2020 Cardinals Game #49 – Sat, Sept. 19 at Pirates

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #49 – Sat, Sept. 19 at Pirates

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj said:

I think we need to add Knizner back for say Williams, just to keep from forcing Yadi to play when he’s really not available

Williams could be happening on Monday – to make room for Fowler. Molina’s X-rays were negative but there is concern as it was in the same spot already sore from the Braun swing.

Participant

Free

Molina’s X-rays were negative but there is concern as it was in the same spot already sore from the Braun swing.

Of course they will need signed approval from Yadi.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great comeback W. Bullpen was solid in this one. Edman was super clutch. This is the type of win that you can build on. The loss of Hudson could cost us big time unless the options Ponce-Gomber-Ovido can patch in a couple of effective outings…. this will be crucial.

It looks like you can add the Monday double-header vs. DET to the schedule but only Martinez and one of three mentioned above will be ready to pitch.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BW, I’d go ahead and make the Knizner for Williams roster change now, just so we have two healthy catchers.

When Gallegos and Fowler are set to return I’d be looking at Fernandez and Ravelo to the taxi squad. Ravelo for the same reason as Williams, limited playing time, with Fowler returning making it four outfielders active without counting Edman.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

well, Yadi is starting, never mind

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years