2021 Cardinals MLB Game 120 thread – Sunday, August 22 vs. Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 120 thread – Sunday, August 22 vs. Pirates

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice inning for us. Goldy dinger and some guys on base. I would love to see Bader get his hitting going again. He was tearing it up a couple weeks ago. Seems he had his big interview post game and went into hibernation. Was scorching the ball last night all left side foul.With his speed he could be a great leadoff guy. Just needs to get really good at the plate. Hes definitely got the potential. Pretty much have to play him for his defense.

bccran
    Participant

He’s an embarrassment right now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah bccran fighting it out with DeJung for last spot in the order.

bccran
    Participant

Both of them are embarrassments. As is Carpenter.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh bader is an embarrassment thing. He only generally makes run saving catches, far moreso than any other player on team. Oneil does pretty good as well. Yea he is struggling at plate but arenado hasn’t been hitting well either. Throw in a few others that get a hit here or there. The word embarrassment doesn’t apply here but I guess some just don’t understand.

bccran
    Participant

I understand, willie, and embarrassment is the proper word for Bader, DeJong, and Carpenter. It doesn’t apply to O’Neill.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino truly is aging akin to the finest of fine wines harvested in Napa Valley.

Tuna out of a vending machine? You’re a brave man, Bling. Amtrak trip….sweet! Please tell us of your plans….after the game so to please Cranny and the powers that be. I’ve been seriously contemplating a cross country train trip….thought it would be kind of neat being off the beaten path touching coyetes and the like.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No bccran it is not the proper word to use for anyone. We have scored 3 runs today, Harrison accounted for one. I hope not too many people take you seriously cause you don’t have anything to offer to any conversation about baseball. Anyone that makes fun of players and using disparaging adjectives to describe them has no business being a fan of a team especially one as good as Cardinals. You would fit in over at the cubs though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to win the finale. But doesn’t change the fact we lost a series to a team we should dominate. But still revel in the victory of today

bccran
    Participant

Willie – you want to compare fanhood? I’ve been a rabid fan of the Cards since the early 1950s. You?

bccran
    Participant

Willie –

Carpenter this season –
    .187/.320/.304/.624
    His salary is $18.5 million.
    You don’t think he’s embarrassed by that?

DeJong this season. –
    .201/.291/.388/.679
    He makes $4.166 million.
    You don’t think he’s embarrassed?

Bader in August –
    .164/.252/.164/.418
    You don’t think he’s embarrassed?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wouldn’t dare engage Willie in fanhood debate, Cranny. I know he’d wax me .

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Yeah smart people calling out STUD defensive CF an embarrassment got to love the lack of baseball knowledge!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Castellanos, Marte, Conforto, Canha all could be available. Throw in Conforto or Marte with O’Neill and Carlson. Noot your 4th OFer. Add Story, or better yet Semien, insert Sosa at 2nd. Edman could go back to being what he is. Ehh just a thought. Bader’s bat is an embarrassment year in and year out. He is a pretty good OF. Makes some great catches but also a few blunders trying to make those great catches. He’s no Edmonds that’s for sure. Too much ‘hey look at me’ there.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Length of time means nothing or age for that matter if you didn’t learn good manners during that time. There’s ways to say a player isn’t doing his job or whatever without using negative words. Funny how when bader was hot, I didn’t hear a peep from you. You know why, cause I knew soon as it goes a lite south which it does for all players at times, you would be right there to be disrespectful again. A good fan gives props when it is due and acknowledges failure when it isn’t. Calling any of the players disparaging terms isn’t part of being a good fan. With fans like that, you don’t need enemies. I’m done with this because it hasn’t anything to do with the game but I’m sure it won’t be the last time I have to speak up against this stuff.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey guys, howcum y’all are dwelling on embarrassments tonight when we should be wall-to-wall grins over Waino’s performance. He brought us some joy in a not overly joyous season.

Rah Waino!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just thought about the game and missed it all. I also missed Wainwright’s complete game gem a week or so ago. So, I’ll make sure I miss his next start too. 😉

That’s 7 consecutive quality starts and 10 of the last 11. The old guy has been impressive. Pugs is right, he is aging gracefully.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh while I was writing you throw out some stats. That is at least better than names or disparaging terms. Of course no mention of what he did last month. Also no mention of the defensive effort guys have given particularly bader since he’s saved quite a few runs with his defensive play. Again I don’t care about his performance in this situation, it’s about the name calling and disparaging terms. I could get more personal but I’m not, but I will stick up for the players against a online bully.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep waino was excellent. We would have been out of it a long time ago if not for him.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We may have won this one today but Reyes came within about a foot of blowing another one. I’ve said it tons of times, he is an accident waiting to happen. At this point he has to be considered a disappointment along with Goldschmidt and Arenado.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes Reyes always seems to be on the edge of chaos. I don’t consider him a disappointment though.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Cran you are 100% correct. True Cardinal fans expect better from Management. Running guys out there that suck over and over and over expecting them to do better is not the way to build a winner. . If you spend 50 years as a fan of a Team you have earned the right to say whatever you damned please.

bccran
    Participant

Calling players an embarrassment is calling it like it is.
    Huge salaries and very little to show for it? Yes, there’s no other way to describe it but embarrassing. Bader? Sure I’ll give him credit for a very good July. Then this disastrous month. How about May, when he was .217/.304/.420/724. Will the real Harrison Bader please stand up.

Good fans can laud when warranted and be critical when warranted. Just part of being a fan, willie.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

pugs I have done Amtrac a few times, so I am nearly as much an expert as I am about all aspects of running a baseball organization. The thing to keep in mind is that if there is a tangle it is not a recoverable situation like it is if you are at an airport and alternative arrangements can be worked out.

Here we were headed from STL to KC by Amtrac, with travel connections to be made there. We had stopped to spend a few days drinking wine and eating sauerbraten in Hermann, about a third of the way across the state. The train was to be two hours late, so what do you do? A group of 5 other travelers got together and paid a Lyft driver $200 to drive them to the airport in STL so they could get somewhere other than Hermann. We decided to get a room, lick our wounds and untangle our travel logistics over a nice Pinot Noir. I will let you know what happens when it does.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice stab at the wall by Nooty to finish off the game. Took my nightmare scenario away- possible reoccurance of a 9th inning debacle. But sometimes baseball is not for the faint of heart. Drama anybody? Waino with another pitchers clinic. What a year hes having! Euros in a terrible spot now. Waino pitches jems when he doesn’t see the games. Like being in solitary confinement. How you gonna get out of this one? CIF I’m with ya on winning them. But like Pugs says maybe they need some tough love. They seem to be hitting in streaks but all over the order. Maybe baseball bingo with the batting order will have better results. Chance says you should get 50/50 results. May be better than human logic. If this season turns into a lost cause I’d give it a try and see what happens. Right now we still have something to play for. Bader did get a rbi hit today so see our criticism is already working.Go Cardinals!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years