2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Wednesday, August 11 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Wednesday, August 11 at Pirates

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Yea Wooster I agree about bader. He does sometimes take one right there though maybe he was looking for a different type of pitch. He did hit the ball well the second time up, just a good play by outfielder. I just feel he’s just a little too close to the plate at times anyway. Just hard to hit strikes inside fair anyway. I did read so mething on him today about how he’s turned it around but isn’t barreling up as many balls as he used to. I think they have adjusted to him like this, so now he has to make another adjustment. Just life for most hitters in the MLB. If you can’t adjust you don’t stay.

1982 willie
    Participant

I’m smelling a complete game for waino here. I know it’s Pittsburgh but he’s been great tonight.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willer I think Baders alot better hitter now. He was on fire awhile back
    Waino may go complete. I think hes at around 80 pitches. Saw him stretching a bit last inning. Just don’t want him to hurt hinself. Hes really good tonight!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great moment right now. Waino complete game shutout. Kudos to Bader for 3 circus catches tonight. Lots of hits too. Good game to watch. Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

9 IP, 88 pitches, 2 H, 0 BB. Wow. The rest of our rotation just got schooled.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Goldschmidt reached base four times tonight so there is that.

Wainwright pulls a Greg Maddox with a complete game shutout in under 100 pitches. He doesn’t look ready for retirement to me.

1982 willie
    Participant

Awesome game by waino. Our big guys still arent doing it in money time but we passed muster tonight led by the old guy himself. Great defense by bader tonight though. He didn’t hit bit that’s the thing about good defensive guys. That still plays even when they aren’t hitting.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Wainwright turned by the clock tonight.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lucky for Waino he’s not getting paid by the pitch.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Reds just lost to the Braves tonight at Fulton County Stadium in Atlanta. 8-6 the Braves in 11 innings. The Reds had a 6-5 lead in the last of the 11th and at one point were one strike away. They couldnt get that last strike and the batter walked. Albies then walked it off with a three run homer off of Sims.

Votto was 4-5 with two homeruns.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Been focused on house projects tonight and just checked the box score. Wow, Wainwright must’ve been fun to watch. He’s going to be 40 later this month and seems to be giving Father Time the middle finger.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wait, you don’t have to throw 98 MPH to get people out?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MIL +23
    SDP +16
    STL +1

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Molina gets his first XBH hit since June 28th .People bitch about TO and Goldy and Arenado yet kiss Molinas ass .What BS.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Meh, Molina has earned his accolades and as a catcher he can do many other things that affect the game outside of hitting.

Do the Cards need to start transitioning away from him – yeah probably – but he’s a first ballot HoF.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First Ballot -LMFAO…..HOF yes after a few years probably.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.