2020 Cardinals Game #51 – Mon. Sep. 21 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #51 – Mon. Sep. 21 at Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:05 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (5-1, 2.87) vs. RHP Carlos Hernández (0-0, 3.86)
    FS Midwest // KMOX

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, it’s the final week of the regular season and the Cards have managed to limp their way into contention. I believe they have not gotten to 3 games over .500 yet this season, so that would be a good thing to have happen. Waino on the mound, so there’s a better chance than usual that it does. Still, this team may well have 10 games over the next 8 days to cover. Who will start the games? Waino, Kim, Gomber, Ponce, Cmart, Oviedo…?

Thankfully the teams they play aren’t amazing, and hopefully it doesn’t come down to the last day doubleheader. It likely will, though.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully Fowler and Gallegos will be activated today. They both could be very helpful this last week. Gio is obviously our best reliever and Dexter was playing well before going on the IL. His presence in the lineup will mean fewer AB’s for Carp since Edman will be at 3B.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fowler and Gallegos are being activated from the IL, optioned out are Justin Williams and Nabil Crismatt, and Roel Ramírez has been designated for assignment.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

STL Lineup

K Wong (L) 2B
    T Edman (S) 3B
    P Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    P DeJong (R) SS
    Y Molina (R) C
    M Carpenter (L) DH
    T O’Neill (R) LF
    D Fowler (S) RF
    D Carlson (S) CF

Participant

Paid - Annual

Did Kaminsky pass through waivers?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems like they would break up the outfielders hitting 7-8-9, especially with Carp hitting 6th. I guess there aren’t many hot hitters going no matter where you shuffle them.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, Kaminsky cleared waivers, but he is done for 2020. Further, as I mentioned in this story…

“Note that Kaminsky will be eligible to return to minor league free agency this fall, though if both sides are agreeable, he could return to the Cardinals for 2021.”

Dylan Carlson Returns to Cardinals, Lineup

Participant

Free

Oh what a difference a couple of days can make. Saturday evening it looked like we had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Now we are back in 2nd place, control our own destiny, got Waino toeing the rubber tonight, Dex and Gallegos back. Things are looking up. I think we are due to score some runs too.

It’s a beautiful evening here in Northwest Arkansas with a hint of fall in the air. I just walked out back and picked some of the last of my pablano peppers and sweet 100 cherry tomatoes to put in the Carroll Shelby’s Texas Chili I’ve got simmering on the stove. Plan to eat it with some Nabisco Premium saltine crackers and shredded cheddar cheese right about the time of tonight’s first pitch.

Wishing everybody a pleasant and healthy evening in this currently crazy world.

Thankful for this place.

Go Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler was driving to KC? The only thing I want to see Dexter driving is the ball. What do you do if you’re driving down the freeway, minding your own business….and along side you Dexter Fowler motors on by? I know what I would have done the past 3 seasons, but this year is different, so I guess you just give him a tip of the cap and watch him sail on by.

What’s for din-din you may ask? How about creamy garlic shrimp & pasta, red snapper, asparagus spears, mashed potatoes, and cinnamon apple pie?

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll trade you my dinner for your’s, Tinkster. That Carroll Shelby’s Texas chili sounds like a winner. Toss in some raw onions with that shredded cheese too.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Are you sure you’re not making up that menu, Pugs? Who cooked?

Tinky’s dinner sounds doable (and delicious).

Your menu sounds delicious.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A pleasant and healthy evening wish back to you Tinky

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Unlike our lineup with Carpenter hitting sixth (rather than 9th), I like the sound of both of those didn’t-dins. We did homemade bean burritos for our “Meatless Monday” fare. The wifey and I try to stick to vegetarian every Monday. We do have some nice additions with fresh roasted Anaheim Chile’s picked up yesterday at our local garden center, and avacado. Plus the salsa is entirely home grown from our garden.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Spell check messed up “din-dins”.

Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re looking at the cook, UCONN. Wifey not coming back until 9p tonight, so I put together a nice little leftover medley from the weekend. I still think Tinky’s chili dinner sounds better. Let’s hope our Bird’s have a lot cooking in tonight’s game. This game troubles me. I wouldn’t bet the game if someone had a gun to my head

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wainwright this season:

5.25 ERA innings 1-3 (24 IP)
    1.17 ERA innings 4-6 (23 IP)
    0.00 ERA innings 7-9 (6.1 IP)

innings 4-9, 3 ER over 29.1 IP, with a 2/28 BB/K

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs said:

What do you do if you’re driving down the freeway, minding your own business….and along side you Dexter Fowler motors on by?

You probably would never have known. My guess is his vehicles have tinted windows.

P.S. Speaking of – if Carroll Shelby was half as successful in chili as he was in cars, that should be one tasty meal!

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Love the manager hitting Carp in the 6-spot!! 🙂

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

I am impressed, Pugs.

Marp is a plus-.390 hitter at Kauffman Stadium for his career. Maybe Matheny would like him in Royals blue

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter gets us on the board!
    Not to be overlooked, that was Carp singling in front of Yadi’s game winning HR yesterday.

Participant

Free

We would only be so lucky, UConn

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Yep, forsch

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years