2021 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G2)

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Simply amazing

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I dozed off in the middle of it but mice to see that final. We’re playing scorched earth baseball right now.

I agree that Nooty looks overmatched a lot of the time at the plate, but I like what he brings. Remember, he never even played AAA ball until this season, and just before that about 100 AA plate appearances two years ago in 2019. With that in mind, he is doing fantastic.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just win baby!

Beautiful, TexasCard!
    Serious thought needs to commence about how we are going to rest some of our personnel in preparation for our upcoming series vs the Giants. Imperative that we get our pitching lined up. I think there’s little doubt that Waino goes in Los Angeles. But then how do we line her up in San Francisco?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Rare is the evening I can trundle off to my bed with visions of a satisfying thump of the Cubs dancing in my head, then awaken next morning, turn on my computer and read of yet another beautiful stomping of the very same Cubs. That’s just too good! I mean, who ARE these guys? I immediately celebrated with a plate of blueberry pancakes and bacon.

Rah Cardinals! Don’t stop now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is quite the run. Gotta love the outburst. 5 games up on Philly, 6 on the Reds, 7 on the Pads. They’re even 3.5 games up on the Braves. Just keep taking care of business here and set yourselves up to take down a mighty juggernaut in the play in game.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I also really liked what Hudson in particular gave us last night. He wasn’t completely in form but he ate some innings and kept the team afloat after the Flaherty open. I like having a more proven guy like him available for October. I’d think both he and Flaherty will get another shot (maybe more for Jack) before the playoff game to shake off the rust.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Jack can reprise Wainwright’s 2006 post season closer role. That ended well.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Think the Cardinals erred by not sending Flaherty to Memphis. Batting facing a couple of teammates is not the same as facing hitters in competition.

Thought both Flaherty and Hudson looked a little short on their normal fastballs. Hopefully they will get a couple of outings before the end of the season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson threw 60 pitches so I assume he gets normal days off between starts. That would only give him time for one more, 2nd or 3rd game of Brewers series. If they prep Jack an inning at a time we could see him a couple more times.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I had been keeping track of all the NL wild-card contending teams on paper and updating daily…. I threw it out. None of them can catch the Cards at this point.

The return of Hudson and Flaherty comes at a time when the team is in extra high gear. I think that they should piggy-back Woodford’s spot in the rotation. Even if one is ready to make a return to the full-time rotation we damn well better win the wild-card game so that we have games to play. Maybe neither will be strong enough to make a full start…. but its just nice having them back to shake off the rust and then head into ’22 with our #1 and #2 ready to go.

I’m going to pencil in Nootbaar in as #4 OFer for ’22. I’m thinking that he has nowhere to go but up. Right now is a great time for him to pick up some experience. I’d like to see he get some game starts. If Plummer also impresses at ST, the team could have some trade bait out there. Bader’s value has gone up quite a bit…. just saying. And Burleson is in the picture too.

I was very impressed when the streak hit 10. Now the streak is erasing all the crap that we dealt with for 5 months.

Can you imagine how the Reds, Padres and Phillies fans are feeling right now.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years