2020 Cardinals Game #56 – Fri, Sept. 25 vs. (at) Brewers DH Game 2

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #56 – Fri, Sept. 25 vs. (at) Brewers DH Game 2

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman goes yard and it’s 5-0 Cards!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reds have taken a 4-1 lead on the Twins in Minnesota so it will be important to maintain the tie.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Tampa seizes a 2 run advantage over Philadelphia….. that’s a baseball match you don’t see all that often.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

I have made a rare trip out of the homestead to drink a lemon beer

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just thinking out loud here…..does anybody know if there are two ML teams who have not faced each other yet? Just off the top of my head, I do not ever recall the Mariners squaring off against the Phillies.

Participant

Free

Haha it’s terrible poetry. I cannot yield the name as he is still alive! But Wodehouse is the place for poetry. I learn more classics from Jeeves than I ever did in college!

Participant

Paid - Annual

You cannot drink just one lemon beer, UCONN. It’s always a good thing to set goals……your goal tonight is to drink 8 lemon beers, UCONN. Have it in you??

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Not even in my prime, pugs!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet pieces of work indeed, So_Cal_Cards! Cards now with 2 on and 2 out….looking to put this game on ice.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok just 6 , UCONN. Drink 5 more for the Gipper!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bases juiced for Dylan Carlson. He had a lot of these chances earlier in this season. More comfortable Dylan should handle this better.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson with the two run poke and it’s 7-0 Cards!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson is a runaway freight train! Two run single extends the St. Louis advantage to 7-0 and this one is now right on the fringe of being called a laugher.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two more runs score on the single by Wieters. Ok, get that feeling, boys, and save a few runs for tomorrow.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s now official…..this game is a laugher. 9-0 on the Wieters 2 run single to center.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Only if they’re 2-oz pours, Pugs

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I had these games pegged almost to a “T”, but put the first game as the blow out win and second one as the low scoring loss.

But that’s what baseball does – just when you think you have it figured out it humbles you.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

I’d pull ponce now in case he has to pitch Monday. He’s already pitched on three days rest earlier in the season. And he cannot warm a no hitter in 7.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Excellent call, BikeMike. Wish you had predicted two laugher wins and been right.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Indeed! But I am too much a realist to predict that. These next two are the tough ones. I think runs will be hard to come by for our club in both games, and somehow we need to get a strong pitching effort to get at least one of them.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whitley got a couple of quick outs in the 9th before two batters on. Now the fly out to O’Neill. Nice work by Ponce and the lineup got some runs. 9-1 and 29-27 for the season.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is Ponce’s first win as a starter in 20 starts. Quite a win, indeed.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m going to guess many of those 20 GS he didn’t go the 5 IP required to get the win?

Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years