2020 Cardinals Game #57 – Sat, Sept. 26 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #57 – Sat, Sept. 26 vs. Brewers

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another frustrating offensive performance. Cannot hit when you have a chance to put away a divisional foe.

Participant

Free

It’s been clear this team needs another big bat in the middle, but you could say it also needs a couple of good table setters as well. It’s just not a good mix at all. The front office has its work cut out for them in the offseason. Hoping for a win tomorrow. We will see.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s it. No one on this team is hitting besides Carlson it seems. Even Goldy’s splits the last 7 games (.566 OPS), 15 games (.674 OPS), and 30 games (.722 OPS) are very meh.

Participant

Free

Its stale to me. Goldy has no help and teams don’t fear the guy in front or behind him in the order. His numbers this season surprise me not. I know it probably isn’t a very popular opinion but Wong should be move on and so should a few more. We’ve all spoken of Carpenter and Fowler, but there needs to be a refresh of this team’s everyday lineup. Weird year 2020 but we have seen this same product for several years in a row now and it just isn’t that fun to watch.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

we got aced

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry Minuteman. If we don’t win tomorrow then we flat out don’t deserve October baseball. 0-9-0 runs scored in the last 3 games. If the recent trend holds, the boys will be lugging some lumber with them for tomorrow’s series finale.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna
    Voit
    Arozarena

Right now the Cardinals rank last in the entire major leagues in home runs.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Pretty much to be expected from this club. They can get things rolling every 5th or 6th game, but I am not sure they have put a stretch of 4 to 5 runs per game more than maybe 2 or 3 consecutive games all season.

I think they will get back in the win column tomorrow, but it will be another low scoring close contest where you are not sure until that last out is made.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by bicyclemikebicyclemike.
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna
    Voit
    Arozarena

Right now the Cardinals rank last in the entire major leagues in home runs.

Go root for someone else.

Participant

Free

Pugs wrote: If we don’t win tomorrow then we flat out don’t deserve October baseball.

I have agree with that but then I think they still to trot to Detroit and put on a show don’t they. Somebody mentioned the need of a big bat and I am of the opinion that we have one coming, Dylan Carlson, but it takes time to grow big bats.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really, 25? With all the concerned comments on this thread saying things about the offense, you pick out one poster to tell them they should root for someone else? Why is that, 25?

Participant

Free

I have agree with that but then I think they still to trot to Detroit and put on a show don’t they. Somebody mentioned the need of a big bat and I am of the opinion that we have one coming, Dylan Carlson, but it takes time to grow big bats.

I agree Carlson is most likely going to be that other big bat. But you are right it takes time and in the interim they will.have to add another one from outside the organization. they also need to get a couple of others that can hit the ball as well and get on base. The approach they have right now just isn’t working.

ZTRZTR
    Participant

Free

This team needs a new GM.

If not for the expanded playoffs they would be missing the playoffs 4 of 5 years.

That’s on the GM.

Mostly horrible trades for several years.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Mostly horrible trades for several years.

ZTR… I get what you are saying and I’m with you. What’s missing is the FA signings and contract extensions that are holding this team hostage financially. All of that is on him. To be fair… he brought in Goldschmidt and Gallegos (though costly) and he signed Kim.

We owe plenty of $$$ to players that aren’t producing but having to play them because of the $$$ just adds to his sour legacy.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I put some of the blame on Mo for a slow trigger over the past year, but I also put some on the players that aren’t producing. Experienced players that he counted on, as well as young players that he gave a chance to – Carpenter, Fowler, DeJong, Bader, O’Neill, Thomas, etc.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals only know one way to do things and that is the hard way. It wouldn’t surprise me if we end up going to Detroit and then squeak in at the very end of game 2.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Avatargscottar.
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pederson is terrible against lefties. 36 homeruns last year and all 36 against righties. Are we sure we would be interested in him???

Participant

Paid - Annual

That is why I have proposed having him as platoon bat for DH. In my scenario he would hit against righties only.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Who would hit against lefties?

Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill, Ravelo, Fowler, Dean, etc….

Participant

Paid - Annual

Not great options.

Participant

Free

bcran, it looks to me like you are wanting the front office and scouting staff fired. You don’t like the fact they traded off Arozarena and Voit and then didn’t offer a large enough contract to Ozuna despite the fact he doesn’t play very good defense.

Viewing 23 posts - 26 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years