2021 Cardinals MLB Game 2 thread – Sat 4/3 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 2 thread – Sat 4/3 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

game is southbound. we need some taters.

Participant

Free

If Uncle Charlie doesn’t have pin point control, he’s fodder.

Participant

Free

Nice to see we didn’t need additional starting pitching.

Participant

Free

Awright PDJ, ain’t over yet!

Slightly tougher, Pugs, but not much. Depends on the beast. The ones around here are big suckers 200-300 pounds, not like those little Texas javalinas where I grew up.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I got to try some of that Texas wild hog curtesy of my brother and friends. Best pork I ever tasted. The guy keeps his group of friends in pork just from picking off the javelinas that come right up behind the house to dig up his sweet potato patch.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Throat slit gesture?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Couldn’t get game on fox sports here on sw indiana. It is on reds network. Got it recorded but I’ve already seen score so apparently our pitching sucked today. Might check it out just to see if any positives. I’m seriously thinking about getting mlb extra innings. I’m tired of very few baseball options either when Cardinals get knocked out for pacers or indiana high school sports or the fact very few baseball games get shown on tv as opposed to basketball and football.

Participant

Free

Looks like the old strikeout virus is lurking in the dugout. Anybody working on a vaccine? Quick, call Pfizer!

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Castellanos and Molina both should have been ejected. Castellanos probably got hit because of those little hops he did on Thursday when he hit the homerun.

I am surprised more hitters dont get hit with all the fancy celebrating they do on homeruns, doubles, etc, etc. MLB needs to put a stop to it as far as I am concerned. It’s not good for the game.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Box score shows 13 Ks and 5 hits. Not much else to say probably.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Waino post-game:

Castellanos probably was hit on the ribs. Ball is really hard. It hurts. Tempers flare is part of competing. But should never offer ball back to pitcher. That is tired. His opening day bat flip not in discussion. That was not over the line. Rookie Woodford not trying to do any harm. Baseball is really slick. Not sure if difference from Florida humidity. (BW comment: Slick baseballs in Cincy has been a Cardinals complaint for a number of years.)

DeJong post-game:

Castellanos crossed line when directing emotion toward Woody. Had he celebrated with his teammates, there would have been no issue.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Woodford post game:

Sinker got away. Just trying to get outs and do job. Play at plate, trying to save run and keep them in the game. His (Castellanos’) choice to do what he is going to do. Confused when he jumped up. Caught off guard when it escalated. Regrouped and kept on going. What happened, happened. We are a family. Great to see Yadi, Paul and teammates have his back. Means a lot.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt post-game:

100% confident there was no intent about Woodford hitting Castellanos. We take it (hitting batters) seriously. If we do it, it will come from me. And in almost 4 years here, I’ve never done it. Wouldn’t put kids in that position.

Castellanos has right to be upset. It hurts. Thought it was over. At plate, two guys made hard play. Good for both. Watched replay. No need to stand over somebody to taunt. Then here we go. Pleased guys went out there. Not going to take it. Here to play ball, not have sideshow. Not a place for that in the game.

On potential punishment for breaking COVID protocol. Concerned. That is why tried to diffuse. Will see what happens. Comfortable and confident in how team reacted. Time will tell. I am a move forward guy. Not going after anybody. Play hard and play to win. Very comfortable with how we handled it. Will not back down. We’ve got a group of fighters but want to do it between lines.

On second breakout in right field. Had radar up about principals. Went out there because of what could possibly go down. Not surprised it materialized. Jordan and Williams took exception and I understand.

Wainwright probably wants one pitch back (HR to Barnhart). 6 balls hit under 80 mph. Give them credit. With high pitch count, long inning, have to change it up (by bringing in Woodford). Don’t want any 40-pitch innings, especially this early in the season. Looking forward to him starting home opener.

Hicks got composure back. Great for him to be out there after almost two years. Heavy ball, really efficient.

DeJong has natural balance, nice stroke.

Team played good game. Just had one inning they could not do anything about.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Castellanos should have been ejected, probably should have been ejected when he offered ball back. I don’t know why he thinks he’s important enough for someone to intentionally hit him. Players need to quit whining about being hit. If you are scared of getting hit or are going to take exception, just go do something else for a living.yadi no, he’s sticking up for his teammate like a leader should.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Overall I thought waino pitched fine, just had some bad luck with balls that were just hit in right spots for the most part.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am guessing Waino did not have enough command of the Uncle Charlie to get the K when he needed it.

Participant

Free

I can’t remember seeing so many cheezy little dribblers and squibs hit in a row, ever. And with Cincy announcers, I had to turn it off.

Participant

Castellanos should have been expecting it. After all is was a Cards v. Reds game. Then he acted unprofessional. Think and say what you want but kudos to Woodford…. he had a rough day and took it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought Mo was high on Lane Thomas.

Thomas had a bad Spring. And yes ST stats can matter for those battling it out for the final spots on the roster. Not so much for those with a proven history or a big contract or option issues, etc….

Participant

Paid - Annual

I suspect Castellanos will end up regretting his punk move. Reminded me of Brandon Phillips.

Participant

Expect some boos when Castellanos visits Busch on April 23rd. Maybe not as many as Phillips but the Cardinal faithful will let Nick know that he ain’t welcomed in St. Louis. This may continue on in all of ’21 and even in later years just like Phillips. The Reds will be considered the “enemy” even more now as some fans still remember the first bench-clearer. The Reds are actually easy to hate on.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Reds havent been worth a sh~t now for how many years in a row? They finally got into a playoff series last year but couldnt score a run.

And what was Castellanos batting average last year? Around .225 or something like that I believe.

They should be careful what they wish for because sometimes you get it.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Castellanos suspended two games. Arenado, Yadi and Hicks fined.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years