2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Sunday, August 8 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 111 thread – Sunday, August 8 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    LHP Jon Lester (3-6, 5.38) vs. LHP Kris Bubic (3-5, 4.57)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What, no posts in this thread yet?

Anxious to see Lester pitch again today. Hope he can rebound. He couldnt be any worse than he was the other night. The intangible factor here is that he’s got probably the worst umpire in baseball behind the plate today in Angel Hernandez.

And speaking of Angel Hernandez, I thought it was clearly obvious that Rondon was safe last night on the pickoff attempt by Salvador Perez. Not sure how that call wasnt reversed.

Din-din today will be some fried chicken in the air fryer, a couple ears of Aces High sweet corn, a piece of angel food cake, and a root beer. Then a couple of cigars as I start watching the Pirates/Reds before I switch over to the Royals/Cards game.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s I am more anxious to see Erica Weston today than I am Jon Lester..:)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    5. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Jon Lester (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Somebody else should pitch the first and let Lester come in after that. First inning problem solved.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Not a bad idea Bling.Think that was a thing a few years back.A reverse closer. I might remember that from the 80’s I think. I do remember the extra innings game when we ran out of pitchers and Oquendo pitched in like the 18th or 19th inning or something.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

On the replays I saw Rats both Rondon and Edman were safe at the supposed tag-outs last night.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi not batting somewhere in the O’Neill, Edman and Bader rabbit zone. They’re free!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

As I digest my cantaloupe, lamb chops, brown rice and grilled tomatoes, I’m feeling pretty good about this game. I may even have a Magnum double chocolate after a couple innings.

Holy moley Carlson starts things off with a bang.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Brown rice and grilled rice sounds good CIF as well as cantaloupe and lamb chops! Our din-din was Olive Garden endless soup and salad and hot bread sticks. Chicken nocci and pasta fajouli yum-yum.
    Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Need a dp here

Wooster
    Participant

Free

What a bs call. Pitch hit the strap hanging off the arm guard on the batter.HBP!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Three walks to load the bases with no one out, then fail to score. Does our team really think they have a chance to make the post season? Not playing like that, they won’t.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Knizners not helping himself this game- missed the force and lame tap back to the mound on bases loaded.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Great throw by O’Neill. Knizner shoulda caught it and made the putout.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This is not good baseball. Throw the ball, catch the ball. It’s that simple.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

KC tried to give us the game early but we wouldn’t take it. Now its really getting bad. I think they need to get out of town for awhile.

David
    Participant

Free

Hearing the announcers speak about missed opportunities in today’s game, you’d think that was a rare thing for this team.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Thank goodness our color man provided us with the thoughtful insight that not only is it important to get runners on base but it is equally important to drive them in. Wish I’d thought of that.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Can we finally get something out of Holland here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its raining prodigiously 10 miles SW of Busch. Wind, lightning, thunder.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well that raised spirits a bit. Let’s not let it get away from us now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking to hand it back to them.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still lightning and thunder, heavy rain here.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yes CIF hope we can finish it before it rains I’m gettin hungry again. Couple guys no hits yet today but that was a good inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oh-oh still tied and here it comes.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years