old Rats, “These games in County Stadium and Jack Murphy will be tough”> 🙂

But yes, this will be a good test and if the club comes out 3-3, that is acceptable. 4-2 would be great!2-4 or worse and you get a sense we may be pretenders, but not to the point of panic or anything.

Man, What a difference Arenado makes. He has been a significant factor in what, a dozen games or so already? We would be around .500 or worse without him.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has anyone tuned in KMOX lately? Is Mike on the air and if so is he sounding like he’s bouncing back? Wish him well.

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years