2021 Cardinals MLB Game 125 thread – Saturday, August 28 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 125 thread – Saturday, August 28 at Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wainos throwing a jem again tonight. Can’t believe you guys trash Lazer Bader like that. His defense in CF has been more than enough to keep him on the field.

1982 willie
    Participant

Great players think they can catch every ball, that’s why they get to ones others only dream about.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

But talented players with no smarts make themselves less of a player. He’s fast. Just lives for that one that he does catch. Gotta play it smart.

1982 willie
    Participant

Wooster, where have you been. It’s a common thing. Funny how they didn’t trash edman for not catching a perfectly thrown ball to the infield. It’s selective judgement.

1982 willie
    Participant

So is edman not smart. I’ve seen arenado mess up and not get an out by throwing to second a couple of times too late, is he not smart

bccran
    Participant

We all have a right to our opinions willie. Oh, and by the way. Please criticize the post. Not the poster. Thank you.

bccran
    Participant

Edman came to us from Stanford, where he was an engineering student.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok I’ve seen enough….13-0…..time to call off the dogs, skipper Shildt!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nootbaar don’t need no stinkin lights on to hit a baseball. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Pirates must be challenging the Astros in the “do whatever it takes to gain an edge” category. As the ball left the pitcher’s hand, some of the lights noticeably went out. Nootbaar swung anyway and got a double in the dark.

1982 willie
    Participant

I have a right to my opinion same as you bcccran. Difference is I’m not selective in my criticism. I also don’t like bullies online or otherwise, and I will stick up for the players or another poster if they are being bullied. Edman being from Stanford and being an engineer has nothing to do with baseball IQ or necessarily being smart in the regular sense of the word. Plus I did criticize the post not the poster. If you feel otherwise, can’t help you.

1982 willie
    Participant

13 runs who would have thunk it. This is how we should be playing against the pirates.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Had trouble gettin my stream going Willie. Just caught the last 3 innings. Saw that with Nooty EURO – wasn’t sure what was going on with the lights. Probably the grounds crew messing with our batters. They’ll turn the sprinklers on us soon. Not Pirates night , payback for the 7-11 flip the other night!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

This poster has some thick skin. No big deal. Surely I didn’t just read that Bader compared to Arenado defensively.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we might close another game closer to the reds here. Bottom line though it’s going to come down to actually beating the reds when we play them.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wooster, you might be right about the sprinklers. Bet they’ve got a valve that controls just the one sprinkler head that sprays the batters box.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Nootster is working up a respectable batting line and OPS+. BA with RISP was well over .400 going into tonight. A clutch hitter could find his way into the lineup next year, at least vs righties, if he looks good the rest of the way.

1982 willie
    Participant

No didn’t really compare arenado and bader just compared his gaffs to your thoughts of baders play last night. Baders was an error of hustle, arenados errors of judgement though I guess you could argue that for both.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s take a quick gander at the NL out-of-town scoreboard shall we? They play in the 9th in NY with the Mets holding a 5-3 advantage over Washington’s Nats. Michael Conforto the big blow for NY with a 3 run 7th inning tater. Pillar has chipped in with a couple solo shots as well. In Philadelphia, 6’6 Kyle Gibson pitched 6 inning of beautiful baseball to silence Arizona’s bats. Gibson surrendered just 3 hits and no free passes and Herrera and Segura belted solo blasts in the Phillies 7-0 thumping of the Diamondbacks. In the sunshine State, Miami drilled the Reds 6-1. The Marlins streaked right out of the blocks early by tattooing Cincinnati starter, Vladimir Gutierrez, with 5 1st inning tallies….Sanchez administering the big blow….a towering 443 bomb to dead center. In Georgia, Atlanta’s Braves were shut down and shut out by Logan Webb and two San Francisco relievers this evening. 5-0 Giants your final with Yaz Jr. and La Stella drilling dingers for the victors. Significant inter-league games of interest saw Milwaukee losing to Minnesota 6-4 and the cubbies shocking their heavily favored cross town rival White Sox by the score of 7-0.

1982 willie
    Participant

Closing in on a shutout hopefully. We haven’t had too many laughers like this.

1982 willie
    Participant

Got two series vs reds, one vs brewers, one vs dodgers coming up. I think obviously that this period of time will more than likely tell the tale far as our playoff chances.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We win ! Turn on the sprinklers!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

3.5 out of WC2.

Dare we even think it?

1982 willie
    Participant

We can dare but we need to finish strong tomorrow. It’s going to get a lot tougher coming up though.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Bader seems to make a lotta those hustling errors lately. Trying to overcome his weak bat. I don’t know if I’ve missed something here, but willie if you are related to Bader or something I apologize. I have no hatred for any player. I love Carp. But when a player is substandard, imo, I also have the right to express my opinion. I thought it was partially what a forum is about. To cuss and discuss. Thing is Carp at one time was a great bat for the Cards. He gets a tiny break from me because of that. I call it as I see it.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well kscardfan, how any errors are you seeing, I’m not seeing that many. Three of the supposed errors they gave him should have been given to somebody else. Now they could have been taken away later I don’t know. Two should have been given to edman, one a ball went right through edmans mitt,gave it to bader, the other was tonight cause edman instead of staying on second and catching the ball, back up for some odd reason, ball hits bag skips away. The third one was one that should have been on Carlson cause he’s the one that fumbled the ball, bader never touched it. You mention last night but you fail to mention the great throw he made to keep us ahead by one late in the game. That’s not counting the good play he made tonight. I can think of at least five great plays just in the last two weeks he’s made out there that nobody else would have made and probably about 3 runs at least he saved just in the last couple of weeks and that wasn’t counting last night. The funny thing is the people that say this stuff against bader never say anything nice when he does well. So all that tells me is they are haters with a personal agenda. Just this night he makes a great play, and he gets called a prima Donna. Yea that’s real good baseball analysis there. I know baseball particularly defense so I dont really need to go into it or even look up stats for that matter. But you can if you want, his stats won’t match what you say. But that’s ok, it’s your opinion. I can just check off that you don’t like hustle guys, cause hustle guys will make those hiccups every now and then while the other guys will just stop and let the ball fall in for a hit. To some people that players all right cause he doesn’t make those mistakes you are talking about but to me he’s just average cause he doesn’t make the exceptional plays and those are the plays that save runs and games.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.