2021 Cardinals MLB Game 23 thread – Tuesday, April 27 vs Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 23 thread – Tuesday, April 27 vs Phillies

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos has been efficient and good tonight. 82 pitches through 7. He’s hitting here, so I’m guessing he will start the 8th.

Hopefully the Cards can get Eflin out of there. He’s been cruising since he gave up the early runs.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carlson and O’Neill had shots at a two out, run scoring hit early on. Would feel a lot better about this one if one of those had happened.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy up with runners at the corners. We desperately need him to do something. He has been lost at the plate lately, it seems.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The struggling Goldschmidt has a shot to make this more comfortable.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy puts one off the top of the wall in right center to drive in Edman and Carlson!! 5-2 Cards!

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That was huge!! Love the aggressiveness – gets a pitch to hit right away and jumps on it!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos with 7-1/3 innings of excellent pitching. Way to be, Carlos! Good to continue the solid starting pitching to give the bullpen a chance to be their best.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well done on Gallegos to finish off the 8th quickly with the double play. Now let’s ensure Carlos gets that well earned win.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just got in, nice to see the good starting pitching continue, lots of production up and down the lineup.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes finishes it off with a K of Gregorious and that’s your 5-2 final!!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Amazingly, CMart’s last win as a starter before tonight was back when Mike Matheny was still manager.

Participant

Free

Two of the best outings by starting pitchers when Knizner was catching.

I know they measure pitch framing, but do they measure the game called by the catcher?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A stat called Catcher’s ERA was in vogue for a few years but analysis sort of discredited it, as I recall. Perhaps others can chime in.

Participant

Paid - Annual

CERA. Debunked by many notable baseball scholars as not a useful tool in determining a catcher’s influence on a pitcher’s performance. Personally, I think it holds merit…..you just have to tweak a few things

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In the 4th inning, when Williams error allowed Realmuto to reach 2B to leadoff the inning, I put Carlos under the microscope, to see how he would handle the adversity. He promptly threw Realmuto to 3B with a wild attempted pickoff throw. At that time I figured he would implode, as he has a history of.

He didn’t, he managed the inning. The next 13 batters made outs, and he did it without Yadi’s supervision. Hat-tip.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Lot of good things last night.

Carlos was great.

Arenado had one of the best catches you will see on that pop up.

Goldy with the big hit.

Bullpen closed the door.

As I have been saying, when our rotation stabilizes (and it appears to be) this team will take off and win the division.

Participant

The rotation’s Game Score in the last seven games averages 69.1. That’s damn fine pitching.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

He didn’t, he managed the inning. The next 13 batters made outs, and he did it without Yadi’s supervision. Hat-tip.

Maybe working with Knizner was a positive in that situation. I recall CM being complimentary of Knizner earlier. Not saying Yadi is no longer effective with CM, but CM is not the most stable from a maturity standpoint and he might just a bit too comfy with Yadi these days. Having a different presence from a younger guy might make CM feel like he has to stand on his own two feet a bit more in the high stress moments.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

no one should think ANY rotation can keep up what we have seen over the past week+. It is a great run, but what this team actually looks like is undoubtedly less than what we have seen from the rotation this past week…the offense still seems too wishy washy…it needs one more good bat…and the rotation probably needs a good to great arm to make a real dent in postseason hopes

Scherzer + DPeralta does it for me

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Scherzer + DPeralta does it for me

At what cost?

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years