2020 Rotation

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Rotation

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

I apologize for my offseason absence, but with the season around the corner I will be more of a contributor again instead of an offseason observer.

That being said, I have laid out what I see as the projected rotation right now below with a few questions. I could be way off so would appreciate some feedback.

Assumption: full health for anyone not assumed out for the year

My thought is we have 3 pretty much set in stone:

1. Jack
    2. Dakota
    3. Miles

Even though I don’t think this should be the case, I will pencil Wainwright in as 4 but I hope they have a quick hook with him if he doesn’t perform:

4. Wainwright
    5. Kim

Beyond that, what does everyone think about this order for next man up? Am I way off here?

6. PDL
    7. Gomber
    8. Helsley?

How do we see Carlos and Reyes factoring in at this point? I am assuming both are still thought to be wild cards in this situation.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I would bet CMart will be in the rotation at the start of the season. Let’s see how he does today. I know you said assuming full health for anyone not out for the year, but we know Mikolas is currently in shutdown mode and won’t be available at the start of the season, to say the least. I’m hoping Gomber emerges as a solid factor too — we know there’ll be an opportunity at some point.

Participant

Free

Yeah that assumption explicitly stated Mikolas at first, but I deleted that piece. Guess I should have kept it in haha

Participant

Paid - Annual

At the start of the season I think we go with:

1. Flaherty
    2. Hudson
    3. CMart
    4. Waino
    5. Kim

6. Ponce
    7. Gomber

Hopefully Mikolas won’t be out for long.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with gscottar’s group. When Miles comes back, I think either Waino or Kim drops from the rotation.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With all the off days early in the year a 5th starter isn’t really needed. Perhaps they keep an extra reliever.

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

Flaherty,Martinez,Hudson,Waino,Ponce to open. Gomber looked pretty good to me the other day. Haven’t got a chance to see much of Kim.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Kim cannot be sent to the minors without his consent, so unless he is injured again, he will be on the opening roster.

Participant

Free

After CMarts five shutout innings just now, as long as he stays healthy and recovers well from tonights outing, he’s in. Due to only having him for 2 years, if Kim, Ponce and Gomber are viewed as “equal”, I see them giving him the spot to Kim to open the season. Ponce and Gomber would easily make over half the rotations in baseball. It’s great to have that depth, just unfortunate for the player.

JF, CMart, Kim, Hudson, Waino would be my guess as to how they will line them up. Kim has looked very good the times I was able to watch him. Secondly, I’m sure the fact that he’s a lefty helps his cause also.

As all Cards fans do, I love Waino, but when is the gas tank going to run out? I hope it’s not this year, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Good luck guessing the BP!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

With reports of Gomber and PDL looking outstanding this Spring id there any realistic chance of them displacing Waino in the rotation with Waino going to the pen?

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

With the expanded roster I use either Gomber or Kim as a lr for the nights Wainwright starts. Quick hook with a very capable replacement.

Participant

Free

I like gscottars group as well. Of course, we all know injuries will happen and some may struggle, so its kind of wait and see.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If Waino struggles coming out of the chute in April, I wonder how much leash he will have.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years