2020 Cardinals Game #53 – Wed. Sep. 23 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #53 – Wed. Sep. 23 at Royals

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

The “word of the day” re Martinez isn’t fit for posting on this MB, jj.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt is hitting .302 just think what those numbers would be if he had ANYONE worth a damn batting behind him. One player at .300 or above, why the Royals are winning the State this year.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll bet it isn’t!

Allow me to pinch-hit for you UConn… I’m going with something simple like “maddening” Martinez.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong’s swing zone is apparently from the ground to the top of his head. He looks completely out of sorts.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have two less base runners for the game and 5 less runs. Such is life when you can’t put the ball over the fence.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

only PIT has a worse slg%, we’re 29th. Can we play them again? Soon!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

only PIT has a worse slg%, we’re 29th. Can we play them again? Soon!

I wish. It’s obvious that the team is worn out but the power wasn’t very good to begin with. After the meat grinder of a schedule, there’s just nothing left.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope we don’t need a 4th SP for the POSSIBLE postseason.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gomber would be my pick for SP4, and the Royals agree. In this whacky 2020 I don’t know how soon we’d play a 7 game series.

Participant

Free

I was REALLY mad when ESPN2 blacked out this game. After all this, I am probably glad it is. (Although, there are no fans allowed in the stands. Why should there be a black out?)

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Royals get the timely hit, we have Dejong swing at a pitch 2 foot above the strike zone and then Miller hit a dribbler.

Participant

Paid - Annual

After this taxing schedule, the boys need two full days and nights on a secluded beach. No wives, no girlfriends and not one single word spoken that is associated with the game of baseball. Just a lot of horsing around, swimming, boogie boarding, towel whipping, volleyball, great food and mucho alcohol on Day 1. No booze on Day 2. Then playoff time. It’s their only real shot at making some hay in post season play.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Pugs this team will limp into the playoffs and fall hard out of them.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

0-6 in games where they try to go 3 games over .500 which is the most .500 ever for a .500 team.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, it sure looks that way, Colhusker. This score is eerily reminiscent of Game 7 of the 1985 World Series.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I made the mistake of looking at Twitter to see the injury update on Carlos. If there is an injury or even if not, it’s probably for the best that his season is done. That said, there are so many so called fans trashing our players on there. Talk about a shameful display.

Participant

Free

On to Brewers. If we could win 3/5 I think we are likely to avoid flying to Detroit. 2/5 will likely require 1 of 2 in Detroit. Hate to waste a starter. Go Ponce!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

forsch asked:

I was REALLY mad when ESPN2 blacked out this game. After all this, I am probably glad it is. (Although, there are no fans allowed in the stands. Why should there be a black out?)

I am guessing you live in an area covered by FOX Midwest. That would be why. MLB blackouts are based on TV rights, not fans in the stands. (Not defending it – just explaining.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The 12-3 shellacking puts the Cards at 27-26. Cubs and Brewers lost. Reds won. Cards and Reds tied at 3 1/2 back. Brewers at 4 1/2. Cards are 5th playoff seed, percentage points ahead of Cincy.

Participant

Free

I can’t believe the Royals actually have a RP named Blewett! The worst name for a pitcher since Bob Walk.

Participant

Free

The only thing worse than watching the Royals take our lunch is having to listen to Brad Thompson talk about it.

Wanna join the Brad Thompson fan club. I am the only member and it’s getting scary down here. I only have one arm. Brad talked the other one off.

My one comment on this game is – see ya in ’21 Cards. Reading Anne Rogers report on the game one would think that it was close.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“somnambulant” BWAHAHA, too funny

yes, I had to google it

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

I put that in there just for you, jj!

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years