2021 Cardinals MLB Game 21 thread – Sunday, April 25 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 21 thread – Sunday, April 25 vs. Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (3-0, 3.80) vs. RHP Luis Castillo (1-1, 6.05)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice coming off two wins with the bottom of the rotation.

1982 willie
    Participant

Hopefully these starters will just keep competing with themselves.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The only thing I did not like about TLR’s managing style was how he had a propensity to take his foot off the pedal if he had already won the series. Shildt can’t do that tomorrow. He must move in for the kill and complete this sweep. The Reds are presently gasping for air and waving their arms back and forth for help. No life preservers should be tossed anywhere in their direction. We have our Ace going in this one. Let’s hope Jack acts like one.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Pugs! Go for the sweep and do not let them off the floor.

14NyquisT
    Participant

pugs:…..

The only thing I did not like about TLR’s managing style was how he had a propensity to take his foot off the pedal if he had already won the series.

That was so true. Some of the Sunday games played when we had already won the series the TLR lineups were so bizarre. Guys playing their off positions and most of the bench were in there. Occasionally we would get the sweep but it seemed not that often.

Let’s see what Shildt does today.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing TLR did was as maddening as Matheny’s habit of deciding to give a guy a day off when he was having a hot streak at the plate.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Forecast is good for the St. Louis area. Mostly sunny, no chance of precip, and around the upper 60s for the game.

Din-din today, starting at around the time of the first pitch, will be a couple of center cut rib chops in the air fryer, green beans, sliced potatoes/gravy, Minutemaid Lemonade, and a strawberry parfait for dessert. Then a big cigar during the game whilst I sit on the couch with Whitey Herdog.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    6. Justin Williams (L) RF
    7. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Good lineup today. Shildt has improved his batting order this series. And he was much better with the ‘pen yesterday.

I will be golfing this afternoon and will miss the game. Hopefully we can sweep a series against a division foe.

The Reds will have something to say about this division before it is over, so hanging a few early losses is important.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Right now I’ve got a veal roast with carrots in the oven for din-din along with baked potatoes, and wifey is tossing the salad. To go with the veal we’ll finish that bottle of Cotes du Rhone we had with our steaks yesterday and finish off with lemon meringue pie. Yum.

I think it would be appropriate if we swept these Redlegs today, perhaps even stomped them.

Rah Cardinals!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The top four in the batting order is what it should have been all along and what it should be the rest of the year. No more of this Goldy batting second nonsense.

Castillo can be a tough pitcher when he is on. It could be another low scoring affair. I will take a 3-2 Redbird victory.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

yes, Castillo can be tough. We need Flaherty to match what KK and Gant have done this series.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think my lunch will be amongst the best today. Bacon wrapped pork chop with grilled potatoes.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill homers!! 2-0

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill hit the ball hard yesterday also. Big fly today and it’s 2-0 Cards after 2

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When O’Neill hits them, they aren;t cheap, barely over the wall homers. 2 baseballs went 842 feet combined. And I still could care less about exit velocity, or barrel rate.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson and O’Neill are a combined 4 of 5 with two homers so far today. Not bad OF production.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Flaherty seems to have lost his command. Really wild this inning.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great game by Flaherty!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s get some insurance tallies!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldschmidt singles in Carlson!! 5-2 good guys!!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dang, Friday and today were like pulling teeth. But a sweep nonetheless.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well they certainly tried hard to give it away,

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Nice sweep of the fading Reds.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years