Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 154 thread – Friday, September 24 at Cubs (DH G2)
- This topic has 59 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by
14NyquisT.
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 23, 2021 at 9:47 am #173221
7:05 p.m.
RHP Jack Flaherty (9-2, 3.08) vs. RHP Zach Davies (6-11, 5.49)
ESPN+ // BSM // KMOX
Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MSSeptember 24, 2021 at 4:11 pm #173379How long do we anticipate Fletcher pitching in this one? 75-80 pitches? Or are they going 3-4 or 4-3 with him and Hudson?
Speaking of Hudson, when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school the principal’s name was Hudson. We used to call him Quack.
Anyway, I’ll miss Game 2 because I’ll be down at Jasper for the Evansville Central Bears at Jasper Wildcats football game tonight.
r/Esteemed Rat
September 24, 2021 at 4:21 pm #173383Not close to 75 pitches
September 24, 2021 at 4:46 pm #173384I’m hitting the sack. Somebody wake me up if we win number 14 tonight.
September 24, 2021 at 5:00 pm #173385
stlcard25ParticipantFlaherty will be an opener, basically. 1-2 innings max (maybe 15-20 pitches). Hudson has thrown as many as 68 pitches in the minors, I believe. I’d think he’d be good for 3-4 innings depending on how much he labors. Basically it makes sense to think of them as one starter for this game. I’d expect 3-5 innings from the duo.
September 24, 2021 at 5:42 pm #173386Sosa out 3-5 days. Bruised wrist. Dejong starting second game.
September 24, 2021 at 5:49 pm #173387Sosa out 3-5 days. Bruised wrist. Dejong starting second game.
I hadn’t seen this. Fantastic news given the possibilities.
September 24, 2021 at 5:52 pm #1733881982 willie
ParticipantWell that’s better news than I was expecting for Sosa even though schildt wasn’t real concerned about Sosa. Hopefully Dejong can channel early magic and be productive. It’s been pretty much a group effort offensively so hopefully that continues.
September 24, 2021 at 6:00 pm #1733891. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
5. Yadier Molina (R) C
6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
7. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
8. Paul DeJong (R) SS
9. Jack Flaherty (R) PSeptember 24, 2021 at 6:03 pm #173390Dejong just needs to hit some high pop ups tonight lol
September 24, 2021 at 6:04 pm #173391Also that Sosa info was on their MLB.com team page.
September 24, 2021 at 6:08 pm #173392I’d like to see PDJ and Nooty light up Wrigley tonight. In game fireworks.
September 24, 2021 at 6:27 pm #173393Tommy E. will definitely launch a long one in this one. I’m calling it 6-3 Cards with Lars Nootbaar also getting in on the HR action with a tater of his own. Had to out-do Rat in the din-din department, so I went over to a local restaurant and gulped down 7 catfish fiddlers. Pretty tasty treat I must say. And for the real big game of the evening, I like Evansville Central to absolutely pummel Jasper by the score of 44-9.
September 24, 2021 at 6:40 pm #173395The way things are going these last two weeks, I would not be surprised to see DeJong jack two into the bleachers, and make a standout defensive play.
It seems whatever Shidlt does turns golden.
From what I hear on Flaherty, as was posted he will be in an “opener” role. One inning, just to see how he looks and how he recovers.
If Flaherty, Hudson and Mikolas are all close to their top level ability, we will have an embarrassment of pitching potential in the post season, should we get there and get past the play-in game. And perhaps next year as well.
September 24, 2021 at 6:43 pm #173396My wife is off with her sister so din din was a sardine sandwich, Kalamata olives and a dill pickle. I’ll probably have a grape Nehi over ice later. The Klondike bars were an empty box in the fridge.
September 24, 2021 at 6:48 pm #173397I don’t know quite what to make of that din-din of your’s, Bling. With BicycleMike calling for DeJong to jack two, you just know at least one off his bat will be heading for Waveland.
September 24, 2021 at 6:59 pm #173398There is precious little food in the house Pugs. That talk about fiddlers got me to thinking about the fried whole catfish dinner at Hodak’s on Gravois. Haven’t been there for a couple years.
September 24, 2021 at 7:09 pm #173399My wife and her two daughters are road tripping it. I just got back home from doing the same thing. I had a beer and made a turkey sandwich with Swiss, home grown tomatoes, lettuce, Dorothy Lynch dressing, and a little mustard.
Gonna kick back and watch the game, although I will fall asleep before it is over. Have driven 20 hours over the last about 30. We have a daughter moving to the Pacific Northwest, and another moving from that area back here. I hauled a trailer load out, and now my wife and her two daughters (my step daughters) and headed out to move in and set up. I just got back this afternoon to take over the domestic part of things, which is mainly caring for our aged dog. What a crazy clan we have!!!
September 24, 2021 at 7:17 pm #1734001982 willie
ParticipantWe are getting it done so far. Outfielder should have had yadis ball but still well hit. Bader followed up with nice rbi hit. Would like to see bader steal
September 24, 2021 at 7:18 pm #1734011982 willie
ParticipantDejong could come up big here. Bader shouldn’t steal now but Dejong flies out anyway
September 24, 2021 at 7:23 pm #173402This is a 7 inning game as well correct?
September 24, 2021 at 7:23 pm #1734031982 willie
ParticipantFor flaherty to be meaningful in post season, he’s going to need to see more action before then. It’s possible if we sweep the cubs, we could clinch the spot this weekend. Then we could get him a longer start and get our rotation set. If we clinch and do it early, it’s going to be interesting how schildt sets up our rotation. Who do you go with for wild card game and so forth
September 24, 2021 at 7:29 pm #1734051982 willie
ParticipantWell flaherty was trying to nibble too much to wisdom. That 2-2 pitch needs to be a strike. Shouldn’t go full count to wisdom cause wisdom was figuring he would get a fastball and he did.
September 24, 2021 at 7:30 pm #1734061982 willie
ParticipantFlaherty already at his pitch count.
September 24, 2021 at 7:31 pm #173407We got Drew Robinson for Wisdom. Drew Who?
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
