2021 Cardinals MLB Game 16 thread – Mon, April 19 at Nationals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 16 thread – Mon, April 19 at Nationals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:05 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (2-0, 4.11) vs. RHP Joe Ross (1-0, 0.00)
    MLB Network // BSM // KMOX

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tuesday is probably our best bet in this series. It will be their bottom of the order guy. Wednesday is Scherzer. No chance if he’s himself. This Monday starter, Ross, has been beatable previously but is red hot. Things could go our way though, especially if Flaherty can go deep into the game. You know, like an ace.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I think Flaherty is the real deal, after that though…… just close your eyes, lol.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is right to expect Flaherty to lead the way as to starters going deeper into games. The situation has become alarming as Goold has pointed out in the P-D.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuned in for this one. Looking for a stellar performance from Fletcher tonight. The 2nd time around against Ross I look for the hitters to zero in and barrel up some balls as well. Would be nice to win 2 of 3 in DC.

Din-din today is another center cut rib chop in the air fryer, sliced potatoes in brown gravy, green beans, bar-b-q chips, some Welch’s grape juice, and another piece of banana cream pie. Then later tonight me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch with a big cigar about the time of first pitch.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. I hope this post goes through……

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What is really nice for me this time of year is that after the Redbirds game is over in DC I can tune in to the late games out on the west coast. After the Cards/Nats game I will probably tune in to the Brewers and Padres game out in San Diego. If that game turns into a blowout I can switch over to the Dodgers at Seattle game.

It’s all good. And rest assured my faithful companion, Whitey Herdog, will be on the couch next to me for the entire time.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And rest assured, my faithful companion, Whitey Herdog, will be on the couch next to me for the entire time.

Better start throwing the pooch a changeup every now and then or he may not be faithful much longer, Rat. How many consecutive nights of rib chops, cut up barbecue hot dogs, Barnaby Jones episodes and lousy Cardinal starting pitching can a dog endure?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

He’ll be OK as long as you slip him a large slice of banana cream pie.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whitey Herdog isn’t a monkey, Cardinal In France.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson moving up in the world.

STL Lineup

T Edman (S) RF
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    N Arenado (R) 3B
    Y Molina (R) C
    D Carlson (S) CF
    P DeJong (R) SS
    M Carpenter (L) 2B
    J Williams (L) LF
    J Flaherty (R) P

1982 willie
    Participant

Well they finally move carp down though I would prefer sosa getting a start but I guess asking them to replace somebody who isn’t even hitting 100 is too much.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well didn’t think I was going to be able to see it but found it on my local sports channel, just tuned into Dejong hitting a home run. Feast or famine with him, what can carpenter do here.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Why do the Cardinals keep wearing the red hats when the host team has red? Nat’s have two-tones going, but are predominantly a red-color team.

On another note, I was about to wonder why the heck DeJong keeps playing, and he promptly homers. But he has been sort of an all or nothing player – will probably K in 2 of his next 3 ABs.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well he can strike out. The worst stats in the league and he’s still starting.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

..and Carp follows with the expected strikeout. Will he have a roster spot by Memorial Day?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

See what Boston did to Chicago today after being swept by the Chisox in Boston yesterday? That’s how the really good teams respond after being drilled the previous day. After how rudely the Nats treated us in St. Louis last week, if the Cards do not return the favor in D.C. this week, it’ll be time for we Redbird fans to get super concerned about this ’21 squad. Need this game tonight and we should respond. Scoreless in the 2nd.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I like the way Williams hits the ball where it is pitched. Does not try to hook the ball. That will keep the defenses playing straight, and he should have some good opportunities to find some gaps.

Keep playing Williams, and of course you have to run Carlson out there every day, and your outfield may look a lot better soon. Get Bader back in center, at least for defense, and Edman goes back to second, another improvement in defense, and things may start to gel with this club.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way to go, Tommy!! 2 run blast to make it 3-0!

1982 willie
    Participant

That was pretty cool what that fan did. He missed the ball and just flipped his glove off. Love it.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Edman homers on 3 and 0, then Goldy takes two meat balls that he could have hammered, but gets another one and does indeed hammer it!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong’s swing sure has looked better ever since that game where Sosa started at short.

1982 willie
    Participant

Flaherty got a gift there, now needs to take advantage of it but giving up a hit to the pitcher isn’t great.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack can’t seem to put Turner away until the 10th pitch of the at bat. Went from a decent pitch count to one that will make 5 innings look like the expectation unless he can have a few efficient frames.

1982 willie
    Participant

From where flahertys pitch count is, I’m not sure he’s going to make 6 innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack is never going to be anyone’s Ace, until he starts keeping his pitch counts down. Good Guys still with the 4-0 advantage going to the 4th.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years