2021 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G2)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G2)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:05 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (9-2, 3.08) vs. RHP Zach Davies (6-11, 5.49)
    ESPN+ // BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How long do we anticipate Fletcher pitching in this one? 75-80 pitches? Or are they going 3-4 or 4-3 with him and Hudson?

Speaking of Hudson, when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school the principal’s name was Hudson. We used to call him Quack.

Anyway, I’ll miss Game 2 because I’ll be down at Jasper for the Evansville Central Bears at Jasper Wildcats football game tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Not close to 75 pitches

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’m hitting the sack. Somebody wake me up if we win number 14 tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty will be an opener, basically. 1-2 innings max (maybe 15-20 pitches). Hudson has thrown as many as 68 pitches in the minors, I believe. I’d think he’d be good for 3-4 innings depending on how much he labors. Basically it makes sense to think of them as one starter for this game. I’d expect 3-5 innings from the duo.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Sosa out 3-5 days. Bruised wrist. Dejong starting second game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sosa out 3-5 days. Bruised wrist. Dejong starting second game.

I hadn’t seen this. Fantastic news given the possibilities.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that’s better news than I was expecting for Sosa even though schildt wasn’t real concerned about Sosa. Hopefully Dejong can channel early magic and be productive. It’s been pretty much a group effort offensively so hopefully that continues.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    8. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    9. Jack Flaherty (R) P

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Dejong just needs to hit some high pop ups tonight lol

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Also that Sosa info was on their MLB.com team page.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d like to see PDJ and Nooty light up Wrigley tonight. In game fireworks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy E. will definitely launch a long one in this one. I’m calling it 6-3 Cards with Lars Nootbaar also getting in on the HR action with a tater of his own. Had to out-do Rat in the din-din department, so I went over to a local restaurant and gulped down 7 catfish fiddlers. Pretty tasty treat I must say. And for the real big game of the evening, I like Evansville Central to absolutely pummel Jasper by the score of 44-9.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The way things are going these last two weeks, I would not be surprised to see DeJong jack two into the bleachers, and make a standout defensive play.

It seems whatever Shidlt does turns golden.

From what I hear on Flaherty, as was posted he will be in an “opener” role. One inning, just to see how he looks and how he recovers.

If Flaherty, Hudson and Mikolas are all close to their top level ability, we will have an embarrassment of pitching potential in the post season, should we get there and get past the play-in game. And perhaps next year as well.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My wife is off with her sister so din din was a sardine sandwich, Kalamata olives and a dill pickle. I’ll probably have a grape Nehi over ice later. The Klondike bars were an empty box in the fridge.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know quite what to make of that din-din of your’s, Bling. With BicycleMike calling for DeJong to jack two, you just know at least one off his bat will be heading for Waveland.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is precious little food in the house Pugs. That talk about fiddlers got me to thinking about the fried whole catfish dinner at Hodak’s on Gravois. Haven’t been there for a couple years.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

My wife and her two daughters are road tripping it. I just got back home from doing the same thing. I had a beer and made a turkey sandwich with Swiss, home grown tomatoes, lettuce, Dorothy Lynch dressing, and a little mustard.

Gonna kick back and watch the game, although I will fall asleep before it is over. Have driven 20 hours over the last about 30. We have a daughter moving to the Pacific Northwest, and another moving from that area back here. I hauled a trailer load out, and now my wife and her two daughters (my step daughters) and headed out to move in and set up. I just got back this afternoon to take over the domestic part of things, which is mainly caring for our aged dog. What a crazy clan we have!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are getting it done so far. Outfielder should have had yadis ball but still well hit. Bader followed up with nice rbi hit. Would like to see bader steal

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong could come up big here. Bader shouldn’t steal now but Dejong flies out anyway

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

This is a 7 inning game as well correct?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For flaherty to be meaningful in post season, he’s going to need to see more action before then. It’s possible if we sweep the cubs, we could clinch the spot this weekend. Then we could get him a longer start and get our rotation set. If we clinch and do it early, it’s going to be interesting how schildt sets up our rotation. Who do you go with for wild card game and so forth

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well flaherty was trying to nibble too much to wisdom. That 2-2 pitch needs to be a strike. Shouldn’t go full count to wisdom cause wisdom was figuring he would get a fastball and he did.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty already at his pitch count.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We got Drew Robinson for Wisdom. Drew Who?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years