2021 Cardinals MLB Game 31 thread – Wed, May 5 vs Mets Game 2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 31 thread – Wed, May 5 vs Mets Game 2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RHP John Gant (2-2, 2.16) vs. RHP Marcus Stroman (3-2, 1.86)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Eastern Arkansas

Monday update: KK Kim will start instead, with Gant moved to Thursday.

Tuesday update: Johan Oviedo will start this Game 2 with Kim taking the ball in Game 1 (Tuesday’s postponement). Both games will be seven innings.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Here’s hoping for a sweep of the Mets. We are catching them at the right time. You know Lindor is going to eventually break out. Let’s hope he doesnt these next two games.

Joey Votto was hit on the hand by a pitch from Dallas Keuchel and has a broken thumb. Expected to miss about a month.

Nice to see Reyes come in and throw strikes. Alot of the time its ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball ball and we hold on for dear life.

And just to continue the tradition as per Pugs direction……my din-din was the weekly trip to the Gasthof, the Amish restaurant. Still no sweet potatoes, however.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m hoping we see more of Oviedo’s good repertoire in game 2 here. Facing the bullpen, you have to like the Cards’ chances if Oviedo can go 5 or more with 2 or less runs allowed.

I had a burger (no bun), baked potato and broccoli for dinner. Having some homemade applesauce for a light snack as I wait on game 2.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineup

T Edman (S) RF
    M Carpenter (L) 2B
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    N Arenado (R) 3B
    P DeJong (R) SS
    T O’Neill (R) LF
    H Bader (R) CF
    A Sánchez (R) C
    J Oviedo (R) P

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs breakfast for dinner last night inspired me to ask for two chorizo burritos with scrambled eggs on the side tonight.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner and Carlson with ouchies so Carp and Sanchez get starts. Mr. Fix It to RF

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A 1-2-3 to start things off for Oviedo. Some of his pitches look really good.

Participant

Free

Tommy Edman is really good. He makes the Cardinals go.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Mets “opener” has not been very accurate tonight. He should have walked Goldy, who bailed him out. Now walks Arenado and in steps Paul Dejong.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong drives one deep to left…but it’s caught and that ends the 1st.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet sweet din-din maneuver, JJ. You too, Stlcard25. Rat usually tells us what he had at the Gasthof. He must be ready to find a new Amish eatery…..one featuring sweet potatoes.

This one is going to be a toughie to win. I just arrived home a bit ago, so before watching our boys, I’ll have to grab a bologna sandwich and some chips and hope for the best.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo with a nice pitch that Pillar lucks down the left field line barely fair. Two men in scoring position with none out for the Mets.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who ever said that outfield defense didn’t count for something? It helps that Smith was on 3rd, but both those throws were strong.

Now Oviedo needs to bear down and take advantage of getting the first two outs on mid distance fly balls.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Baders arm looks healthy. nice throw

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Passed ball. Ugh. 1-0 Mets.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sanchez goes with the backhand stab instead of blocking a ball in the dirt and the first run scores on a wild pitch.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First time I’ve seen Oviedo really lose his cool. Absolute garbage hitter Nido takes him deep. 3-0 Mets.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Oviedo isn’t careful, he’s going to pitch himself out of the game here. He’s already at 30 pitches this inning.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jordan Yamamoto, who rumor has it has a bottle of Cardinal killing cream he got from Kyle Hendricks in his locker, is in and picks up where he left off with a K of O’Neill.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sanchez smacked a double into the corner. Then Oviedo tried to help his own cause with a single to center, only for Sanchez to show his catcher speed and get thrown out by a lot at the plate.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This one not off to a good start. With these 7 inning games, 3 runs early is significant.

I guess Keith Hernandez might be okay with a split. 🙂

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well sanchez apparently hasn’t been paying attention to yadi. No reason that ball wasn’t blocked. Oviedo lost his focus after it. Maybe we can come back but short game so we need to get going here.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The NYM felt they had to trim the catcher position last winter after they signed McCann. Nido stayed, Sanchez was sold to STL. Still don’t like the McCann signing.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp with the bunt against the shift. That seems to be his second best outcome after a homer. Lol

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards are making good contact off Yamamoto. That’s at least 4 liners so far, but he’s managed to keep the Cards off the board. Up to Dejong again, and he flies out to left again. Time is short in these games.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years