2021 Cardinals MLB Game 103 thread – Friday, July 30 vs. Twins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 103 thread – Friday, July 30 vs. Twins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    LHP Wade LeBlanc (0-2, 4.58) vs. RHP José Berrios (7-5, 3.48)
    BSM//KMOX//WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, it doesnt look like Scherzer is going to be a Cardinal. Appears to be heading to the Padres. At least we wont have to deal with Rizzo anymore. He was a pain for years. Wish him well with the Yankees though.

If the Redbirds are going to make any kind of run we need to start this weekend with Minnesota. Then we have the Braves and KC at home. Then road games at Pittsburgh and KC. We need to go 11-4, or better. Like Elvis’ song goes – “It’s Now Or Never!”

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Love that song. I bet if Rat were to bellow that tune out to the Gasthof faithful, he’d have all of the ladies eating out of the palm of his hand.

I feel real strong with “Lucky” LeBlanc dealing in this game. I’m calling it 7-4 Birds with Aro going airborne with a 2 run tater to left.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And now it’s being reported that Scherzer to Padres isnt a done deal. And that the Dodgers are in the mix for him as well.

Wish he was coming to St. Louis instead of the west coast…….

mspaid
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals aren’t going to do anything (worthwhile). They were never going to do anything. They said that before the season started and have said it many times since. “We want to see what we have in the system.” They’ll go with what they have and hope for the best in 2021. Mo will play the waiver wire for more superstars but that’s it’

ZTR
    Participant

Free

As hard as it is to watch right now, doing nothing with the 2021 Cards may be the best plan for the 2022 Cards.

They sit 9 1/2 back in the division and 7 out for the 2nd WC. 60 games left.

Sure, it could happen but its highly unlikely and would take not only great baseball from the Cards the rest of the way but also hideous baseball from a couple / three teams around us.

May be best to sort through what we have to add crystal clarity to what the team really needs for 2022.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think the Cardinals will make any big moves today, nor should they. The only reason they should acquire a player is if that player has team for control for another year or two. That is less shopping they would have to do in the offseason under the new CBA rules.

They certainly don’t need to trade any prospects for a rental since we aren’t a playoff team this year anyway. If anything they should sell some players but they probably won’t.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

By the way, I think LeBlanc has been a decent pickup. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back next year on a cheap one year deal as a 5th starter candidate or bullpen depth.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are not going to do anything significant today. The only things a contender would want that we might possibly part with would be Reyes or Gallegos. But then we would need a new Reyes or Gallegos going into next year.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Yep… LeBlanc would be a good guy to have around next season. Going into ’22 the rotation again has question marks everywhere….. Flaherty-Hudson-Mikolas(injuries?) Wainwright-Kim (subject to re-upping?) AReyes (PB or rotation?) and then there’s Woodford-Ponce-Oviedo (who can find some balance?) ARondon-Thomas (just big?s). LeBlanc has more value staying with us… but he will be 37 next week. Sign him just for some depth. He’s less of a question mark then most of the fore-mentioned group.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It would be good to have a couple Leblancs on the books going into next year. He will probably be able to answer the bell and has been around long enough to know how to pitch. He might get hit around but at least we can try to defense that. I am really tired of the standard issue hard thrower who can’t stay healthy or can’t throw strikes and will not last long enough to learn the craft.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jose Berrios was traded to the Jays this afternoon.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Seems like his name should be Jack Griffin – sort of like I always referred to the newly departed Lane Thomas as Tommy Lane. Sounds more baseball-like. 😀

If this pitcher with a last name ending in “x” is even half the hurler of the previous one, he will be a good one.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    Yadier Molina (R) C
    Harrison Bader (R) CF
    Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    Paul DeJong (R) SS
    Wade LeBlanc (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tonight we make it one in a row.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we give up a rbi hit to the guy in front of the pitcher. Not really smart. I guess he was struggling plus you could have pitcher leading off but I don’t know. Too good of a pitch.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

There goes the shutout for Mr. Le-Blank.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

DeJong flirts with the foul pole in left field – last game it was right field. He must use all fields?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

So Rats dud you go to the Gusthoff or what?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Time to quit swinging for the fences and move some stranded runners over. Go for the long ball when you get a lead

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well so far an average pitcher is holding us down. Need to get the bats going

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice inning two sac flys and we’re on the board!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Single, stolen base, advance to 3B on a fly out, score on a sac fly. That’s how St Louis does it.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Well so far an average pitcher is holding us down.

Bad matchup for the Redbirds. I think they have historically struggled against pitchers whose last names end in x.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think they have historically struggled against relatively new pitchers. We tend to make them look like hall of famers.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years