2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Sunday, August 8 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Sunday, August 8 vs. Royals

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Storm is past here. Overcast with very light sprinkle. Lot of rumbling to the east toward downtown. I see Lester’s game score is 36. Ouch.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lane Thomas in first 3 games with Nat’s AAA team, .385, 3 RBI, HR. They probably figure they picked our pocket.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Checked on Gant. For the Twins, 4 appearance, 4.2 IP, 1.93 ERA, 7 K, 1 BB. Sisk in AA 5 hits and 6 walks in 4 IP.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

According to the Doppler Radar the game should resume in about an hour. That would be about 6:30 St. Louis time.

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Hopefully the delay will destroy the Royal’s momentum….

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Reyes not exactly “lights out” today

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe we will see a walk off.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That crowd behind home plate reminds me of a minor league game after a rain delay

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Scrappy game so far. Turned in to a close one.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cards lose 6-5.

The only consolation is that the Brewers lost to San Francisco 5-4. Reds down the Pirates 3-2. And the WhiteSox got five runs in the first at Wrigley off of Davies.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some ragged play cost us. That and Lester’s 36 game score. Back below .500

I’m thinking this is how its going to play out the rest of the way.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes let it get away. Of course getting bases loaded and no outs and not scoring did it as well. It seems we do that a lot. We just have no consistentcy day to day up and down the lineup.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We seem destined to finish 81-81.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our poor D cost us at least 2 runs. O’Neill and Goldy both had wild throws.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

If we’re lucky.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Without being able to watch the game, I didn’t see what happened in extras. Did I understand correctly that Goldy threw wild on a possible double play?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I meant the 9th inning. The rain delay was long enough that I had it in my head that it was extra innings

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we’re lucky

If we’re not gonna make the playoffs this year, I’d rather they fall apart completely so they can get a decent draft pick for a change.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we’re not gonna make the playoffs this year, I’d rather they fall apart completely so they can get a decent draft pick for a change.

I agree. It is difficult to improve when you finish middle of the pack. It would be nice to get a top 10 pick at least once.

Shildt, Mo, and DeWitt would probably disagree though. If we collapse Shildt would fear losing his job while Mo and DeWitt would fear losing ticket sales, which are already dwindling.

14NyquisT
    Participant

stl25:

Right now we would be getting draft pick #12.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing says we won’t end up with a top 10 pick anyway.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whether you want your team to tank or not, so to obtain better draft position, has always been a tough call for me. Back when my Packers used to suck, when T-Rex’s roamed our terrain, this seemed to be a yearly dilemma for me. Rooting for your favorite team to lose just has that defeatist air about it. And it’s a really unnatural act…..for most people. There is little doubt that people like Bob Gibson, Whitey Herzog, Pete Rose or say a Ty Cobb, just couldn’t embrace losing…..under any circumstances. But sometimes it’s simply the smart play.

Viewing 22 posts - 26 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years