2020 Cardinals Game #43 – Tue, Sept. 15 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #43 – Tue, Sept. 15 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas has had a miserable season. Can’t hit, field, or throw.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

About the only thing left to find out tonight is whether the Cards will allow a franchise record for runs. The record is 28, fwiw.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I really don’t get what is going on with Thomas defensively. He was always a plus fielder in the minors.

Not making excuses. Just wondering if he is past the effects of COVID. But if he isn’t, he shouldn’t be out there in the first place.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On the pitching side, I commented on Twitter that Schrock must be frustrated being stuck on the taxi squad. The other position player to pitch recently (last year) is on the other team now (Gyorko).

Participant

Paid - Annual

Could be Brian. Thomas doesn’t look like himself. It will be interesting to see how the front office evaluates some of these players from this season. If the poor performances are written off as a SSS aberration will the good performances be viewed the same way?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Avatargscottar.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t know, gscottar. However, I do know that Mo recently said that they will use the rest of this season to evaluate the OF to determine if they need to go external for help this winter. Right now, the answer appears to be “yes”.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Be careful. Posters who have questioned our outfield have been severely chastised on here. One was even called a “troll” and a “moron” without forum supervisory correction.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran, stop playing the victim. Talk about baseball.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crismatt might be the hero of the game by eating those last three innings.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards lose 18-3 to fall below .500 at 21-22.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently the Cardinals didn’t like some of the noise coming out of the Brewer dugout tonight. Could be a couple of interesting games tomorrow.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Shildt just talked about that extensively. Before Molina’s wrist was hit by Braun’s swing, there had been some words between them. Shildt did not accuse Braun of wrongdoing, but said “it just didn’t look good”. He suggested someone in the dugout questioned Molina’s toughness (my reading). He felt the insults were more at him than Molina after he stared in their dugout, but was very vehement that he always has his players backs, especially Molina, who he called “an absolute gladiator”.

Participant

Free

Message to Flaherty…what happens between the white lines matters. Brutal performance in a big game.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Vogelbach looks like a latter-day Smokey Burgess. Never really saw Smokey, other then occasional highlights of the 1960 World Series, but he has the same general build, and I think he hits the same way – basically taking what they give you.

Even though I never saw him play, Smoky is a guy I heard a lot about since he was born, passed away and buried in my home county. He retired about the time I started watching MLB as a kid. Trivia question: Who caught Harvey Haddix during the 12 perfect inning game? Yep, it was Smoky.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not playing the victim, BW. I just wonder why it’s suggested in a supervisory manner that posters not be so hard on the offense and “step back” for awhile, while other posters are allowed to name call. Straight forward question for you – is calling someone a moron and troll allowed on The Cardinal Nation? If not, why was it allowed to pass? Thank you in advance for your answer. Go Cards! They need to go on a run. Let’s take 2 today.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran, as I have reminded you many times, you know how to reach me off the board.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Jack Flaherty has looked like dog doo doo since he started wearing his heart on his T shirt. Get back to St Louis Cardinals gear and ditch the other stuff. I also keep wondering over how Danny Mac seems to fester over how many pitches he throws as if there is a lower limit for him because he was off 17 days. Jack gotta wear his big boy pants now and hang in there. Jim Edmonds has his number last night – same pitch in same place gets same treatment -POW.

Participant

Free

BW wrote: Before Molina’s wrist was hit by Braun’s swing, there had been some words between them.

That’s right Brian. I noticed Braun having words before the pitch with with either Yadi or the Umpire and it seemed to be rather extensive or somewhat longer than normal. I don’t think the bat hit was deliberate but Braun should not even be in baseball after the stunt he tried to pull a few years back.

Participant

Free

Bccran is correct and as for talking baseball the Cards need a full housecleaning starting with Mo.

Participant

Free

Shaken what a home run post to the truth.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There is also speculation that the Cards believed that the Brewers were stealing signs.

Participant

Paid - Annual

File this game under disasters. I’m guessing that Yadi had a lot to be upset about. The MIL bench was whooping it up while also trying to get to Molina and he probably heard every word.. Flaherty was slapped around like a kewpie doll and it seems lost his focus and/or competitiveness plus his team was being soundly beaten down. Things were headed for a commotion and Yadi obliged.

We’ll see if Shildt’s leadership can turn this team around today.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope there’s no carry over commotion. Although a little chin music with Braun might be warranted.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years