2020 Division Series

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Division Series

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Note: The Dodgers barely won, by one run, 6-5, putting LA up 2-0.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Dodgers sweep the Padres I won’t be disappointed.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We could be looking at Mr. October II with “The Cuban Rocket”. And we had him. Certainly no one is poised just yet to anoint Arozarena as the next Roberto Clemente. But, we are looking at the tangible possibility that our Arozarena for Liberatore trade could end up being on par with the Brock for Boglio transaction…….and that is scary.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It would be far scarier and far more devastating if the trade had been with the Brewers or Reds or Cubs, but I get the fear. If teams weren’t already scared of trading with the Rays, they should be now.

One very small part of me likes anything that makes life tougher for the Yankees and Red Sox…

Participant

Paid - Annual

If teams weren’t already scared of trading with the Rays, they should be now.

And if you’re the Cardinals, why not use this to your advantage? They already trust us as suitable suckers. Mo should engage the Rays in more trade discussions this post season. See who they covet and then……hang the heck on to them!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I have said many times that the Rays rarely ever lose a trade. It is uncanny and I suspect luck has nothing to do with it. You don’t crank out winning seasons consistently on one of the lowest payrolls in MLB by being dumb.

Having said that I still don’t blame Mo too much for trading Arozarena or Voit. I always like Randy but I don’t know if too many people ever projected him to be a star. I doubt it.

No, my main beef with Mo are the big contracts to aging players who are no longer productive. That is what is really holding this team back. We are completely stifled because of it. There are many to choose from but the Carp contract has been the most egregious. I don’t blame Carp for taking the money but that extension has killed our chances of improving this team.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Post by Ratsbuddy moved from another thread:

Why are two of the worst umpires in the game both given assignments in the League Division Series? I am referring to CB Bucknor and Angel Hernandez.

Anybody know why?

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Paid - Annual

Gscottar – I’m only responding because of your comments about Arozarena. Some people may indeed have predicted that Randy could become a star, or at least a very productive major leaguer. In 2019 be played at AA, AAA, and briefly at the ML level. In only 111 games combined, he scored 69 runs and had 26 doubles, 4 triples, 16 home runs, 55 RBI, and 19 stolen bases. His slash lines were –

AA – .309/.422/.515/.937
    AAA – .358/.435/.593/1.038
    ML – .300/.391/.500/.891

That blows away O’Neill, Bader, and Thomas. Never should have traded him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I liked Randy also and would have liked to have kept him but I certainly didn’t expect him to blow up like this, nor do I remember many on this board expecting him to become a star. Like others have mentioned before let’s see what Liberatore does before closing the book on this trade.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Liberatore is going to be a fine pitcher. But since we’re so weak on offense I’d rather see us trade from pitching depth and get a good bat or two so we have more balance. It’s a three legged stool – pitching, defense, and offense.

Some of us felt we weren’t as deep in OF talent as Mo obviously felt. And the keepers for sure were Carlson and Arozarena.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years