2020 Cardinals Game #4 – Tue 7/28 at Twins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #4 – Tue 7/28 at Twins

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, you do know the team is 2-1, right? Perhaps you should wait a bit to head for the exits.

The Twins won 101 games last season and improved their pitching and their offense this year. Having said that, this IS Homer Bailey pitching, after all…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

p.s Whitey Herdog is at the Vet. Been there two weeks plus now. Back/Disc/IVDD issues.

Too bad. My nearly 13 y/o Bonnie has slowed down a lot recently with issues in her back hips. Put her on CBD oil last week. Too soon to tell much. It can improve quality of life and decrease inflammation/pain. Doesn’t have some of the nasty side effects on organs that NSAIDS and steroids might have.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nice running catch by O’Neill at the wall in left-center. I don’t think Ozuna would have run that one down last year.

… and then he blasted a 2-run HR on a full count…

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Welp even with the DH the Cardinals still have a pitcher batting 9th.

Participant

Free

Hey Rats glad Whitey Herdog is gonna be ok Gombers lookin pretty good we’re still in this game

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Can the DH be used for a player other than the pitcher? Otani comes to mind.

Participant

Free

Don’t know bout that also don’t know about Carp for DH did he learn how to hit opp fueld yet?

Participant

Free

Got on foot in mouth!

Participant

Free

Hey if you could get in the park you could get lots of foul balls!

Participant

Free

Pitchings ok now -need some runs

Participant

Free

Edman Solo shot of Buxton’s glove. 6-3

What a garbage ab by DeJong.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Slider down and away with two strikes gets our guys every time. You’d think they’d know what’s coming by now. Need to rethink our DH too, just not working.

Participant

Free

Two stinkers in a row. Martinez again fails to impress.

Everything about the entire night stinks. Everything.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t like the loss, but the pitching following Martinez was excellent. Our lack of consistent offense is most troublesome. Perhaps we can start by benching Bader. Thomas needs more chances to play IMO. Hopefully Carlson can add a spark at some point. Also, depending on how Carpenter does, and while there are 3 catchers on the roster I would like to see Weiters get a chance at DH.

Participant

Free

WOW, hellsapoppin in MLB. You know looking in the dugouts it is easy to see how the bug gets spread to multiple players. Only the coaches are masked and players are face to face a lot. Be that as it may I guess. I think there will be one or two more Marlin-like outbreaks.

Miles is toast till ’21 so who takes his starter role – auditioning Ponce? Maybe Kim? But one look at Carlos shoulder and if he still needs all that Hot Stuff (or whatever name they are using nowadays) slathered on that shoulder as a starter I don’t see him making even a 60 game season as a starter. With the output of Harry’s Son not being of high quality it may be short notice for Dylan to make it up I-44 to St Louie town. Dex is not showing an All-Star year either. Highlight of the season will be the Field of Dreams game if we make it that far.

Participant

Paid - Annual

More than half of Gomber’s pitches were up in the zone. Hopefully, he just had the opening night jitters.

Watching that Twins lineup is a humbling experience if you’re a Cardinals fan. I hope Ponce de Leon has his mojo tonight.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once Carlos made the throwing error, the wifey said “he’s done”. You saw what followed, and she was right, his 10 cent head took over.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years